Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Should we replace Grant Holt with a giant inflatable pig like the one in Pink Floyd's "The Wall"?

I mean, I really love Grant Holt, he''s a city legend and was my all time favourite player for a couple of months last season, but this year he''s only scored four goals and spends most of his time running down the wings instead of getting in the box where he might score goals.  As he is a striker, he should be always trying to score goals and not fannying around pulling wide and dropping deep, I mean he''s not exactly Wayne Rooney now is he?  At least he''s not lazy like Chris Martin, but my point is really if he doesn''t score soon then should we drop him for a giant inflatable pig which might float around and confuse defenders?

For me, it depends whether the pig has been stitched together in Britain, or whether it is tainted with the tiny bloodstained hands of third world slave labour.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I mean, I really love Grant Holt, he''s a city legend and was my all time favourite player for a couple of months last season, but this year he''s only scored four goals and spends most of his time running down the wings instead of getting in the box where he might score goals.  As he is a striker, he should be always trying to score goals and not fannying around pulling wide and dropping deep, I mean he''s not exactly Wayne Rooney now is he?  At least he''s not lazy like Chris Martin, but my point is really if he doesn''t score soon then should we drop him for a giant inflatable pig which might float around and confuse defenders?

[/quote]

Well Chopsy, below is Paul Lambert''s opinion after yesterday..................

Norwich boss Paul Lambert was equally upbeat about his side’s ­performance and singled out Grant Holt – who had an early shot kept out courtesy of Paddy Kenny’s one-handed save – for praise.

Lambert said: “I felt we were ­excellent, I really did, and we were ­unlucky not to win. Holt is an old-­fashioned No.9. He is almost ­unplayable when he is like that.

“To call him that is not a derogative statement. He is a brilliant centre-forward. The goalkeeper made a really good save and if that had gone in, I think we would have gone on to win. We always looked as if we could score and we drove on until the end.

“The players have a terrific desire not to get beaten. I couldn’t have asked for any more from them.”

“Wes Hoolahan’s performances for me have been top class and he’s scored his two previous penalties.

“He’ll bounce back. I won’t have a problem with him taking the next one if he wants to.

OTBC

[quote user="Big Slob"]You''ve well and truely "merked" city angel
[/quote]

Yes, next time I start a thread I''ll check with Mr Chops first, so I don''t run the risk of him ridiculing me [:@]

......not sure if you noticed but Holty won the penalty which could have given us all 3 points.

Thought he played well and was a real handful.

[quote user="jammis"]Please god let this be tainted with sarcasam[/quote]

[*-)]

[quote user="Paul Lamberts Disciple"]Yet another dose of excruciatingly weak sarcasm from Mr Chops, this time needlessly & ham-fistedly "sending up" a perfectly legitimate earlier post by City Angel.[/quote]

Every message board has their precious little keyboard solider - step forward El Choppo!

[quote user="morty"]Why the Chops bashing?He''s probably the funniest guy who posts here.

[/quote]

I would question your humour Morty if you think Old chopsy boy is the funniest guy who posts on here, there are funnier posters.