Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

If the forum or site looks different...

What appeared to be teething problems yesterday haven''t gone away and I have to concur with the majority of posters that this downgrade is awful.Could you please explain why this change was necessary, Peter?

[quote user="Shyster"]What appeared to be teething problems yesterday haven''t gone away and I have to concur with the majority of posters that this downgrade is awful.Could you please explain why this change was necessary, Peter?[/quote]Fook me Shyster... rather formal isn''t it?

[quote user="Shyster"]What appeared to be teething problems yesterday haven''t gone away and I have to concur with the majority of posters that this downgrade is awful.Could you please explain why this change was necessary, Peter?[/quote]I can.All Archant sites have switched over to a new system that integrates the new CMS used in Editorial.It''s exactly the same forum and hopefully the cosmetics will be sorted at some point - will let you know if and when.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Shyster"]What appeared to be teething problems yesterday haven''t gone away and I have to concur with the majority of posters that this downgrade is awful.

Could you please explain why this change was necessary, Peter?[/quote]

I can.

All Archant sites have switched over to a new system that integrates the new CMS used in Editorial.

It''s exactly the same forum and hopefully the cosmetics will be sorted at some point - will let you know if and when.
[/quote]

Pete, will this change rectify some of the continual problems we had on the old forums? e.g. -

Ads covering the middle of posts so you can''t read them?

Users with usernames that you can''t quote?

To name but 2

[:)]

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Shyster"]What appeared to be teething problems yesterday haven''t gone away and I have to concur with the majority of posters that this downgrade is awful.Could you please explain why this change was necessary, Peter?[/quote]I can.All Archant sites have switched over to a new system that integrates the new CMS used in Editorial.It''s exactly the same forum and hopefully the cosmetics will be sorted at some point - will let you know if and when.[/quote]

Pete, will this change rectify some of the continual problems we had on the old forums? e.g. -

Ads covering the middle of posts so you can''t read them?

Users with usernames that you can''t quote?

To name but 2

[:)]

[/quote]No sign of the Google Ads as of yet on here so won''t know the answer to that until, or if, they make a return. Hopefully not!As for the usernames with rogue characters in, it''s the same forum so unfortunately not.

I think those who are having problems with this ''vastly improved'' Pink''un web-site......

Need to upgrade their Personal Computers and invest in one of these....

It''s the way forward.....I''ve got one and it''s problem free and most compatible with this much improved forum....

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]...it''s because we''re switching over and joining www.edp24.co.uk and www.en24.co.uk on the new system.

It''s not your machine - don''t panic!
[/quote]

Been away on holiday and they mess about with eveything.

We’ve been working hard on improving

the pinkun forum layout in light of some of the comments made on the forums

since the changeover yesterday.

We have a test url here for you all to

have a good look at and give us your thoughts on the

changes.

You can look at and post messages

on this version of the site, as it is sharing the same content as we have on the

live site. Pay no heed to speed or performance as it''s on a test site.

Let us know what you think....

Regards the test url:we got pink [:)]suggest thread menu is black font on pink background; same for thread title and page 1 of ... at bottom right of page - currently not so easy to read next page numberscells formatted same size [:)]page width still needs reviewing pleasequotes easier to follow ''who said what'' [:)]thanks for keeping us in the loop Pete. I''m sure others will add further comments

In the opinion of a hypocrite (you should see some of the sites I work on, actually, you shouldn''t, it wouldn''t be fair...) If you''re going to go for a pink background, you need to use either black or white text.  Pink on pink doesn''t work.  Your best bet might be a #ffccff background, with black text for headers.  Or you could play about with "web-safe" colours here.Reply and quote buttons need to be back where they were on the right, to make the header smaller. I don''t know whether it''s just my browser, but the thin arial font you''re using is difficult to read in bold, let alone in pink bold on a pink background.  The problem is that it is the corporate Archant font...Width issue still needs to be addressed on user details.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Seriously agree!![/quote]It''s what all the Archant fora look like.... crud.

[quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Seriously agree!![/quote]It''s what all the Archant fora look like.... crud.[/quote]Is fora the plural of forum?I did not know that.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Seriously agree!![/quote]It''s what all the Archant fora look like.... crud.[/quote]Is fora the plural of forum?I did not know that.[/quote]

Thicko.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Seriously agree!![/quote]It''s what all the Archant fora look like.... crud.[/quote]Is fora the plural of forum?I did not know that.[/quote]

Thicko.[/quote][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/poster.jpg[/IMG][;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Thicko.[/quote][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/poster.jpg[/IMG][;)][/quote]

I''m hardly trolling, just having a bit of a laugh,[:)] ya great tw@t

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

Thicko.[/quote][IMG]http://i869.photobucket.com/albums/ab257/mortymccarthy/poster.jpg[/IMG][;)][/quote]

I''m hardly trolling, just having a bit of a laugh,[:)] ya great tw@t [/quote]I know lol. I just found the pic I made ages ago, and wanted a thin excuse to use it.[:D]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

I''m hardly trolling, just having a bit of a laugh,[:)] ya great tw@t [/quote]I know lol. I just found the pic I made ages ago, and wanted a thin excuse to use it.[:D][/quote]

Did you see the PMQ live today, morts? Cameron wiped the floor with Ed and Johnson did even worse - it was all rather embarrassing. I don''t think the cuts went anywhere near far enough, btw.

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"][quote user="morty"][quote user="ſilly ſauſage"][quote user="CT"][quote user="morty"]I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.[/quote]

I''m hardly trolling, just having a bit of a laugh,[:)] ya great tw@t [/quote]I know lol. I just found the pic I made ages ago, and wanted a thin excuse to use it.[:D][/quote]

Did you see the PMQ live today, morts? Cameron wiped the floor with Ed and Johnson did even worse - it was all rather embarrassing. I don''t think the cuts went anywhere near far enough, btw.[/quote]Not that you''re biased of course! [;)]Well, you''re comfortably off, and a tory, so not surprised you want to see the poor get poorer lol.I would like to see the plan for the next war, we''re leaving ourselves a little short I think.

I don''t desire to see the subsidised get poorer, morty - I want to see them encouraged to get off their arses and into work where they will be better off.The measures taken in the spending review should help the cause along.Did you know that there is currently nigh on 500,000 jobs available in the UK and that most of them are offering above the minimum wage?

[quote user="Shyster"]I don''t desire to see the subsidised get poorer, morty - I want to see them encouraged to get off their arses and into work where they will be better off.The measures taken in the spending review should help the cause along.Did you know that there is currently nigh on 500,000 jobs available in the UK and that most of them are offering above the minimum wage?[/quote]No, I did not know that, I do know it took me 9 months this year to find a job though, and I''m pretty well qualified.I don''t think the old "get on your bike and find work" adage still applies, the next few years are going to be very hard for a lot of people.Where did you get that stat from, by the way lol.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Shyster"]I don''t desire to see the subsidised get poorer, morty - I want to see them encouraged to get off their arses and into work where they will be better off.The measures taken in the spending review should help the cause along.Did you know that there is currently nigh on 500,000 jobs available in the UK and that most of them are offering above the minimum wage?[/quote]No, I did not know that, I do know it took me 9 months this year to find a job though, and I''m pretty well qualified.I don''t think the old "get on your bike and find work" adage still applies, the next few years are going to be very hard for a lot of people.Where did you get that stat from, by the way lol.[/quote]

From the very reliable and unbiased ''Spectator'' magazine.I won''t deny that a lot of people are going to find it tough, but that''s precisely what right-wing policies are all about, morty - giving folk something to aspire to - the country is in major debt and it''s hopeless to keep printing off money to throw at at a very serious social problem.Do you seriously deem it fine that there''s actually able and fit people out there in vast numbers who haven''t worked for thirty odd years.