Sign in to follow this  
Minster Canary

The next 8 games will shape our season

Just had a look at the fixture list, our next eight games see us playing at Carrow Road five times, which obviously is to our advantage. However, such is the difficulty of these game that I can only see us picking up 10 points in total from these 8 games. I know we are third, and we''re playing some cracking football, and I suppose my prediction is based on the Norwich of the past, not Lambo-era - but I think this could be one of the tougher run of games this season.

So my predictions are as follows:

Crystal Palace (H) WIN

Middlesbrough (H) DRAW

Cardiff (A) LOSE

Burnley (H) DRAW

Millwall (A) LOSE

Reading (A) DRAW

Leeds (H) WIN

Ipswich (H) DRAW

Anyone have a different opinion? I''m interested to know what the general consensus is, because looking at that I really feel as if I should have more faith given our start to the season!

[quote user="Mushroom"]

Just had a look at the fixture list, our next eight games see us playing at Carrow Road five times, which obviously is to our advantage. However, such is the difficulty of these game that I can only see us picking up 10 points in total from these 8 games. I know we are third, and we''re playing some cracking football, and I suppose my prediction is based on the Norwich of the past, not Lambo-era - but I think this could be one of the tougher run of games this season.

So my predictions are as follows:

Crystal Palace (H) WIN

Middlesbrough (H) DRAW

Cardiff (A) LOSE

Burnley (H) DRAW

Millwall (A) LOSE

Reading (A) DRAW

Leeds (H) WIN

Ipswich (H) DRAW

Anyone have a different opinion? I''m interested to know what the general consensus is, because looking at that I really feel as if I should have more faith given our start to the season!

[/quote]

seems we are on sky vs reading we will probaly loose i think we will beat ipswich and boro. Millwall away always seems abit of a bogey game for us.

I will be very disappointed if we don''t pick up at least 8 points from the 5 home games and think 9 points from those games ought to be easily achievable if we play to our potential.

I also think we will win at one of Millwall, Reading and Cardiff. The latter is clearly the hardest of the games but we are capable of winning at any of them on our day.

I predict 13 points.

Would 14 points out of 24, really be play-off form? I suppose it could be, but it seems a bit low.

Our last 8 games, we have 14 points, seems like we should have more than that...

2 points a game is promotion form i.e. 46 = 92

so in answer to your question yes 14 points out of 24 would be playoff form

I''m slightly concerned about the Crystal Palace game as its probable that we will have two different defenders in the line up which could make us more vulnerable at the back than usual..saying that I''m glad Ward has got his suspension now rather than late October/November, and hopefully Drury won''t be out for long; but back to the question...we should be looking to win all of our home games with the odd draw if we are serious about promotion

[quote user="Lewie - Holt Our Saviour"]

Crystal Palace (H) WIN

Middlesbrough (H)WIN

Cardiff (A) LOSE

Burnley (H) DRAW

Millwall (A) WIN

Reading (A) LOSE

Leeds (H) WIN

Ipswich (H) WIN

[/quote]

This [Y]

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Would 14 points out of 24, really be play-off form? I suppose it could be, but it seems a bit low. Our last 8 games, we have 14 points, seems like we should have more than that...[/quote]

That would give us 34 points from 19 games right? Which by my estimates comes to 82 points when extrapolated. I''m sure that''d be enough for the play-offs.

Crystal Palace (H) WIN

Middlesbrough (H) WIN

Cardiff (A) WIN

Burnley (H) DRAW

Millwall (A) WIN

Reading (A) DRAW

Leeds (H) WIN

Ipswich (H) WIN

Optimistic it may be, but after the last couple of away matches I honestly think we are more than capable of beating any team in the division away from home. This combined with the fact I actually feel more confident away than at home for once! Cardiff are reliant on 3 or 4 players...we''ve got a team. Keep the individuals quiet, and we can get a win there...

Leeds, Palace & Middlesborough look set to be also-rans. At home, we simply must beat them. Burnley and Ipswich should be tougher in theory, but I''m confident of 3 points against the latter.

Palace (H) win

Boro (H) win

Cardiff (A) lose

Burnley (H) draw

Millwall (A) lose

Reading (A) lose

Leeds (H) win

Ipswich (H) win

13 points from 24 is okay-ish I suppose. How I have done this is what I think is realistic and probably looking at it with my glass half empty.  It''s a tough run but I think we are capable of winning a lot but also dropping a few points.  As the thread title says it could shape our season.  From these games we will find out if we really are a good team or if we have just had a good start.