Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

The New NCISA Chairman is!

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

then perhaps it should consider winding up.

[/quote]I think they''re being wound up quite nicely already........

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

Perhaps NCISA is an idea whose time has come and gone. It was set up in response to the Chase Out protests and the momentum carried it forward into the difficulties of the past few years. But NCFC is now on an upward swing and NCISA may find it difficult to justify it''s existence as a protest organsiation. Unless it morphs into a social club (if that is what its members want) or we return to the bad old days, then perhaps it should consider winding up. No disgrace in that. On the other hand, an organisation whinging on about nothing in particular can do more damage to the credibility of fans'' groups in the long-term when there really is something to shout about.

Yes there are issues such as the ticketing policy for the 16-21 age group, but there are plenty of ways of getting these points over to the Club in a reasonable way. There''s something to be said for quitting while you''re ahead[/quote]

If they change their image from a protest/complaints group to more of a social club with activities for members, maybe people will see them in a different light?

[/quote]

But there in a nutshell is the dilemna they have. The lovely City Angel is a real fan who wears her suppoorters heart on her sleeve. A real barometer for fans opinions. And like my dear nan''s old weatherhouse she demands independence from the club during grey rainy days when results are disappointing[st] and a nice cosy social club without so much independence with perhaps forums with football club people during sunny days when results are good[H]

Can The Butler and Co manage to be all things to all men at all times[:^)]

Time will tell.....

[/quote]

Think ''''face'''' answered your question Nutty but as you replied to me I''ll answer too.

I was just asking for an opinion from yellow hammer who said that ncisa had served their purpose, wondering as to whether he thought they could carry on if they were more like a social club rather than just a protest group in times of trouble ??

I haven''t ever said whether I personally would prefer them to be independant/protest group or a nice jolly social group  so don''t put words in my mouth Nutty.

[/quote]

Now come on Angel. My post wasn''t a crticism and I meant you no harm. But you have often said both. Last year you posted "as a member I would like them to be firmly outside the tent." And I repeat that''s the problem they have which again wasn''t an attempt to be provocative as my old mate two dots would have it. In fact he hasn''t answered my question at all. Just called me provocative for stating something he''s obviously uncomfortable with.

Now reading Two Dots supposed answer to my post it seems what he would like is for their to be a clean slate everytime the clubs fortunes change. So when the club are losing football matches and struggling cut all ties with the club and be a protest group. Then after the club turn it around and start winning football matches become a supporters club and expect those ties to magically become uncut and go back to how things were. If only life was that simple eh?

Well... can''t see ''inclusiveness'', ''diversity'' or related issues being on their agenda any time soon if this remains the case!! [:D]  Cue much celebration in some quarters.

Seriously, for only a fiver, I would actually have joined the Association to show solidarity with the task... some people have shot their bolt with their posts on here, for me. However, if the Butler''s extensive canon of public statements chimes well with the target membership, then they won''t care what people like me think anyway and I wish him and them all the best!

[quote]Now reading Two Dots supposed answer to my post it seems what he would

like is for their to be a clean slate everytime the clubs fortunes

change. So when the club are losing football matches and struggling cut

all ties with the club and be a protest group. Then after the club turn

it around and start winning football matches become a supporters club

and expect those ties to magically become uncut and go back to how

things were. If only life was that simple eh?[/quote]Oh but it can be nutty.  All you have to do is run a group within a group.  Like the last time we were doing this well in the league.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now come on Angel. My post wasn''t a crticism and I meant you no harm. But you have often said both. Last year you posted "as a member I would like them to be firmly outside the tent." [/quote]

I know it wasn''t a criticism you silly old foal [:)] I can''t believe I ever posted the words '''' I''d like them to be outside the tent '''' doesn''t sound like words I''d use.

As I said I will continue to watch developments and check their website for news before I decide whether its worth renewing.

Still think it will be hard to increase their membership from 350 to 1000 before May but I hope they prove me wrong.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

Now come on Angel. My post wasn''t a crticism and I meant you no harm. But you have often said both. Last year you posted "as a member I would like them to be firmly outside the tent." [/quote]

I know it wasn''t a criticism you silly old foal [:)] I can''t believe I ever posted the words '''' I''d like them to be outside the tent '''' doesn''t sound like words I''d use.

As I said I will continue to watch developments and check their website for news before I decide whether its worth renewing.

Still think it will be hard to increase their membership from 350 to 1000 before May but I hope they prove me wrong.

[/quote]

If you make it easy enough for people to find you, and join (e.g. facebook group which links to site, which links to paypal button), and offer something of interest, then it''s achievable.  650 is just over 3 a day.  It''s reaching and engaging the 3 a day that''s difficult.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="yellow hammer"]

Perhaps NCISA is an idea whose time has come and gone. It was set up in response to the Chase Out protests and the momentum carried it forward into the difficulties of the past few years. But NCFC is now on an upward swing and NCISA may find it difficult to justify it''s existence as a protest organsiation. Unless it morphs into a social club (if that is what its members want) or we return to the bad old days, then perhaps it should consider winding up. No disgrace in that. On the other hand, an organisation whinging on about nothing in particular can do more damage to the credibility of fans'' groups in the long-term when there really is something to shout about.

Yes there are issues such as the ticketing policy for the 16-21 age group, but there are plenty of ways of getting these points over to the Club in a reasonable way. There''s something to be said for quitting while you''re ahead[/quote]

If they change their image from a protest/complaints group to more of a social club with activities for members, maybe people will see them in a different light?

[/quote]

Hi City Angel, I think they will be whatever the members want them to be in as much as if people like yourself and Smudger decide not to renew your memberships along with others then NCISA will become a different group than with you in it. It will reflect what the members want.

I personally think there are four options for the direction of NCISA in the foreseeable future:

A: Pressure Group

Be prepared to take direct action and lead protests such as organising St.Andrew Hall-type meetings, boycotts, sit-outs, and the like. A  pressure group works against the club. This only works when you have clear objectives such as getting the Chairman out. I''m not endorsing such a group,just saying it is one possibility. Pressure groups should have a limited life, as Face points out, you can''t keep on protesting all the time, you''d be better off supporting some other team

B: Consultative Group

Work together with the club to influence decisions and bring fan feedback to the attention of the club. Of course,the club may not be interested in consultation groups and those involved require some expertise in the field if their views are to carry any weight. There''s an additionalproblem that such groupsare perceived as cliquey, so while I am sure many fans would want to see NCISA become a consultative group,it is not without problems

C: Fund-Raising Group

Primary objective is to look for ways to raise additional funding for the club, the academy, related good-causes, and so on. Again not many would complain if this became the main focus of NCISA, however there are already existing fund-raising groups and competing groups could be counter-productive. Besides, such a group may have little influence within the club unlessthey were raising significant sums of money.  

D: Social Group

If there is nothing to protest about and the club is not interested in listening to a bunch of fans who know nothing of running a football team, then one possibility is to become a social club where everyone is bonded as a fan of Norwich City and a son/daughter of our fair county. It wont have any influence of the club whatsoever, but in this internet age of dislocated persons maybe there is a need to bring youngsters back into the community, and NCISA could fufil such a role. It is not to be dismissed so lightly; I see a trend within our pinkun forum of many posters are now meeting up for a beer and forming realtime friendships and findling out that the likes of Smudger are not bad lads after all, not withstanding Nutty''s T-Shirts.

One thing City Angel, while there might be some overlap in what NCISA does, I don''t think it can be all things to all people. If you''re a pressure group then you cannot expect the average fan to sign up, because most fans are not interested, whatever state the club is in. If you are a pressure group you cannot be expected to be invited to the top table. If you are a consultative group or a social group then be prepared for accusations of belonging to a clique or being a memeber of an inner circle. You know yourself, CA, from the posts on this forum, how it goes.

My final point is that I hope our Butler is an astute chap and listens to what the fans are saying.He needs to judge the mood of the club and the mood of the supporters and decide in what direction to take NCISA based on the current situation and extrapolate that into the forseeable future. Make NCISA to be what supporters want it to be, otherwise if it serves no useful purpose it would be better to kill it off,

YH             

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]E: A Diet Club[/quote]Harsh man, I''m big boned I tells ya.[:(]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]E: A Diet Club[/quote]Harsh man, I''m big boned I tells ya.[:(][/quote]Who''s looking after that dog of yours when you''re away then?My mutt is a cauli...

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]E: A Diet Club[/quote]Harsh man, I''m big boned I tells ya.[:(][/quote]Who''s looking after that dog of yours when you''re away then?My mutt is a cauli...[/quote]I don''t actually own a dog, I think you just decided I did and I went along with it![:)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"]E: A Diet Club[/quote]Harsh man, I''m big boned I tells ya.[:(][/quote]Who''s looking after that dog of yours when you''re away then?My mutt is a cauli...[/quote]I don''t actually own a dog, I think you just decided I did and I went along with it![:)][/quote]Has it just died then?

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]E: A Diet Club[/quote]Harsh man, I''m big boned I tells ya.[:(][/quote]Who''s looking after that dog of yours when you''re away then?My mutt is a cauli...[/quote]I don''t actually own a dog, I think you just decided I did and I went along with it![:)][/quote]Has it just died then?[/quote]NCISA BBQed  it

[quote user="yellow hammer"]

Hi City Angel, I think they will be whatever the members want them to be in as much as if people like yourself and Smudger decide not to renew your memberships along with others then NCISA will become a different group than with you in it. It will reflect what the members want.

I personally think there are four options for the direction of NCISA in the foreseeable future:

A: Pressure Group

Be prepared to take direct action and lead protests such as organising St.Andrew Hall-type meetings, boycotts, sit-outs, and the like. A  pressure group works against the club. This only works when you have clear objectives such as getting the Chairman out. I''m not endorsing such a group,just saying it is one possibility. Pressure groups should have a limited life, as Face points out, you can''t keep on protesting all the time, you''d be better off supporting some other team

B: Consultative Group

Work together with the club to influence decisions and bring fan feedback to the attention of the club. Of course,the club may not be interested in consultation groups and those involved require some expertise in the field if their views are to carry any weight. There''s an additionalproblem that such groupsare perceived as cliquey, so while I am sure many fans would want to see NCISA become a consultative group,it is not without problems

C: Fund-Raising Group

Primary objective is to look for ways to raise additional funding for the club, the academy, related good-causes, and so on. Again not many would complain if this became the main focus of NCISA, however there are already existing fund-raising groups and competing groups could be counter-productive. Besides, such a group may have little influence within the club unlessthey were raising significant sums of money.  

D: Social Group

If there is nothing to protest about and the club is not interested in listening to a bunch of fans who know nothing of running a football team, then one possibility is to become a social club where everyone is bonded as a fan of Norwich City and a son/daughter of our fair county. It wont have any influence of the club whatsoever, but in this internet age of dislocated persons maybe there is a need to bring youngsters back into the community, and NCISA could fufil such a role. It is not to be dismissed so lightly; I see a trend within our pinkun forum of many posters are now meeting up for a beer and forming realtime friendships and findling out that the likes of Smudger are not bad lads after all, not withstanding Nutty''s T-Shirts.

One thing City Angel, while there might be some overlap in what NCISA does, I don''t think it can be all things to all people. If you''re a pressure group then you cannot expect the average fan to sign up, because most fans are not interested, whatever state the club is in. If you are a pressure group you cannot be expected to be invited to the top table. If you are a consultative group or a social group then be prepared for accusations of belonging to a clique or being a memeber of an inner circle. You know yourself, CA, from the posts on this forum, how it goes.

My final point is that I hope our Butler is an astute chap and listens to what the fans are saying.He needs to judge the mood of the club and the mood of the supporters and decide in what direction to take NCISA based on the current situation and extrapolate that into the forseeable future. Make NCISA to be what supporters want it to be, otherwise if it serves no useful purpose it would be better to kill it off,

YH             [/quote]

Thats a really well thought out constructive post YH, have they approached you to join their committee yet? [:)][:)]

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Well I guess there''s only one way to find out  

''''I''d like them to be outside the tent ''''  > > > >   Search

[;)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats a really well thought out constructive post YH, have they approached you to join their committee yet? [:)][:)]

[/quote]

Angel, having admired the way you set about the Norwich City Kitty and the way you''ve taken to task many others with your direct and insightful questions, I believe you would most certainly be a quality addition to the committe.

On the other hand, you are a formidable character ''outside of the tent''...... woops!

YH