Sign in to follow this  
morty

Football league show.

Just watched our highlights.The commentary and footage seemed to imply that we were lucky to get a point, the commentator when Lappin got booked saying "Another yellow card for Norwich" maybe implying we somehow bullied a little, was this the case people who were there?Was nice to see Claridge being fairly complimentary, I think neutrals really are starting to take us seriously.

Well to be fair, we did get about 5 yellows?

I thought it was an even game, but they had more of the ball/play, although didn''t create many clear cut opportunities. I think we had the best chance, if not the two best in Holt''s two chanecs, one in the first and one in the second (all be it at al angle).

Ward got a booking in the first half which I was convinced wasn''t even a a foul.

We didn''t bully them, just got in their faces. Closed them down, got a foot on everything, and generally irritated them. All that whilst playing some good football when we did get the ball. QPR didn''t like it one bit. I got the impression we''re the only team to dig deep when under pressure then take them on at their own game this season. Excellent away performance.

I watched thr game on a big screen in one of my local pubs and thought we were slightly the better team.As for the yellow cards I can''t remember how many we had but we certainly didn''t bully them.

[quote user="Adam_2010"]Great goal line clearance from Crofts.

As for Lappin, talk about letting them know you''re there![/quote]Yeah, those were both good moments lol!

It does please me how our whole image seems to have changed with the media (apart from their obsession with our celebs), it seems we aren''t "plucky little Norwich who did well to scrape a point" any more, a lot of talk after the highlights was about how we are keeping in touch with the league leaders, saying to me that people see us as possible league winners in waiting, should the early front runners slip up.

Also, Jamie Mackie went in very high on Russell Martin and could''ve seen red, he just got a yellow though. So it wasn''t just us making bad challenges.

[quote user="Yellows"]The ref was just quick to get his book out on us because he gave us a pen and was trying to level things up.[/quote]You think? Looked like a pretty nailed on pen for me, nothing to level up really.

I was there and although we played well I didnt think we deserved to win.

Besides the pen, they had more chances than us although the majority came from set pieces - Taarabt''s corners were dangerous.

Interestingly, a couple of years ago we would have just rolled over 3/4-0 in a game like this which testament to the players and management.

All in all, a good point and the crowd seem to be fairly happy.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellows"]The ref was just quick to get his book out on us because he gave us a pen and was trying to level things up.[/quote]

You think? Looked like a pretty nailed on pen for me, nothing to level up really.
[/quote]

I think it was a pen too. But you know what its like, a pen given to the away side and the ref tries to ''level'' things up by giving the odd free kick and yellow card to the home side.

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

I was there and although we played well I didnt think we deserved to win.

Besides the pen, they had more chances than us although the majority came from set pieces - Taarabt''s corners were dangerous.

Interestingly, a couple of years ago we would have just rolled over 3/4-0 in a game like this which testament to the players and management.

All in all, a good point and the crowd seem to be fairly happy.

[/quote]

Agree.

[quote user="Yellows"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellows"]The ref was just quick to get his book out on us because he gave us a pen and was trying to level things up.[/quote]You think? Looked like a pretty nailed on pen for me, nothing to level up really.[/quote]

I think it was a pen too. But you know what its like, a pen given to the away side and the ref tries to ''level'' things up by giving the odd free kick and yellow card to the home side.

[/quote]Have you listened to the audio on the EDP site (think Pete has posted a link in his thread) of Warnock''s post match interview? He seems to think Holt made a meal of it lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellows"]The ref was just quick to get his book out on us because he gave us a pen and was trying to level things up.[/quote]

You think? Looked like a pretty nailed on pen for me, nothing to level up really.
[/quote]

Even less to level up as we missed it !!  LOL

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Yellows"]The ref was just quick to get his book out on us because he gave us a pen and was trying to level things up.[/quote]You think? Looked like a pretty nailed on pen for me, nothing to level up really.[/quote]IMO if the Ref had followed the letter of the law it should have been a red card as Holt was in a goal scoring position.