Sign in to follow this  
George Smiley

Brazil v Ukraine in Derby ..pitiful attendance

Only 13,000 ,...abysmal ... judging by the success of the under 21 England match surely we could do better at Carrow road if we hosted one of these internationals.If Brazil were in town i would definitely try to go, better than staying at home and watching TV.Maybe a business opportunity for the future.

Tickets were £30 for adults and £15 for concessions in all areas of the ground. At those obscene prices they''ve done bloody well to pull in 13,000.

I agree with S10, 13k is a good attendance at those prices, derby has just a good crowd as we do and I would imagine we would attract a similar figure at that price

And this goes back to the prices vs attendance vs income issue that has been debated for the last few months.

13,000 at Derby paying prices of £30 and £15

vs

26000 at the U21''s paying prices of £10 and £5

Assuming the same ratio of adults to kids at the match at Derby compared to Norwich, the 13,000 spectators paid more gate money than the 26,000.

Maybe the prices at Derby were too high, but the prices at Norwich were too low? Who knows where the middle ground is....

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]our ticket prices are £30 a time sometimes and we always get 24-25 thousand...  Like crystal palace is 29.50 with booking fee [/quote]Yeah, but this was for a nothing game. How many people in Derby are die-hard Brazil fans?

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]why on earth are brazil playing in england?

[/quote]

From what I heard from the Guardian sport podcast with James Richuedson, Brazil fixtures are francised out all over the world. Their next game is in Denmark against the Argies in November

[quote user="Tim Allman"]

And this goes back to the prices vs attendance vs income issue that has been debated for the last few months.

13,000 at Derby paying prices of £30 and £15

vs

26000 at the U21''s paying prices of £10 and £5

Assuming the same ratio of adults to kids at the match at Derby compared to Norwich, the 13,000 spectators paid more gate money than the 26,000.

Maybe the prices at Derby were too high, but the prices at Norwich were too low? Who knows where the middle ground is....

[/quote]Trye, although these 13,000 extra people buy drinks and stuff, could increase it?

Anyway, I''d welcome an international team to carrow road. I''d certainly play £20 to see Brazil, as a 16 year old.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I would pay £30 to see Brazil live....[/quote]I live 20 minutes from Pride Park and I wouldn''t (and didn''t) pay £30 to see a match where I care very little about the result and with makeshift teams.

Reading the Tim Vickery column on the BBC website it seems that the likes of Brazil and Argentina use this time to do money spinning friendlies to raise funds hence why they are playing Ukraine over here.

Also on prices season ticket holders did get a discount down to £22 for adults and £14 for kids.

Davo

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]why on earth are brazil playing in england?

[/quote]Something to do with the fact that the Brazilian FA have whored themselves out to some company for a large sum of money, and the company is then responsible for arranging friendlies all over the place. Why they do this, I don''t know, as surely it would make more financial sense to do this themselves, without a middleman?

The match was played in Derby because Derby has the biggest population of Ukrainians in England.The match was played in England because it isn''t a ballache for the mostly European based players to get there and back to their clubs for the weekend.

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]our ticket prices are £30 a time sometimes and we always get 24-25 thousand... 

Like crystal palace is 29.50 with booking fee
[/quote]

With a bit of fairness to Derby supporters here their gates for their home matches are much higher than ours and their prices are considerably more expensive. I thought Palace tickets were really cheap and Boro tickets were a category A. Its also interesting that Palace is not near selling out with cheap prices but Boro at mega prices looks like it will sell out - the glory hunters return maybe due to our dizzy position in the championship.    

[quote user="Lambert is King"]

[quote user="Top of the League Lass"]our ticket prices are £30 a time sometimes and we always get 24-25 thousand... 

Like crystal palace is 29.50 with booking fee
[/quote]

With a bit of fairness to Derby supporters here their gates for their home matches are much higher than ours and their prices are considerably more expensive. I thought Palace tickets were really cheap and Boro tickets were a category A. Its also interesting that Palace is not near selling out with cheap prices but Boro at mega prices looks like it will sell out - the glory hunters return maybe due to our dizzy position in the championship.    

[/quote]

Or maybe, the Palace game is not selling out because its a Tuesday?

I went to the game as I am a student in Derby.

It was played at Pride Park because Derby has the biggest Ukrainian population in England. The atmosphere was great as there were a load of Brazilians providing the crowd with some samba beats.

The game itself was great, both teams had a go and there was some show boating too.

Hey i''m also a student in Derby, didn''t know there was another Norwich fan here although i did have an inkling after seeing all the Norwich based graffiti in Syn when we were top of the league last season!

Thought the Brazil game was really enjoyable and surprisingly worth the £30. The 13,000 that were there made it a really good atmosphere unlike anything i''d seen at a game before because of the giant flags and samba bands etc... plus Alves'' goal was brilliant and i was sat just behind that goal in the first half.

[quote user="Yella N Green Blood"]Just emailed you guys about going for a drink sometime in Derby.[/quote]

I haven''t got that email, I don''t use the email account linked to my pinkun account and can''t remember the password, but it sounds like a plan. Facebook me, I live on there!

[quote user="Steve Hopkins"]The match was played in Derby because Derby has the biggest population of Ukrainians in England.The match was played in England because it isn''t a ballache for the mostly European based players to get there and back to their clubs for the weekend.[/quote]i thought we lived in 2010 at the time of highspeed aircraft... Brazil should play at home in Brazil.