Sign in to follow this  
norfolkbroadslim

The New NCISA Chairman is!

same old same old , aren''t we important , we know what to do woth 16 - 21 year old concessions , we want to block book away tickets , canary squares , yellows vouchers - I don''t know this bloke and have nothing against him personally , but the NCISA has a very lofted sense of its importance to the football club and its fans - all very well having incentives for members , but what if you don;t want to be a member , will the club run a raffle for people in my family - we are just as important as the NCISA

So, is he now Chairman, without being elected, rather than just Acting Chairman?

Well said, they do think that they are the bee''s knee''s and have something to offer, to me they are as important as reading the TWTD website. Again nothing personal.

Why is that "well said Gary"?

I cannot see why people think that anyone should give them freebies for doing nothing. Whereas if you join something be it NCISA or become a member or supermember of the club it seems reasonable to be offered small incentives in return.

Hey maybe I could start a supermarket and offer points against purchases that are redeemable against future purchases.

Maybe I could offer 2 for 1 cinema tickets if someone took a phone contract with me.

OR maybe I could offer message board posters the opportunity to post a ridiculous moaning post against NCISA for no reason.

Moan when they do something worth moaning about not just because you aren''t one of them.

it is not the freebies that irritate me , it is the way they say - we have a solution to the concessions for 16 - 21 dilemma , when we meet Mcnally , we will say

To me the NCISA is very self serving and nowhere near as important as it believes itself to be , you never hear the club say we have taken notice of the NCISA and as a result their suggestion of whatever will now be implemented

Why should the members of the NCISA get freebies anywway , do the capital canaries , the northern Canaries - all as relevant as the NCISA are

I am not a member of the NCISA never have been and don;t ever expect to be , they do not appeal to me at all. surely the purpose of the organisation is to be a voice between fans and club , not one where they want kickbacks to encourage memebership - once they do that is their position not compromised ?

I have always been against the NCISA in principal and the reason is that it is far too individualistic - the same names appear all the time in dispatches , they are constantly asked for opinions as the voice of the fans - and come out with bland catch all statements so they don;t ruin their standing with the club and the cosiness they enjoy - i know a senior member of the NCISA was sitting beside MR chase when the protests against the early seating of the Barclay was going on - so how they can be in a position such as that ( against the majority of fans ) but then hope to be taken seriously as a fans representative beats me completely

I would be interested to know what achievements the NCISA has - have they ever campaigned against anything and been successful , has the club ever taken on board anything they have suggested

Reading Butler''s interview he says they are looking to increase their membership from 350 to 1000 by the end of the season, thats quite some target in 8 months and I''ll be the first to congratulate them if they achieve that at the current membership fee of £5.

Also sounds from the interview that they are going to make it more of a social club which might suit a lot of people if they find somewhere to have regular meet ups and social activities for their members.

Ncisa wasn’t the most popular organisation in town with the football club, while some non-member supporters saw it as divisive, a group of trouble-makers hell bent on creating havoc.

I lost interest in NCISA the day i heard Roy Blower on the radio calling for the fans to band together be positive and stop the worthy out chants at home matches. The same Roy Blower, NCISA chairman, who had started the worthy out campaign to begin with.

An organisation that wants to be taken seriously, and have people listen to them... Yet most of the members are adults, and spend their time with immature little comments on here 24/7. Once some of the so called ''members'' grow up abit, and act their age, more people might join.

A supporters association that has a membership of less than 1% of the fanbase?What a force!It''ll take me a while to get my head around the fact that the new Chairman, like the old Chairman, is in his 60s given some of the twaddle both of them like to employ to attack anyone online who may not completely agree with them.

The simple way to grow the membership (and this has been mentioned as a possible idea by the new Chairman) would be to organise group rail travel to away matches.  The only problem with that is the club would probably get annoyed at NCISA eating into the Club Cabbage punters.

[quote user="Matt Juler"]The simple way to grow the membership (and this has been mentioned as a possible idea by the new Chairman) would be to organise group rail travel to away matches.  The only problem with that is the club would probably get annoyed at NCISA eating into the Club Cabbage punters.[/quote]I''m not knocking your point.... but brings the age old question back up.  Are they really just a social club or what?

[quote user="gary "]same old same old , aren''t we important , we know what to do woth 16 - 21 year old concessions , we want to block book away tickets , canary squares , yellows vouchers - I don''t know this bloke and have nothing against him personally , but the NCISA has a very lofted sense of its importance to the football club and its fans - all very well having incentives for members , but what if you don;t want to be a member , will the club run a raffle for people in my family - we are just as important as the NCISA[/quote]Brutally frank and spot on.....

[quote user="gary "]it is not the freebies that irritate me ,........

Why should the members of the NCISA get freebies anywway , do the capital canaries , the northern Canaries - all as relevant as the NCISA are ...... surely the purpose of the organisation is to be a voice between fans and club , not one where they want kickbacks to encourage memebership - once they do that is their position not compromised ? [/quote]

Gary - I think you may be confused, these are not freebies from NCFC Plc  so the independant position of NCISA is not compromised.

The match tickets are bought by NCISA and a free draw of NCISA members takes place to find out which member has won the tickets

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Some old butler [;)]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/changing_the_face_of_norwich_city_s_independent_support_1_677069

Probably old news

[/quote]

Have you read it?

[/quote]

Why do you ask?

[/quote]

To state, Probably old news, gives the reader of your post the impression that you haven''t read the article.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, why do some of you act like NCISA ate the jam out of your doughnut?[/quote]

Lol!

[/quote]Its true though, maybe I am not grasping all the facts, but isn''t it just a group of people who want to help fellow fans and also raise some money for the youth academy?Too simplistic a view?

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

Some old butler [;)]

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/changing_the_face_of_norwich_city_s_independent_support_1_677069

Probably old news

[/quote]

Have you read it?

[/quote]

Why do you ask?

[/quote]

To state, Probably old news, gives the reader of your post the impression that you haven''t read the article.

[/quote]

My statement of "probably old news" isn''t anything to do with the content of the article.

It is simply meant as I posted it "probably old news" - i.e. most people on here probably already knew the new chairman of NCISA is The Butler, but here''s the article anyway. 

Nothing more than that.

Yes, I have read the article.

I personally don''t have any real feeling towards NCISA, positive or negative. I must say that previously I haven''t always felt that the organisation has represented the majority of supporters. (though with the amount of different opinions on here, that seems a tough task). I''m glad to see the new chairman realises the need for change and wish him luck with his target for 1000 members.

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]Lol, why do some of you act like NCISA ate the jam out of your doughnut?[/quote]I like the idea, but I think a fair number of people are constantly giving it a bad image. [:)]

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="morty"]Lol, why do some of you act like NCISA ate the jam out of your doughnut?
[/quote]

I like the idea, but I think a fair number of people are constantly giving it a bad image. [:)]
[/quote]

But for what? I really don''t understand what they do that winds people up so much?! [*-)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, why do some of you act like NCISA ate the jam out of your doughnut?[/quote]

Lol!

[/quote]Its true though, maybe I am not grasping all the facts, but isn''t it just a group of people who want to help fellow fans and also raise some money for the youth academy?Too simplistic a view?[/quote]Yes.Such well meaning groups usually consist of individuals who have the inbuilt need to shuffle paper and organise matters that don''t need organising. It applies to just about every activity going from metal detecting through to dog owning..... someone somewhere has to put it in a box and label it. Seldom are they manual workers.... invariably they are institutionalised pen pushers from the civil service who can''t leave well alone.People employed in the real world seldom have so much time to waste.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

[quote user="morty"]Lol, why do some of you act like NCISA ate the jam out of your doughnut?
[/quote]

Lol!

[/quote]

Its true though, maybe I am not grasping all the facts, but isn''t it just a group of people who want to help fellow fans and also raise some money for the youth academy?

Too simplistic a view?

[/quote]

Yes.

Such well meaning groups usually consist of individuals who have the inbuilt need to shuffle paper and organise matters that don''t need organising. It applies to just about every activity going from metal detecting through to dog owning..... someone somewhere has to put it in a box and label it. Seldom are they manual workers.... invariably they are institutionalised pen pushers from the civil service who can''t leave well alone.

People employed in the real world seldom have so much time to waste.

[/quote]

And ........ so what?! Still can''t see why this winds people up so much [*-)]