Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Anti football

Nutty,

Thanks for those fascinating statistics about our game plan. I was very intreagued before the start of the season as to how Paul Lambert would setup his team. One way of thinking could see us as Championship newboys who would aim for consolidation by playing it ''safe''; perhaps by sending out a defensive-minded team, particularly away from home, with the intention of picking up a few points here and there.

Instead, it seems as though his approach is to win every league game, both home and away. Would you agree with that statement from your own observations?

As already mentioned the QPR game looks delicious. I can''t see PL reverting to defence, but looking for good organisation and balance in order to gain all three points.  It promises to be a cracking game. 

I would certainly agree yellow hammer. Winning games is a huge advantage especially away from home where other managers are often happy with a point. I believe Lambert is more than happy if the game''s still tight going into the last 15 minutes. And I believe he feels it''s then worth making a big push to win the game in the knowledge that the opposition don''t have much time to reply. Other managers probably hope to be in front by the last 15 minutes and then shut up shop.

It doesn''t pay to leave a Norwich game early to miss the rush. Those that do must miss a lot of goals!