Sign in to follow this  
East Lancs Yellow

White City is closest to loftus road, but shepherds bush market has more pubs along the way

Aren''t the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines suspended? In which case Shepherd''s Bush Market (and Wood Lane) would be closed?

Shephards bush on the central line is right near shephards bush market station. Apparently there is a wetherspoons right near there aswell so I think thats where we are going

[quote user="Northluck C."]Aren''t the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines suspended? In which case Shepherd''s Bush Market (and Wood Lane) would be closed?
[/quote]

[Y] Cheers for that.Looks like the Circle Line then now that i have seen the dreaded words "Rail replacement buses"!!

What are you people on? You go directly to White City from Liverpool Street on the Central Line where there are no reported disruptions for the weekend.

[quote user="Herman "]Not everyone is coming from Norfolk,Shyster[:O][/quote]

In that case, they are not proper City fans [;)]Where are you traveling from, Herman?

Herts.Train to Kings X and then H and City would have been easier,but Circle isn''t too much extra harrassment.Just have to find a pub now.I was going to stop at Baker St.

Circle is also shut Herman - best take the Piccadilly to Holborn or Victoria to Oxford Circus from Kings X.

KX to Holborn on the Picc. Central from Holborn to Shep Bush (for pubs), or White City (for the ground).

As stated above White City closest to ground, Shepherds Bush central line probably best for pubs. Round the Green there is a sh*t Wetherspoons in thwe cinema complex or alternatively yopu will get into Walkabout or O''Neils. Defectors Weld is the best pub but along with the Green opposite will probably not let away fans in. There are better pubs tucked away on the backstreets if yiou have a bit of time to find them. Are alsoa  few bars in the new Westfield complex but not really a very "football" pre match experience!

No point going to Sheps....you will be rounded up by the old bill and forced to travel to ground with them!

All part of their pro-active system

Sorry i was being a spaz and getting my Central and Circle lines mixed up. Cheers anyway, and cheers for the pub tips.

Ah, Norfolk boys in London! Reminds me of the bus trip to Wembley in 1973. The driver stopped in Baldock and asked directions to London. We then got lost and stopped and asked again and we were told we were near Charltons ground. Even I at ten years old thought it strange when we crossed the river!

Wonder if anyone can help, genuine spaz there!  Been advised with my wheelchair to get of at Stratford get Jubilee line to London Bridge, Waterloo or Westminster as there is very limited wheelchair accessibility and then get a bus to Shepherds Bush from one of those places.  It sounds very long winded and probably will be.  I have train and tube tickets that cover upto Zone 3, any ideas?  Green Park was mentioned as a possible. On the way back I can apparently go straight from Wood Lane to Liverpool Street station.  Thanks for any help.

Just checked London Underground travel news,it will have to be Central Line for travel on Saturday.No sevice on the Hammersmith line upto Moorgate and no Circle Line service all weekend.Hope this is usefull.

I personally suggest getting to Lofthouse Road a lot earlier/sooner than 15 minutes before kick-off......

It takes a frustrating eternity to get through the turnstiles (it''s actually, probably quicker to extract 33 Chilean miners from the bowels of hell, than accessing the away end turnstiles of Lofthouse Road).... 

.....And with the School End upper and lower tiers being more or less sold out - if you don''t allow for the expected queuing - you''ll definitely miss the start of the game....

Apart from that....It''s going to be a great atmosphere, and also quite packed in the refreshment areas at half-time...

I''m certainly looking forward to it! (The game that is)...

And just to reiterate.....THE SPRINGBOK BOOZER - IS ONLY FOR THE QPR HOME SUPPORT!

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

On the way back I can apparently go straight from Wood Lane to Liverpool Street station.  Thanks for any help.

[/quote]This won''t be possible as far as I know due to suspension of the Hammersmith & City and Circle lines on Saturday. A real bummer as I can''t see any other way for you to get back to Liverpool Street/Stratford other than by repeating your long-winded bus journey from earlier!

[quote user="Keith Roads"]

Wonder if anyone can help, genuine spaz there!  Been advised with my wheelchair to get of at Stratford get Jubilee line to London Bridge, Waterloo or Westminster as there is very limited wheelchair accessibility and then get a bus to Shepherds Bush from one of those places.  It sounds very long winded and probably will be.  I have train and tube tickets that cover upto Zone 3, any ideas?  Green Park was mentioned as a possible. On the way back I can apparently go straight from Wood Lane to Liverpool Street station.  Thanks for any help.

[/quote]

[:$]Due to my poor use of words i have been trying to figure out a good route for you but i can''t get my head round it.Here is the TFL website,if you haven''t already got it,

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/

Hope it''s more help to you!

don''t worry herman didn''t worry me - just some people could get offended, (not everyone likes the inbetweeners, just most people! Spoke to TFL i''m going to get off at Stratford, go to Westminster, then on to Hamersmith bus station where I will get a 283 to White City, same journey back, now any suggestions of good real ale in Westminister or Hammersmith, don''t fancy White City, police, home fans only etc.

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Ah, Norfolk boys in London! Reminds me of the bus trip to Wembley in 1973. The driver stopped in Baldock and asked directions to London. We then got lost and stopped and asked again and we were told we were near Charltons ground. Even I at ten years old thought it strange when we crossed the river![/quote]

Yes, I remember having a similar experience and was gutted at the time when we didn''t make it to see the teams come out.  Also the driver we had was kind enough to stop at a pub in Enfield (deep in Spurs country) so that we could enjoy a quiet pint on the way home (hahaha).

Also had a strange trip to watch us play away at Wimbledon (when they were squatting at Selhurst Park).  The driver refused to believe we had gone the wrong way down the M27 until we reached Gatwick.  Club Cabbage - don''t you just love it!