Sign in to follow this  
Herman

City Fans and QPR

As it was my first away game for a long time i would just like to say a big well done to everyone that went.Great atmosphere,singing throughout and good banter.

Cheers to QPR.Good stadium,not overly priced and the security were helpful,not overly officious and let us stand for the whole game.They also had a smoking area which was a bonus.

I am surprised nobody got crushed to death at half-time in the upper tier.  There is absolutely no room in there whatsoever.  Not helped by the stewards standing in the way for no good reason other than to block the way even more for everybody.  Oh and I got beer spilt on me as well which left me with some explaining to do later on [;)]

Decent stewards for a change and met a friendly bunch of QPR fans on the train home to Northampton, overall a good club and nice people!

There were some jolly articulate (and surprisingly intelligent) QPR fan chaps who were ''with lager shandy in hand'' stood outside the Springbok, who politely and cheerfully (but somewhat vociferously) bade us a heartfelt farewell and a safe transit homeward - as we passed and made our way to White City underground station....

Quite touching.....

[quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

Good stadium? Are you serious?

Lucky we were allowed to stand for the game because sitting down was painful!

[/quote]

Yeah....when I sat down, my knees kept my ears warm...

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We stood up for the entire game in the Lower Tier, and without aggravation from any stewards whatsoever. It was well worth paying a fiver less.... LOL

[quote user="paul moy"][quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We stood up for the entire game in the Lower Tier, and without aggravation from any stewards whatsoever. It was well worth paying a fiver less.... LOL

[/quote]

[Y]They only interfered once,but that was only because someone was a bit over-excitable.

A good day was had by all except of course Hooly.

My only slight irritation was the City fan behind me in the Lower tier who when excited shouted in a Dalek inspited way. His commentary on the phone to a friend not at the game was "challenging" and not of the usual Motty BBC standard though his enthusiasm could not be faulted.

My retorts of "Exterminate" and "Where''s the Doctor" did not provoke a reply.

Here is a little clip of what i had hoped to be fans celebrating a goal. Thats life.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkt4NqT4Tk

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Road to Nowhere"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mello, you''re used to having your ears warmed by your lower parts. [:D]

Well, someone had to say it.

I agree with you Paul, my first visit to Loftus Road and was in lower tier block T3 .No agro from stewards for standing,mister baldie in the Snakepit could take hint.Will go back to QPR again.

[quote user="Bigfoot"]A good day was had by all except of course Hooly.

My only slight irritation was the City fan behind me in the Lower tier who when excited shouted in a Dalek inspited way. His commentary on the phone to a friend not at the game was "challenging" and not of the usual Motty BBC standard though his enthusiasm could not be faulted.

My retorts of "Exterminate" and "Where''s the Doctor" did not provoke a reply.

Here is a little clip of what i had hoped to be fans celebrating a goal. Thats life.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUkt4NqT4Tk[/quote]Loved Johnnie Richardson''s expression throughout that sequence… fists pumped, ready to celebrate, then hand to forehead. Lovely!

Talk about relaxed stewards.. There was a bloke in front of me necking carlsberg lager straight from the bottle during the second half. Not even trying to hide it and he was sat on the end of the row.