Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

What do you think?

Do you think NCFC are we ready to welcome ''Carlos Kickaballs'' and his mercenary mates on board if we get promoted? I doubt it.

But then, I wonder just how Lambert would actually formulate his squad in the Premiership?

Only speculating, but.........we need to think about these things just in case. Shhh...

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"]I think you''re spamming.......[/quote]

No, you and the little gang from the inner circle are trying hard to bully.

And I''m saying boo!

OTBC

[quote user="morty"]This really is cringeworthy.

[/quote]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

The further you climb the more you expose youself.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[quote user="morty"]This really is cringeworthy.[/quote]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

[/quote]I seriously think that you need some kind of professional help.

Do you think NCFC are we ready to welcome ''Carlos Kickaballs'' and his mercenary mates on board if we get promoted? I doubt it.

But then, I wonder just how Lambert would actually formulate his squad in the Premiership?

Only speculating, but.........we need to think about these things just in case. Shhh...

OTBC

[/quote]

I was just wondering how many threads this idiot has started that come from nowhere and end up going nowhere?

[/quote]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

[/quote]

This is what they call a comedy classic.Surely Bly you are looking in the mirror and talking to yourself about yourself and have hidden behind Morty.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

I was just wondering how many threads this idiot has started that come from nowhere and end up going nowhere?

[/quote]

I will answer my own question............5 threads started in the space of 3 hours.Morty is right,professional help is needed.

OTBC

[/quote]

''Carlos Kickaballs'' was the rather derogatory term used by Alan Sugar some years ago when he was chairman of Spurs to describe the somewhat mercenary type of foreign player he felt pressured into financing for his team to be competitive. Read this (and this is 8 years ago):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/2302221.stm

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I will answer my own question............5 threads started in the space of 3 hours.Morty is right,professional help is needed.

[/quote]

Oh do keep up Plod.

Deary me.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh do keep up Plod.

Deary me.

OTBC

[/quote]

Have i missed something then ?

Dreary you.

Well I think you are jumping the gun slightly Bly. We have made a magnificent start but we are only in October and a lot can change. I remember this time last year walking away from Elland Road thinking that it was completely unthinkable we could overtake Leeds but we ended up winning the division by 9 points. But I am surprised you are asking this question Bly. Lambert has shown with his signings this season that he would not go nuts if we went up and he would keep together the nucleus of any successful side.

Some changes were necessary because you always need extra quality when you step up a level. Russell wasn''t fully committed, was sent on his way and has been replaced by Crofts who is the pick of the new signings for me. He signed Jackson who have given us badly needed competition for when either Holt or Martin went off the boil. With Ward and Barnett in central defence we now have one of the most athletic and mobile central defensive pairings I can remember in years. In time I think Surman will also provide extra quality that Lappin sometimes lacks particularly in front of goal. 

These changes were necessary but you still have a core of players like Russell Martin, Chris Martin, Korey Smith, Simon Lappin, Wes Hoolahan, Grant Holt and Chris Martin who will play a lot of games this season who were key components of the side who got us promoted. So if we somehow went up a level again I would expect Lambert to do much the same and keep to together the vast majority of the side with a few shrewd additions

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

''Carlos Kickaballs'' was the rather derogatory term used by Alan Sugar some years ago when he was chairman of Spurs to describe the somewhat mercenary type of foreign player he felt pressured into financing for his team to be competitive. Read this (and this is 8 years ago):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/eng_prem/2302221.stm

OTBC

[/quote]So, to recap.This is a vaguely xenophobic swipe at foreign football players and it is actually more about Spurs than Norwich?

[quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

[/quote]I seriously think that you need some kind of professional help.[/quote]

Ha ha ha, that''s rich coming from the troll meister Morty !

[quote user="Bogbrush57"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

Ha ha ha, that''s rich coming from the troll meister Morty ![/quote]Take your petty morty grudge and shove it in your ricker mate, it always seems to be YOU seeking me out. And you clearly have no concept of what a troll is either.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bogbrush57"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

[/quote]

I seriously think that you need some kind of professional help.
[/quote] Ha ha ha, that''s rich coming from the troll meister Morty ![/quote]

Take your petty morty grudge and shove it in your ricker mate, it always seems to be YOU seeking me out. And you clearly have no concept of what a troll is either.
[/quote]

I, erm, ah..I..... No! I am saying nothing! Only teasing fella!

I don''t really see why this thread has attracted such criticism to be honest. The rather petty vendetta that certain posters have against the OP really does not cast them in a particularly good light. The only ''trolling'' being done on this thread is coming from other posters rather than Bly.

Having said that the Carlos Kickaball stereotype is slightly dated and perhaps doesn''t really apply to foreign footballers any more, if it ever truly did. I don''t think the nationality of the players we could sign if promoted really makes much of a difference but it is important to ensure they fit in with the mentality of the group. The squad seems united at the moment and you don''t need bad apples upsetting that unity, be they British of foreign.

The first thing we should do if promoted is to spend as much as we can possibly afford on purchasing a striker of genuine quality who will get  between 15-20 League goals a season. We have a manager in charge who looks to win every game so he will need the firepower to help him try and do that. It''s early days but Blackpool and West Brom are showing what taking this kind of attitude can do for promoted clubs. Burnley tried similar tactics last year and were doing pretty well until their manager jumped ship. Not taking your chances and drawing too many games will get you relegated.

If it is only ''bogbrush'' Morty - what does that tell you?

Must be another alias for BBB me thinks.

I agree with you on the Bly-baiting Shack.  If we start knocking people simply for starting threads, then we''ll get to the point where people won''t want to start threads.  Bly does talk some nonsense, but his threads can prove to be a useful catalyst for discussion on here - e.g. the central defender isn''t the most creative player of the lot, but if he can get the ball to a midfield general like Shack, then all well and good.[quote]The first thing we should do if promoted is to spend as much as we can

possibly afford on purchasing a striker of genuine quality who will get 

between 15-20 League goals a season.[/quote]I doubt that even a years'' sky money could afford such a trinket these days.  Here are last seasons'' top scorers :

1 Côte d''Ivoire Didier Drogba Chelsea 29
2 England Wayne Rooney Manchester United 26
3 England Darren Bent Sunderland 24
4 Argentina Carlos Tévez Manchester City 23
5 England Frank Lampard Chelsea 22
6 England Jermain Defoe Tottenham Hotspur 18
7 Spain Fernando Torres Liverpool 18
8 Spain Cesc Fàbregas Arsenal 15
9 Togo Emmanuel Adebayor Manchester City 14
10 England Gabriel Agbonlahor Aston Villa 13
How many of them could you get for under 15 million ?  I''d argue that all of them are not actually for sale from their current clubs.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Bogbrush57"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

Ha ha ha, that''s rich coming from the troll meister Morty ![/quote]Take your petty morty grudge and shove it in your ricker mate, it always seems to be YOU seeking me out. And you clearly have no concept of what a troll is either.[/quote]Now then girls, my old mum always says if you''ve got nothing good to say, then say nothing.

And you wouldn''t want to upset any more old ladies than you already have, would you ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Bogbrush57"][quote user="morty"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

To you perhaps.

But go on. Keep trying.

And it isn''t pretty.

OTBC

Ha ha ha, that''s rich coming from the troll meister Morty ![/quote]Take your petty morty grudge and shove it in your ricker mate, it always seems to be YOU seeking me out. And you clearly have no concept of what a troll is either.[/quote]Now then girls, my old mum always says if you''ve got nothing good to say, then say nothing.

And you wouldn''t want to upset any more old ladies than you already have, would you ?[/quote]Thats not my policy.[;)]