Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Crystal Waste-of-Space

Other than El Bineros I can''t stand this lot.

Nasty part of London, grubby ground, overpriced seats, speak funny, beat us 3-0 at home at some point in the Wright-Bright days.

We also lost in the semi final of some weird 4th rate cup in the semi final at Smellhurst Park about 25 years ago (what was that cup....?)

But I just think they''re a bunch of Flossers.

When I think of them I think of this.....

....and I feel happier. Good on yer Eric....

Anyone else have this feeling?

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Nasty part of London, grubby ground, overpriced seats, speak funny, beat us 3-0 at home at some point in the Wright-Bright days.

We also lost in the semi final of some weird 4th rate cup in the semi final at Smellhurst Park about 25 years ago (what was that cup....?)

[/quote]

Lol at the mans face in the flat cap and brown jacket at the back

I was reading up on the League Cup the other day, and stumbled across some 80''s and 90''s cups I had never heard of! I believe they were created due to the ban of English teams in European competitions.....one of them was the English Super Cup which I believe we participated in, cannot remember the other......any help?!

[/quote]

Being a bloke you will never have experienced the delights of paddling in the ladies toilets.

[/quote]

you have to take your hat off to that matthew symmonds bloke though.. he wasn''t the biggest and he stood there trading punches with that lunatic cantona [:D]

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Will you be going for a dip on Boxing Day Kathy?

[/quote]

Undecided. It has become something of a tradition, rather like the New Year''s Day one at Yarmouth, I must admit.

[quote user="Largey"]I was reading up on the League Cup the other day, and stumbled across some 80''s and 90''s cups I had never heard of! I believe they were created due to the ban of English teams in European competitions.....one of them was the English Super Cup which I believe we participated in, cannot remember the other......any help?![/quote]

Was it the Simod Cup or the Zenith Data Systems Cup?

Classy sponsors in those days!!

ahhh! the classy ZDS cup...something tells me though - it was charlton that knocked us out when they were valley-less and playing at smellhurst. I could be wrong though?

vauge memory of the team bus breaking down on the way home?

I''m with you on the other bits though. nothing club, nothing area on london (we''ll, croydon if you want to get picky), nothing fans.

[quote user="yellow blood"]

[quote user="Largey"]I was reading up on the League Cup the other day, and stumbled across some 80''s and 90''s cups I had never heard of! I believe they were created due to the ban of English teams in European competitions.....one of them was the English Super Cup which I believe we participated in, cannot remember the other......any help?![/quote]

Was it the Simod Cup or the Zenith Data Systems Cup?

Classy sponsors in those days!!

[/quote]

I reckon this was the Simod Cup in ''87. We lost to Charlton - weren''t they exiled there at the time?

The reason I remember this is because I spent the evening listening to the game on the radio with some mates keeping dear old Doris Thorpe company at her flat on Jex Road.

The lovely old girl was recovering from a fall at the time and had just had her hair done to cheer herself up. She asked me if I thought it made her look like Steve Bruce and the answer was ''of course''.

Sorry to  ramble on but this thread just triggered off an eveneing I''d forgotten all about!

That photo is great for so many reasons.

You look around the people''s faces, some seem to look shocked, others appear to look non-plussed - almost like they are not surprised, and the woman directly behind the chap even looks slighlty pleased that Eric has decided to shut him up.

Mind you if the rumoured filth spouting out from his mouth was true then maybe its not that surprising some people thought he has got what was coming to him.

I hate this lot. A real grubby club.

I can''t stand them or their crappy supporters. It''s no surprise that even with the backing of Simon Jordan they went into administration. If you are brough up in London why would you pick this lot? I can''t honestly think of one redeeming feature about this club.

I''ve only been to Smellhurst once but I paid £35 only to find out I was stuck behind a freakin post. There was no mention of this on the ticket or anything an utter disgrace.

To top it all off the one year I''m able to go to a Norwich game on Boxing Day and it''s away to this lot, no thanks I''ll be saving my game for Sheff Utd at home.

Davo

What a great photo that was....From recollection the Palace fan mouthing off said some pretty vile things about Cantona''s mother which on the face of it was a pretty risky move bearing in mind the Frenchman always looked a bit of a psycho at the best of times....Two people in the picture stand out : There''s the bloke in the collar and tie wearing a light coloured mac, who, if he had a hat would easily pass for a Gestapo agent and there''s the young kid in the Man Utd hat in there with the Palace fans. He got away with it 1995 but I doubt he would now.....

I know i''m in a minority of one here, but i quite like Palace (....a bit anyway). Mostly cos they are one of those London clubs always trying to keep up with their more ilustrious (almost certainly spelt wrong) London neighbours, and because i always remember years ago, some of their fans coming over to compliment us on how well Norwich had played on one visit to Selhurst Park, and that they really liked Norwich and our great support. They didn''t have to do this, but it was really nice at the time.

Also, i was in Yarmouth in the Summer, and spoke to some Palace fans who were on holiday, but very much keeping up to date with events back at their club when it appeared it might have gone under. They were great lads, and i really felt for what they were going through, and was very pleased for them when they heard some good news whilst i was chatting to them. No one wanted to see a club go to the wall. They actually saw me again later in the afternoon, and were eager to let me have more details on what had happened that day regarding their club being saved from extinction......so i don''t hate them.