Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

QPR good enough to win the League???

I don''t think so.

We have to be happy with a point in a game that seemed pretty even, but I believe that we are better than them and am left a little disappointed that we didn''t dent their unblotted record book.

How many QPR players would you want to see in our team/our squad?

Maybe about two or three QPR players (Gorkks, Buzsaky and possibly either Mackie or Taarabt) would be capable of improving our squad for me, with none of them being able to guarantee a starting place in our team.

For me QPR''s first defeat is not far away and I think that they aren''t good enough for automatic promotion.

Well done City for a decent point gained, let''s follow it up with 6 points at home during the next week - while hopefully somebody beats this very average QPR team!

Why?

I''m certainly not joking.  QPR for me are not good enough to win the league.

Fairly good result for us, but I think we are far better than them!

so you''re saying ''perhaps tarabaat wouldn''t make our first 11''...just about one of the strangest things i''ve read

I don''t disagree with anything there Smudge, but early days yet. How many times have we seen a team dominate up until Crimbo then fall away after?The thing with QPR though is that they have cash, so can strengthen if required.

well of the highlights ive seen of QPR this season I have to say they''ve been fantastic and I believe they will (if they continue as they have done) win the league comfortable with Warnock at the helm

I think its more of a case of us matching them on the pitch today rather than them playing poor, and I think if we continue as we are we can really expect to do well this season, we''ve got the squad and the management to do it.

Easily the best team in the league and their squad oozes with quality. it was a massive feat for us to match them today and I am confident we will carry on our good form into tuesday night.

[quote user="morty"]I don''t disagree with anything there Smudge, but early days yet. How many times have we seen a team dominate up until Crimbo then fall away after?

The thing with QPR though is that they have cash, so can strengthen if required.
[/quote]

I fully expect them to be this years Leeds of the Championship mate! [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I don''t disagree with anything there Smudge, but early days yet. How many times have we seen a team dominate up until Crimbo then fall away after?The thing with QPR though is that they have cash, so can strengthen if required.[/quote]

[/quote]The difference is though that they will splash the cash. I''m not convinced they will win the league, but they won''t be far away from the top. I expect Cardiff to nosedive after Crimbo as they traditionally do.

I think there are massive differences between QPR so far this season and Leeds at this time last season, mainly the quality of the players, squad and management (even taking into account this is the CCC) not to mention finances as Morty mentions to freshen up the squad a bit in January if needs so.

I would agree that Cardiff are the team likely to fluff it this season, and hope they do!

[quote user="The Lord"]so you''re saying ''perhaps tarabaat wouldn''t make our first 11''...just about one of the strangest things i''ve read[/quote]

He is good enough to make our squad (as I said above), but who would you drop to give him a starting 11 place if he was here?

I am assuming that Lappin would have to be dropped??? [:O]  or maybe he could play at the tip of the diamond?

Let''s not forget that we haven''t yet seen the best of either Surman or Steven Smith.

I do agree that he is probably QPR''s best player though.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="The Lord"]so you''re saying ''perhaps tarabaat wouldn''t make our first 11''...just about one of the strangest things i''ve read[/quote]

He is good enough to make our squad (as I said above), but who would you drop to give him a starting 11 place if he was here?

I am assuming that Lappin would have to be dropped??? [:O]  or maybe he could play at the tip of the diamond?

Let''s not forget that we haven''t yet seen the best of either Surman or Steven Smith.

I do agree that he is probably QPR''s best player though.

[/quote]

Correct I would swap him for Lappin, Lappin a good squad player but nowhere near tarabaat''s quality, think the bloke has 7 assists already, more then anyone in this league which is primarily lappins job to take set-pieces and assist

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I don''t disagree with anything there Smudge, but early days yet. How many times have we seen a team dominate up until Crimbo then fall away after?

The thing with QPR though is that they have cash, so can strengthen if required.
[/quote]

[/quote]

The difference is though that they will splash the cash. I''m not convinced they will win the league, but they won''t be far away from the top. I expect Cardiff to nosedive after Crimbo as they traditionally do.
[/quote]

Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Leigertwood, Tommy Smith, Agyemang, Helguson.

All players who for me are not good enough for a Championship promotion winning team.

Yes they have some good players, but they have a lot of very average ones too.

I think that Cardiff are a far better team and I think that we are too.

Don''t be surprised if QPR do not make the top two is all that I am saying.  I think that we will smash them when they come to Carrow Road! 

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Middlesbrough will win the league easily[/quote]

hahaha that is what the majority on here said at the start of the season wasn''t it??? [:D]

[quote user="Smudger"]

hahaha that is what the majority on here said at the start of the season wasn''t it??? [:D]

[/quote]

Just wait and see.  The team will come together and they will spend in Jan

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The difference is though that they will splash the cash. I''m not convinced they will win the league, but they won''t be far away from the top. I expect Cardiff to nosedive after Crimbo as they traditionally do.
[/quote]

Paddy Kenny, Clint Hill, Shaun Derry, Leigertwood, Tommy Smith, Agyemang, Helguson.

All players who for me are not good enough for a Championship promotion winning team.

Don''t be surprised if QPR do not make the top two is all that I am saying.  I think that we will smash them when they come to Carrow Road! 

[/quote]

You''re not the same ''Smudger'' who used to post on here are you[;)]

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[quote user="morty"]I don''t disagree with anything there Smudge, but early days yet. How many times have we seen a team dominate up until Crimbo then fall away after?The thing with QPR though is that they have cash, so can strengthen if required.[/quote]

[/quote]The difference is though that they will splash the cash. I''m not convinced they will win the league, but they won''t be far away from the top. I expect Cardiff to nosedive after Crimbo as they traditionally do.[/quote]

[/quote]To be honest, I think it is way to early to make any kind of vaguely accurate speculative guess. Literally anything could happen. You say those players aren''t good enough, but all you can do is beat whats in front of you. But quality in a team isn''t the whole picture, on paper, as mentioned above, Middlesboro have one of the best teams in the division.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]1 down already and they look very poor against a not very good Leeds side.No chance of Promo this season IMO

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 down already and they look very poor against a not very good Leeds side.

No chance of Promo this season IMO
[/quote]

I seem to remember we were very poor against a not very good Colchester at home last season[;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]1 down already and they look very poor against a not very good Leeds side.No chance of Promo this season IMO[/quote]

I seem to remember we were very poor against a not very good Colchester at home last season[;)]

[/quote]Not 11 games in we weren''t.[;)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes the very same one and I''m starting to get excited and starting to believe again this season.

I haven''t seen a team that is definitely better than us yet (including the games that we have lost).

With the exception of one or two of the fancied sides to play and obviously a very big week towards the end of November at Carrow Road, things are shaping up nicely.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 down already and they look very poor against a not very good Leeds side.

No chance of Promo this season IMO
[/quote]

[/quote]

Not 11 games in we weren''t.

[;)]
[/quote]

Aye, but we had no real money to spend in Jan and Boro even IF they lose today are only 12 points off second and auto promotion

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes the very same one and I''m starting to get excited and starting to believe again this season.

I haven''t seen a team that is definitely better than us yet (including the games that we have lost).

With the exception of one or two of the fancied sides to play and obviously a very big week towards the end of November at Carrow Road, things are shaping up nicely.

[/quote]

It''s a change in you all for the better Smudge [Y]

It just seems a little bit like Jeckyl and Hyde thats all.  You''ve gone from, anger, moan and criticise at every opportunity to a total contented, ever praising optimist.

I have to agree with you, things are very exciting and other than Donny away we haven''t been outplayed this season.

I must admit I don''t have quite the faith you have yet and a little thought did cross my mind would today be another ''famous Blackburn away'' day.  Delighted obviously it wasn''t, which gives me even more confidence.

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="morty"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

[/quote]1 down already and they look very poor against a not very good Leeds side.No chance of Promo this season IMO[/quote]

[/quote]Not 11 games in we weren''t.[;)][/quote]

Aye, but we had no real money to spend in Jan and Boro even IF they lose today are only 12 points off second and auto promotion

[/quote]Its very early days, and I don''t deny that they have quality, but the longer their poor run continues, the bigger run they have to be put together to get up the table. Every game lost, even at this early stage makes the job so much bigger.Waaaay too early to make any predictions, of any sort, in my opinion.

you don''t always need a great team on paper to win or get promoted though, the year we got promoted 03/04 how many would you have said were good enough on paper? off the top of my head I couldn''t name one...

There''s a few stand out players that are above this level for me (bellamy, taarabat, waghorn, sinclair etc) but it''s the hardworkers and organised players that will get you out of this division (crofts, derry, gorkks, whittingham)

Under Lambert we''re extremely hard to beat which in any division is going to mean more likely then not you''ll be in and around come the end of the season, teams on paper have better squads then us but no team will dominate us

Agree with the OP- if QPR are the best this league has to offer we`ve got little to worry about.  Would have thought that anyone who watched the highlights of lowly Palace ripping them apart would`ve realised they are nothing special.  Very one-dimensional and clearly ran out of ideas when the "pump balls into the box" tactic wasn`t working today.  And therein lies a reason for us to be positive- we can out-football teams like Swansea and Forest, but we can also stand up to hoof-merchants like QPR [:)].