Sign in to follow this  
Theythinkitsallover

So Ipswich/Norwich

doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs with our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.[/quote]

How do the 2 compare? Look at attendances and you''ll soon notice your little club doesn''t compare.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs with our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.[/quote]

We are third, you are fith. Who''s the pride of Anglia?  NORWICH NORWICH!

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs with our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.[/quote]

i dont

Blimey. A decent enough and mature post from a rival fan, which has an opinion and a point, and out come the w*nker brigade.

I kinda agree with this, Obviously the PL is where everyone wants to be, however I think there''s a part of every fan that enjoys the chase and thrill of getting there slightly more than actually being there.

Kinda like pulling a bird really.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Blimey. A decent enough and mature post from a rival fan, which has an opinion and a point, and out come the w*nker brigade.[/quote]just one of the many reasons I hate the regular posters on this board. I don''t even know why i still come on here and read this drivel. still always can be fun to wind some of them up. bet this gets a bite even tho I''ve just stated that that was what my aim was!

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]just one of the many reasons I hate the regular posters on this board. I don''t even know why i still come on here and read this drivel. still always can be fun to wind some of them up. bet this gets a bite even tho I''ve just stated that that was what my aim was![/quote]You''re blowing my cover.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Blimey. A decent enough and mature post from a rival fan, which has an opinion and a point, and out come the w*nker brigade.
[/quote]

I don''t understand why you left the O out of Wonker? Are they still doing those golden ticket things?

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs with our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.[/quote]A sensible post deserves the respect of a sensible answer. If other posters aren''t capable of being civil then they shouldn''t bother posting. They can go and post on WACCOE or HOF where they''ll feel far more at home.I thoroughly agree with the OP. I''d like to make the Prem with City but we need to build the side for a couple of seasons first (like 2004). If we somehow won promotion this season, once the celebrations had died down I''d be very fearful of the experience awaiting us in The Prem.I honestly enjoyed our ''04 Championship winning season and League 1 last year more than our last season in the Prem. A few games at home stand out, (ManU, Boro, Newcastle) but it was awful going away and not winning for a whole season. Not forgetting all the strange Prem kick off times for TV. Games on Mon nights & Sundays when it makes rail travel difficult.Top 8 finish in the Championship this season would be a great result for us and allow us to consolidate. Strengthen the squad again in the Summer and mount a sustained push for promotion the following season.

[quote user="Theythinkitsallover"]doing ok. You can see the respective boards hoping come January we are both in the same,if not improved, positions. No more financial investment then. Seriously though even with Evans investment and your astute manager i didn''t expect this. We all want the premier league but sorry,with clubs with our size and investment this league is far more exciting. Weird but true.

We are third, you are fith. Who''s the pride of Anglia?  NORWICH NORWICH!

[/quote]Posts like this make me realise how easy it is to troll some of you lot.

Really dont understand those people that dont want to get promotion as soon as possible. Regardless of where they finish up at the end of the season, Blackpool certainly look like they''re enjoying themselves, and if worst comes to worst they''ve got the parachute payments to give them a ''better than the rest us'' chance of going straight back up again. Would they swap the win at Anfield for a mid table finish in the championship and another season in a ''competitive'' league?Surely whatever league you''re in its only competitive if you''re going all out to win every match? Well for those who want to stay in the championship for whatever reason, we''d have to go along to some games of the season knowing we''d see an average, only playing for a draw kind of performance as win too many games and we''re ''in danger'' of getting promoted!Are West Brom fans saying they''d much rather be stuck in the championship than the yo yo club they''ve become? More importantly who says promotion would soon be followed by relegation? Last few seasons have shown that clubs that go up dont necessarily come straight back down and with Lambert in charge id feel sure we were in the right hands (hes certainly made a good start in his first season in the championship).I want us to achieve the very best we can, with the current board and under the management of Lambert and Culverhouse who knows whats possible and when. If it was promotion this season i certainly wouldnt be disappointed, much the opposite.

Would do most things for us to be in the Premiership. I think clubs like Blackpool are the way forward; go up, spend nothing, come down financially stable but with the team that took you up.

Firstly welcome to our site and apologies for the idiots who don''t seem to be able to talk to rival fans nicely.

As for do we all want  the Premier league, thats a difficult one, part of me watches Blackpools progress and thinks we could do that and part of me thinks we''ll just be another WBA and yo yo backwards and forwards collected a few million on the way. It was exciting going to Premier clubs when we were there but it was sould destroying losing so many games and taking the stick afterwards.

So guess the answer is yes I''d like us to go up as we need the money but unless we do a Blackpool I''m not sure we''ll enjoy the ride.

Am really looking forward to the ''''derby'''' game at CR this season, think you''ll be surprised at how well organised we are nowadays and how well our diamond works for us with Wes and Crofts.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Blimey. A decent enough and mature post from a rival fan, which has an opinion and a point, and out come the w*nker brigade.[/quote]Gotta admit your right here, we get a half intellegent post from a scummer ( which is actually appreciated ) and the NCFC finest come out in numbers to show thier support. Save the duche baggery for the pub / stands / moronic scummer posts

Gotta kinda agree with the OP though, i do find the Championship a lot more exciting than the prospect of the Premier (and certainly league One ! )Think that a club like Norwich or Ipswich in the Prem would get knocked straight back down.Clubs like Man City and Chelski have opened up their FM10 console and entered the "money cheat" thus kinda ruining football for everyone a bit !If clubs like Liverpool, Arsenal , Everton etc etc etc cant compete then honestly we can look forwards to a nice season of not can we stay up but can we get double figure points and not embarass ourselves.  As much as id love to see the big names etc at Carrow road and be able to watch these games i cant help thinking it would be a long and somewhat depressing season of loses and skin of the teeth draws !

As much as I would love to see us back in the prem I just dont see it happening this season, or indeed for Norwich, I do think this is a season of consolidation for both clubs leading to a serious assault next season. Of course either of the two clubs could quite easily make the play offs and then the lottery of them could well mean promotion. I honestly do think Norwich or Ipswich are more than capable of mixing it with the likes of Blackpool, Birmingham, WBA, Wigan, West Ham, Wolves, Bolton, Sunderland, to name just a few, 3 or 4 more additions to either squad and a mid table prem finish is not as daft as it sounds, surely it has to be a good thing financially to go up even if its for one season, come back down financially sound and kick on again. The premiership has to be the place to aspire to be, despite our rivalries both clubs belong in the Premiership, instead of no-mark clubs like Wigan for crying out loud.

[quote user="Alan_Grey"]Blimey. A decent enough and mature post from a rival fan, which has an opinion and a point, and out come the w*nker brigade.[/quote]Feck me.... give us a chance...... I''ve only just got up!Some people honestly.........

The most interesting thing about this season is that there is a real possibility of Norwich and Ipswich meeting in the play offs.  Regardless of the history of both clubs, this would have to be the biggest game that either club had ever been involved in.  The truly frightening thing is going into a game like that and losing.

The comments about attendances above are misleading.  At the last count, the population of Norfolk was 839,000 compared to 711,000 in Suffolk, so Ipswich have a potential customer base of around 15% less than us.  When you factor in their historically higher prices I think it is fair to say there is very little differnce between the clubs in terms of support.

[quote user="dylanisabaddog"]

The most interesting thing about this season is that there is a real possibility of Norwich and Ipswich meeting in the play offs.  Regardless of the history of both clubs, this would have to be the biggest game that either club had ever been involved in.  The truly frightening thing is going into a game like that and losing.

The comments about attendances above are misleading.  At the last count, the population of Norfolk was 839,000 compared to 711,000 in Suffolk, so Ipswich have a potential customer base of around 15% less than us.  When you factor in their historically higher prices I think it is fair to say there is very little differnce between the clubs in terms of support.

[/quote]Its great to read a post from someone with a very measured and sensible opinion on crowd sizes, as opposed to the usual "we''ve got more fans than them" nonsense. As for meeting in the play offs I would absolutely hate that to be honest, it would be just unbearable for the losers of that game, I bet both sets of fans would take it right now though.

[quote]

The most interesting thing about this season is

that there is a real possibility of Norwich and Ipswich meeting in the

play offs.  Regardless of the history of both clubs, this would have to

be the biggest game that either club had ever been involved in. [/quote]Bigger than the Milk Cup Semi-Final ? [:o]

[quote user="bluemike"]With what is at stake it would undoubtedly be bigger.
[/quote]

Yes the stakes would be huge and as you posted earlier, I would hate it too. I don''t think my poor old nerves could take it.

[quote user="bluemike"] As for meeting in the play offs I would absolutely hate that to be honest, it would be just unbearable for the losers of that game, [/quote]

My nerves wouldn''t be able to stand it either.

I must admit I hate the derby always more to lose than to gain.

ironically I am only in Norfolk every other weekend and they way the games have gone even though I have a season ticket Swansea was the last home game I made and Ipswich will be the next. hopefully it will swap round soon.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="bluemike"]With what is at stake it would undoubtedly be bigger. [/quote]It''s only money [:)][/quote]True but we could certainly do with it !!