Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Warnock Warnock you’re a ,

[quote user="dhickl"]

Also:

"2006: March 22 - Warnock charged with improper conduct after making gesture at Norwich City bench following 2-1 defeat at Carrow Road."

[/quote]

This was brilliant! One of the funniest things ever. Worthy refused to shake his hand so he pulled a disgusted face and flicked the ''v''s at him!

I think this was the Sheff Utd game where Billy Sharp had a late equaliser disallowed and got loads of stick from the Barclay after celebrating in front of them.

Or is my memory failing?

Have always liked Warnock, quality manager in the Chump and say''s it like it is. He winds people up and loves being hated. Hope he is moaning like hell about us on Saturday though.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"][quote user="dhickl"]

Also:

"2006: March 22 - Warnock charged with improper conduct after making gesture at Norwich City bench following 2-1 defeat at Carrow Road."

[/quote]

This was brilliant! One of the funniest things ever. Worthy refused to shake his hand so he pulled a disgusted face and flicked the ''v''s at him!

I think this was the Sheff Utd game where Billy Sharp had a late equaliser disallowed and got loads of stick from the Barclay after celebrating in front of them.

Or is my memory failing?

[/quote]I''m afraid it''s that.I think Worthy had left long before Billy Sharp had even arrived for his second spell at the Blades. I think the occasion you''re speaking of is when we won 1-0 under Roeder in his first season with us, as opposed to his 1-0 win again the next season after a Lee Croft goal.

All this bull about ''Norwich City will fly high this season''

He hates our club and he hates our fans, he''s a horrible northerner who has fallen on his feet at QPR.

That''s how Warnock operates he thinks coming out with these sorts of comments will give his team the upperhand.

I WOULD LOVE IT IF WE BEAT THEM TOMORROW, LOVE IT

Yes, but it''s probably true - I expect we will be QPR''s most difficult opponents to date, and I think we will fly higher than most people thought before the season started.I have no strong feelings either way about Warnock. He is not the only manager to indulge in "mind-games" before a big match, and his overall managerial record at this level is good, so he must be doing something right.

How do you know he''s not telling the truth?

And that is like the worst mind games ever, because if we are going to be flying high, we have to beat the big teams like QPR, so by saying we are going to be flying high, he knows we might beat them, so he''s actually a scared little baby...

He''s setting expectations, that''s all, you know, in case we beat them.  Of course, he''ll be having a quiet word with his players to ensure we don''t win - he can use our "quality" as an excuse to tell his players to be that extra bit more "competitive" than usual, can''t he ?He''s a bad loser.  Winners generally are, and at this level, that''s what he has been.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]Can''t stand the bloke. Obviously I don''t know him personally but he just constantly moans about everything.Every time his team loses its someone else''s fault, anyone but his.[/quote]

You must have a lot to say about: Arsene Weger and Alex Ferguson (can''t bring myself to call him ''Sir'')! How many times have you ever heard a manager actually say "you are completely right, I picked the wrong team and I was tactically niaive"? Warnock does what good managers do - he protects players from unwarrented scrutiny by playing midgames and making himself to be the figure of hate. Judging by the comments on here; he''s bloody good at it.... I''d have him here tomorrow if PL left.

My spidey senses are rarely wrong, so if he looks like a slime ball talks like a slime ball acts like a slime ball and the slipper fits..........slap him.

Twitchy, spot on!

From my limited exposure to Warnock over the last 4 or 5 years, he comes across as a very unlikeable pri ck.

I would not want him as our mgr but he''d be worth watching if he was managing a nasty heel pro wrestler.

[quote user="Drazen Muzinic"]I think this was the Sheff Utd game where Billy Sharp had a late equaliser disallowed and got loads of stick from the Barclay after celebrating in front of them.

Or is my memory failing?

[/quote]Your memory is failing.  That particular game we won 1-0 and was played a couple of seasons later when they were under the ''guidance'' of Bryan Robson (snigger).

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Schizophrenic? Born again Christian ?

Surprisingly complementary interview and even funny, very unexpected.

What’s happened to you Neil?.

Are you trying to win over the 3200 city fans invading Loftus road Saturday or is this preparation for loosing your unbeaten record.

[/quote]

No great change. Warnock has always been an interesting interviewee, and I''ve never understood the antagonism towards him. Anyway, the best bit of the interview is this:

Warnock said: “In general I enjoy Norwich. I nearly took over once. I wasn’t offered it. I had the interview but obviously I wasn’t good enough. It was funny. I remember one of the old guys on the board asking me, ‘Do you think your style of football would go down well with the Norwich fans?’ and I just took a deep breath, looked around the table and said, ‘What do you mean, winning? Yeah, I think they’d enjoy winning games.'' I thought there and then, ‘Well, I haven’t got the job this time’. They didn’t ring me back.”

I wonder who the "old guy" was...

[/quote]

I wonder who got the job instead . . .

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Twitchy, spot on!

From my limited exposure to Warnock over the last 4 or 5 years, he comes across as a very unlikeable pri ck.

I would not want him as our mgr but he''d be worth watching if he was managing a nasty heel pro wrestler.[/quote]You could team him up with William Regal.