Sign in to follow this  
manbearpig

Where to go out in Norwich?

Hey how you all doing? Need a bit of help please! Me and a mate are coming up to Norwich for the Boro game and staying for the weekend and was wondering where are the best places to go for a night out? just interested in the usual decent music, beer and women lol! Thanks.

[quote user="When Saturday Comes"][quote user="cosmos67"]Riverside if u want totty and the beers ok and if its music u want then thats the place for ya both [;)][/quote]

Not been out for a while then?
[/quote]

Is Scamps still the place to be seen? Or the Norwood Rooms for something a little more discreet?

saturday night, u probably want tombland from 8-12ish, vodka rev, nowhere, haha''s, beluga..... then down prince of wales after, if ya a bit older than me, then chicagos is good(25-85) but if not then pulse, shoosh, roccos, mercy, etc etc

[quote user="canarycrosby"]saturday night, u probably want tombland from 8-12ish, vodka rev, nowhere, haha''s, beluga..... then down prince of wales after, if ya a bit older than me, then chicagos is good(25-85) but if not then pulse, shoosh, roccos, mercy, etc etc[/quote]

This all sounds good. What language is this written in please?

Don''t go to Riverside....its like a nice Kazakhstan!

If you want a decent night out with your mates, try the pub crawl starting at the Adam and Eve pub, The Wig and Pen, Glasshouse, Mischief then onto a club....

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Don''t go to Riverside....its like a nice Kazakhstan!

If you want a decent night out with your mates, try the pub crawl starting at the Adam and Eve pub, The Wig and Pen, Glasshouse, Mischief then onto a club....[/quote]Lol!if you want woman and alcohol then riverside is your answer [:P]

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

Is Scamps still the place to be seen?

[/quote]

I used to go there in my younger days so you must be over 45 [:)]

[quote user="NCFC-47"][quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]Don''t go to Riverside....its like a nice Kazakhstan! If you want a decent night out with your mates, try the pub crawl starting at the Adam and Eve pub, The Wig and Pen, Glasshouse, Mischief then onto a club....[/quote]

Lol!

if you want woman and alcohol then riverside is your answer [:P]
[/quote]

Good women and alcohol don''t mix, unless they are called Olive or Cherry.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m not at liberty to say CA but Mrs Muzinic and I, who spent many a happy liason there, would easily top even Arthur Whittle''s age between us.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same here, Angel - and Cromwells.Wouldn''t be surprised if I actually gave you one all those moons ago  [;)]

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Same here, Angel - and Cromwells.

Wouldn''t be surprised if I actually gave you one all those moons ago  [;)]
[/quote]

Only one?

OTBC

I miss Boswells, where you could see a good live band every Friday/Saturday.I don''t miss the Alibi, which was like drinking in someone''s front room.A good night for me would be Reindeer > Ten Bells > Arts Centre (if a band are playing) or Waterfront (if not).

[quote user="ur just a man in a jacket"]The Castle is the best away pub.[/quote]A great selection of ales, great atmosphere, and above all very cheap. I think the castle should be your first stop aswell [Y]

[quote user="El Choppo"]I miss Boswells, where you could see a good live band every Friday/Saturday.I don''t miss the Alibi, which was like drinking in someone''s front room.A good night for me would be Reindeer > Ten Bells > Arts Centre (if a band are playing) or Waterfront (if not).[/quote]Thumbs up to Ten Bells. The Birdcage is a nice boozer too.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Remeber Pennies then Angel ?

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Tudor Hall or Pennies after a skinful in The Plasterers. Followed by  half a raw cow wrapped in tinfoil at Zaks on the cattlemarket[/quote]

Oh yes , that was my youth [:)]

Yeh, no need to look any further.Very very friendly place and if your a half decent looking man, you get served straight away.Toilets are abit iffy though

[quote user="cosmos67"]Riverside if u want totty and the beers ok and if its music u want then thats the place for ya both [;)][/quote]if theres any bars actually left on riverside by then...as for music, unless you are going to busk you wont find any on Riverside.

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Tudor Hall or Pennies after a skinful in The Plasterers. Followed by  half a raw cow wrapped in tinfoil at Zaks on the cattlemarket[/quote]

Oh yes , that was my youth [:)]

[/quote]

Me too - I once had a very interesting evening with two of the barmaids from The Plasterers! [;)]

[quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Tudor Hall or Pennies after a skinful in The Plasterers. Followed by  half a raw cow wrapped in tinfoil at Zaks on the cattlemarket[/quote]Tudor Hall was also my main haunt and  met my misses there way back in 1984, some great memories of the Tudor Hall and then sitting in the car eating greasy mushrooms at King Beefy on the Old Cattle Market car park in the early hours of the morning before heading off to Arminghall for a good shag on the back seat of my mk3 Cortina. Happy days.

coach and horses,then the lamb,onto the bell ,then woolpack finish of at tudor hall.......oh theve all gone except half a bell/building society lol !

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="Heresyourfathersgun"]Tudor Hall or Pennies after a skinful in The Plasterers. Followed by  half a raw cow wrapped in tinfoil at Zaks on the cattlemarket[/quote]
Tudor Hall was also my main haunt and  met my misses there way back in 1984, some great memories of the Tudor Hall and then sitting in the car eating greasy mushrooms at King Beefy on the Old Cattle Market car park in the early hours of the morning before heading off to Arminghall for a good shag on the back seat of my mk3 Cortina. Happy days.
[/quote]

If you had had a Mk 2 Cortina you could have done it on the front seat.

OTBC