Sign in to follow this  
Brendo

Leon Barnett

I actually love this guy! I think he is a brilliant defenders, and he''s still young. Not kidding, possibly the best player I''ve ever seen in the year. Not sure I''ve ever seen him not win a header he''s jumped for. [Y] He''s insane!

[8]Sign him up!

Also, our defence away is sickeningly good!

Scunny 1-0
Preston 1-0
QPR 0-0
Forest 1-1
= 1 goal conceded away from home in 4 games.

Donny 3-1 but that was a different formation and they got a deflection, so pure luck basically. [;)]

Hats off to Lambo though, for getting us to play so well away from home consistently. Thank you sir, you have made away days for me muchly brilliant. [:)]

There were plenty of people saying that he should not have been brought in and Askou should have played. Barnett is class and proven at Championship level. Would think Lambert would risk a lot of his budget on him.  

One thing I would caution (accepting all the other accurate comments about his undoubted ability) is his habit of trying to get the ball when it is out of play.

He got lucky against Leics getting the Leics player sent off but was booked today for trying to kick the ball away.

Bookings for ''enthusiastic'' play yes'' ''gamesmanship'' no.

I know it''s harsh, but much like the injury to Zema is our promotion season which led to the final push for the loan signings, I think the injury to Nelson might turn out to be a key point for us too, because of the replacement it brought in...

I just think Barnett gives us that extra mobility at the back, not quite as wooden.

Totally agree we should get him permanently. It''s a long time since I remember us having a strong, resolute CB who was also atheltic and mobile. Even when he has tricky strikers facing him you get the impression he has a fair chance of nicking the ball. And, best of all he seems to care where the ball is distributed to. In fact I thought Ward played pretty well too.

Thought Crofts was a powerhouse today.

Looks like Jacko is getting better and his speed causes problems. Needs to tighten up his control a touch, but overall promising.

[quote user="Herman "]Barnett was cracking today.Just don''t let him get too far forward[:P][/quote]

I did have a chuckle when he had his ''crazy legs crane'' dribbling moment - towards the end of the game.

Yeah, I do like young Barnett.....If he''s keen to remain a Canary, I think we should consider coming to an arrangement with his employers.... 

I`d also love to see him signed up, the thing is the board already backed Lambert significantly in the summer and we haven`t sold anyone for a season and a half.  With our financial position there`s only so far the board can push it and i have a feeling that keeping the current crop together (ie. turning down bids in Jan.) may be the best we can hope for.

Also reckon the board were banking on bigger crowds at the higher prices bringing in a few £100k more, so those moaning and whinging about having to pay a couple of quid extra for a better product on the pitch should, perhaps, have a think.....

If there''s any chance of a play off place or better in January we can''t afford not to sign Barnett and I''m sure Mcnally will see it the same way, in fact I''m sure there will have been some money set aside to spend in January if Lambert needed it. The only way we''ll ever get this club back on an even keel is either getting promoted or a new owner coming in, the former takes money to push you over the line and the latter sadly looks a forlorn hope at the moment.

[quote user="City1st"]One thing I would caution (accepting all the other accurate comments about his undoubted ability) is his habit of trying to get the ball when it is out of play. He got lucky against Leics getting the Leics player sent off but was booked today for trying to kick the ball away. Bookings for ''enthusiastic'' play yes'' ''gamesmanship'' no.[/quote]

Good point.I don''t know why he did that yesterday.Completely pointless,and he nearly got chinned as well[^o)]

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="Herman "]Barnett was cracking today.Just don''t let him get too far forward[:P][/quote]

I did have a chuckle when he had his ''crazy legs crane'' dribbling moment - towards the end of the game.

Yeah, I do like young Barnett.....If he''s keen to remain a Canary, I think we should consider coming to an arrangement with his employers.... 

[/quote]

[:D]It reminded me of myself as a kid.Getting too far forward and then panicing.A ''nosebleed'' moment i think it''s called.

[quote user="Herman "]Barnett was cracking today.Just don''t let him get too far forward[:P][/quote]I thought it was a particularly good Lee Croft impression myself...

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[/quote]I agree.Hopefully an arrangement was already made before he came on loan.

Hopefully we should have a decent chance of signing him. West Brom are doing well, so they might not need him, and (as his contract is out in the summer, I believe) we might be able to get him fairly cheaply. £300k maybe? Actually, I have no idea how much, but I''d be a very happy man if we can get him for longer. [:)]

I would love us to sign him too... but any idea how much he would cost? I get the impression that the playing budget has already been squeezed to it''s max.

I would imagine we''d get him for around 300k as he''s out of contract at the end of the season or maybe we could extend his loan until the end of the seaon and buy him in the summer.

[quote user="kdncfc"]I would imagine we''d get him for around 300k as he''s out of contract at the end of the season or maybe we could extend his loan until the end of the seaon and buy him in the summer.
[/quote]  i think it all depends on whitbread. if he gets fit and performs well, i can see us not signing barrett, unless askou or nelson move on.

Doncaster was a one off. A combination of dodgy tactics/team selection and two wonder goals. I doubt Doncaster would score one like that let alone two in the remainder of the season.

[quote user="Kathy"]Doncaster was a one off. A combination of dodgy tactics/team selection and two wonder goals. I doubt Doncaster would score one like that let alone two in the remainder of the season.[/quote]2 wonder goals? I wouldn''t class a defensive mix up, or a heavily deflected free kick as a wonder goal [:|]

I agree hes been excellent since he arrived, hope we can afford to buy him in January.

I fear West Brom might be looking for a good fee for him and that would price us out of any move unless we had something/somebody going the other way.

We''ll get him cut price right? As he''s out of contract next summer if I''m not mistaken. However if he is moving on the cheap he will be popular amongst Championship teams, I''d hazard a guess QPR might sniff around? Big time charlies at the moment, want to snap up decent talent. Specially as their centre halfs didn''t seem too solid, might just be me though.