Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Loftus Road

The football was good yesterday, well worth the trip.Just wanted to turn attentions to the actual ground. What did people think of it?I thought it was a nice little ground, the fans were close to the pitch (I sat on row a of the lower tier). The atmosphere we and the QPR fans generated was because of that.Would go back again. Your thoughts? OTBC

I was five rows from the front of the upper tier towards the right (block Y6). Really good being so close to the action and had some good banter with the block of QPR fans nearest in the side stand (particularly when they all went up celebrating a QPR header that actually looped over the bar...hilarious)

Problems were the utter lack of leg room (I''m hardly tall but I couldn''t have sat down even if I''d wanted to) and the narrow concourse at the back which seemed unable to cope with the numbers.

Wasn''t that impressed with the atmosphere from the home fans - for a sell out in a ground that should keep the noise in with them top of the league it wasn''t exactly rocking.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/forums/2298787/ShowPost.aspx[/quote]Hadnt actually seen that [:$]Sorry :([/quote]Lol, np.Just a caution this time, next offence and Tilly will bang you up.

The home fans nearest us (Y2, left side of the upper tier) were very quiet. Indeed one bloke near me was getting more and more agitated during the second half that his baiting of the home fans was getting no response. The highlight was undoubtedly the guy in the front row of their upper tier (with the Moroccan flag and sombrero) dropping his vuvuzela on the roof in front, managing to pick it up, then attempting to taunt us by blowing it only for a high-pitched squeal to come out. [:D]

[quote user="Northluck C."]The home fans nearest us (Y2, left side of the upper tier) were very quiet. Indeed one bloke near me was getting more and more agitated during the second half that his baiting of the home fans was getting no response. The highlight was undoubtedly the guy in the front row of their upper tier (with the Moroccan flag and sombrero) dropping his vuvuzela on the roof in front, managing to pick it up, then attempting to taunt us by blowing it only for a high-pitched squeal to come out. [:D][/quote]That was a Moroccan flag? LOL, the guy in the hat looked like a massive tool.

[quote user="CT"]The football was good yesterday, well worth the trip.

Just wanted to turn attentions to the actual ground. What did people think of it?

I thought it was a nice little ground, the fans were close to the pitch (I sat on row a of the lower tier). The atmosphere we and the QPR fans generated was because of that.

Would go back again.

Your thoughts? OTBC
[/quote]

Have I stumbled onto a holiday review on TripAdvisor ?!, what do you mean ''would go back again''??. This is football, you don''t get to pick and choose where and when you go?, if it''s on the fixture list , that''s where your headed !?.

[quote user="Northluck C."]The home fans nearest us (Y2, left side of the upper tier) were very quiet. Indeed one bloke near me was getting more and more agitated during the second half that his baiting of the home fans was getting no response. The highlight was undoubtedly the guy in the front row of their upper tier (with the Moroccan flag and sombrero) dropping his vuvuzela on the roof in front, managing to pick it up, then attempting to taunt us by blowing it only for a high-pitched squeal to come out. [:D]
[/quote]

I remember him from the last time i went.Chatting to a QPR mate and he is a bit of a legend (or tw@ from our view)[Y]

I didn''t go yesterday but went a few years ago when we drew 3-3.

I am hoping its been refurbed because the only problem with it was it needed modernising.

For that game I was lucky enough to be in the front row of the lower tier and literally able to hear the keeper every time he sighed!

Never had any problems with hoops fans, lived in the area for a while and the people on the whole were very honest and approachable and just seem to enjoy being in the company of other football fans.

Got crushed at half time. It''s a funny way to get to the upper tier as you have to go round an estate to get to it :S. Nice little ground though.

I was first row of the upper tier in block y6, and thought the stadium was good, compact and close to the pitch. It has the potential for a real good atmosphere.

But as has been said the leg room was poor and being crushed trying to get out after the game wasn''t so ideal.

I couldn''t get a ticket for the Norwich end because I had to make a late decision on the game. So I went in the home section nearest the Norwich fans with a friend from QPR. The ground is great in that it is compact, everyone is allowed to stand and the noise is kept in. But the ground itself is actually chaos and the facilities are terrible. Everyone just stood where they wanted in the home bit so there was actually quite a bit of dangerous overcrowding in certain areas and it took about 25 minutes to get out of the ground as a result.

Thought the Norwich fans were excellent and were the loudest section of the ground by a country mile. This isn''t me being biased, all the QPR fans around me commented how quiet they were in comparison. Only downside to the travelling support was the bloke in that ridiculous morph/lyrca suit. He was just an attention seeking idiot to be honest.

[quote user="Sheffield uni Canary"]I was first row of the upper tier in block y6, and thought the stadium was good, compact and close to the pitch. It has the potential for a real good atmosphere.

But as has been said the leg room was poor and being crushed trying to get out after the game wasn''t so ideal.[/quote]I was in Y6 too, second row back.  Got crushed in unpleasant fashion at half time and took so long to get out after the game.  The seats look like they''ve been nicked from a local primary school.  Also I can''t believe how far you have to walk to get to the upper tier entrance, it''s surprisingly far from the lower tier entrance.  Apart from that it was alright.

I had to stand for the 90 minutes, not that I''m complaining however the poor little lad behind me was, but I''m 6 ft 7 and the leg room would have meant the giving the guy infront an unconventional shoulder massage. It''s a bit of a hole, but it is very compact and I appreciate that, being so close to the pitch is a huge plus, the views were good (Upper tier, Y6). The concourse at half time and full time took a while for everyone to filter out, but I do quite like the ground.