Sign in to follow this  
National express super guard

useful advice if you're travelling to qpr game by train (cheap fares)

yes you can buy in advance and stick to the exact train you''re booked on (always helpful if you''re on 2030 from london but get to liverpool street at 6!!!). However, if you''re travelling from norwich and want an open off peak return (saver return) try this;buy a norwich to cambridge cheap day returnthen buy a cambridge to london cheap day return.saves about 20 quid and takes about 20 mins longer! obviously you have to go via cambridge but there are some lovely conductors who work that route!!!hope its some help

If you can get four of you together and book a London Travel card using Groupsave4 you get your train and underground for under £24 each. Accompanying kids are only £1 with their underground.

[quote user="National express super guard "]yes you can buy in advance and stick to the exact train you''re booked on (always helpful if you''re on 2030 from london but get to liverpool street at 6!!!). However, if you''re travelling from norwich and want an open off peak return (saver return) try this;
buy a norwich to cambridge cheap day return
then buy a cambridge to london cheap day return.
saves about 20 quid and takes about 20 mins longer! obviously you have to go via cambridge but there are some lovely conductors who work that route!!!
hope its some help
[/quote]

Wonder if you could give us some tips for travelling to Millwall as I presume from your name that you''re a gurad on the train.

Travelling from peterborough for the Millwall game its 18 quid for me and 3 quid for my son travelling FFC (first capitol connect) I know its no good for those in the east but any supporters in the west its perfect and that includes the tube too [:)]

[quote user="jbghost"]If you can get four of you together and book a London Travel card using Groupsave4 you get your train and underground for under £24 each. Accompanying kids are only £1 with their underground.[/quote]If you can get a Delorean up to 88 miles an hour and enable the flux capacitor when the lightning strikes the clock tower, you can go back in time thirty years, and therefore pretty much guarantee you''ll be at the match for kick-off.

This is exactly what I hate about train travel. There really is no tranparancy about how much fares are!. Its quite ridiculous that there should be so much difference in price due to ,what time you go, whether it''s a fixed or open ticket ,how many of you there are, whether its booked 8 weeks in advance etc etc etc, surely it shouldn''t come down to nudges and winks from people who ''know the system'' such as this?. I gurantee that you could go to Norwich train station tomorrow and ask 5 different members of staff behind the counter how much a return ticket would be to London on Saturday and you would get 5 different answers....quite ridiculous!

"Wonder if you could give us some tips for travelling to Millwall "

Wear a suit of armour.

Blokes who are fat can simply shave their head and mutter "sorted", "geezer" and " ''andsome" at regular intervals.

Failing that a few of the old claret and blue colours should see you ok as you stroll down the Old Kent Road *

*it may be just claret when you stroll back though!

1) yes I know all Norwich based conductors as I am one2) cityangel, I will have a look in to it. I know though if you get ticket stratford to nearest station to the new den then it saves on tube fare coz london crossing is included in price and its cheaper!!!3) you can try and ask 5 members of staff behind the counter, but you''ll be bloody lucky to find 5 members of staff behind the counter with our staffing policy!!!ahem

[quote user="El Choppo"][quote user="jbghost"]If you can get four of you together and book a London Travel card using Groupsave4 you get your train and underground for under £24 each. Accompanying kids are only £1 with their underground.[/quote]If you can get a Delorean up to 88 miles an hour and enable the flux capacitor when the lightning strikes the clock tower, you can go back in time thirty years, and therefore pretty much guarantee you''ll be at the match for kick-off.[/quote]But only if you live a further 30 years from 1980 - 2010.  On the up side, you''ll only have 4 years to wait for the Milk Cup final !

When the Capital Canaries are unable to use the direct Liverpool St. to Norwich line we always go via Cambridge with GroupSave 4s and a ticket split, works out to around �18 each.

For the Millwall game the only option is via Liverpool St. as they are no connections at Cambridge / Ely that time of night.

For anyone thinking of driving into East London and using the Central Line stations east of Liverpool St, (Favourite ones are Epping and Redbridge)please note that there are engineering works all weekend between Leytonstone and Liverpool St, which will take away serious beer time (iro 50 mins).