Sign in to follow this  
CharlieFarlie

Warnock Warnock you’re a ,

Schizophrenic? Born again Christian ?

Surprisingly complementary interview and even funny, very unexpected.

What’s happened to you Neil?.

Are you trying to win over the 3200 city fans invading Loftus road Saturday or is this preparation for loosing your unbeaten record.

Used to hate him, but warming to him to be honest.If we didn''t have Lambo I''d have Warnock as our manager.

I thought he was a tit for years, but spoke to him a few times and he''s a decent bloke, think he does it just to wind people up, every player i''ve come across who''s played for him say he''s a top man!

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

Are you trying to win over the 3200 city fans invading Loftus road Saturday or is this preparation for loosing your unbeaten record.

[/quote]

No great change. Warnock has always been an interesting interviewee, and I''ve never understood the antagonism towards him. Anyway, the best bit of the interview is this:

Warnock said: “In general I enjoy Norwich. I nearly took over once. I

wasn’t offered it. I had the interview but obviously I wasn’t good

enough. It was funny. I remember one of the old guys on the board

asking me, ‘Do you think your style of football would go down well with

the Norwich fans?’ and I just took a deep breath, looked around the

table and said, ‘What do you mean, winning? Yeah, I think they’d enjoy

winning games.'' I thought there and then, ‘Well, I haven’t got the job this time’. They didn’t ring me back.”

I wonder who the "old guy" was...

colin is always decent until he loses.. he has tried being a media "darling" over the years hence the length of time he was on ITV''s highlights every week.Warnock is a gobshyte.

He seems like someone who everyone loves to hate but would love in charge of their team.

Just imagine if he managed a team of players that you loved to hate: people like Robbie Savage, Dean Windass.

They would all wear their heart on their sleeve.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

No great change. Warnock has always been an interesting interviewee, and I''ve never understood the antagonism towards him. Anyway, the best bit of the interview is this:

Warnock said: “In general I enjoy Norwich. I nearly took over once. I wasn’t offered it. I had the interview but obviously I wasn’t good enough. It was funny. I remember one of the old guys on the board asking me, ‘Do you think your style of football would go down well with the Norwich fans?’ and I just took a deep breath, looked around the table and said, ‘What do you mean, winning? Yeah, I think they’d enjoy winning games.'' I thought there and then, ‘Well, I haven’t got the job this time’. They didn’t ring me back.”

I wonder who the "old guy" was...

[/quote]

Delia [;)]?

[quote user="morty"]Used to hate him, but warming to him to be honest.

If we didn''t have Lambo I''d have Warnock as our manager.
[/quote]

Same hear Morty,

I thought it was a great interview , seems a nice chap judging by that interview.

Yes, its good to hear Darren''s comments, but I still think he''s a tosser!

He says '''' Warnock said: “In general I enjoy Norwich. I nearly took over once. I wasn''t offered it. I had the interview but obviously I wasn''t good enough.

“It was funny. I remember one of the old guys on the board asking me, ''Do you think your style of football would go down well with the Norwich fans?'' and I just took a deep breath, looked around the table and said, ''What do you mean, winning? Yeah, I think they''d enjoy winning games.

“I thought there and then, ''Well, I haven''t got the job this time''. They didn''t ring me back.”

Say what you like about him but he''s one of the real characters of football and I for one am a fan of his ( other than on Sat of course )

I''ve always thought him to be a bit of a legend, surely it''s his persona that he has cultivated for football and dealing with the press. By acting up as the public figure of hate, does this help his players to operate with a bit more freedom as he takes a bit of  the heat off them?

I once read that he has a small-holding in Devon, keeps rare breed animals and pisses about on a 1950''s Massey Ferguson, in the holidays - the polar opposite of the image he portrays at football!

I''m a Warnock fan, he''s one of the great characters in football and I hope they have a good season, just not as good as ours [:)]

I like Warnock. He comes across as a "tit" sometimes but he can be entertaining.

As CA said he''s a real character and in this day and age of media saturation most of the things managers voice are anodyne clichés.

Davo

Wow wonder what would have happened had we offered him the job rather than Rioch. Not too sure about Warnocks managerial credentials back in 1998, but he certainly has proven himself over time.

Can''t stand the bloke. Obviously I don''t know him personally but he just constantly moans about everything.Every time his team loses its someone else''s fault, anyone but his.

[quote user="cityangel"]

He says '''' Warnock said: “In general I enjoy Norwich. I nearly took over once. I wasn''t offered it. I had the interview but obviously I wasn''t good enough.“It was funny. I remember one of the old guys on the board asking me, ''Do you think your style of football would go down well with the Norwich fans?'' and I just took a deep breath, looked around the table and said, ''What do you mean, winning? Yeah, I think they''d enjoy winning games.“I thought there and then, ''Well, I haven''t got the job this time''. They didn''t ring me back.”

Say what you like about him but he''s one of the real characters of football and I for one am a fan of his ( other than on Sat of course )

[/quote]

More''s the pity.  I doubt we''d ever have gone down to Division Three if he''d be around.

[quote user="Canariesworld"]Can''t stand the bloke. Obviously I don''t know him personally but he just constantly moans about everything.Every time his team loses its someone else''s fault, anyone but his.[/quote]He is nice enough when he is away from the club that he''s managing, but the problem that a lot of people (including myself) have with him is that he is the most unsporting manager - encourages his players to foul/dive if it will give them an advantage, slags off the referees, other managers and other team''s players, but won''t have a word said against his players even if they have just dived.

Some of the other things that he has been charged by the FA for:

Getting his assistant to ''spy'' on the opposing team''s half time talk

Encourage referees to send off opposing players

Ask his players to get sent off or feign injury to get a game abandoned (it worked: "the Football Association issue six charges relating to incidents during the Sheffield United match against West Brom. Warnock charged with improper conduct after the game is abandoned with the Blades reduced to six men and West Brom leading 3-0 in ’the Battle of Bramall Lane’." http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/football_league/article2637525.ece)

After watching him managing teams that are generally in the same league we have been over the last decade or more, i''ve concluded that he''s a really good guy.

BUT, that for 100 minutes (post match interview included) every Saturday he turns in to a total and utter tosspot!

Also:

"2006: March 22 - Warnock charged with improper conduct after making gesture at Norwich City bench following 2-1 defeat at Carrow Road."