Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

If the forum or site looks different...

Cheers Pete. Won''t do quote reply as that''s something I imagine is on your list of ''things to do to improve site changeover''.As previously stated by another poster, it''s not clear ''who said what'' [:^)] [;)]No-one likes change and we are used to what the site looked like before. Once all the technical bits have been smoothed out, I''m sure we''ll get used to it. Just takes time. Well, we are renowned for our moaning on here so as the team are doing well, we gotta have something to grumble about  and the site changes are it today [:P]

For the first time in a million years I had to log in!!

It''s very weird, but i''m sure it''ll be a lot better and more reliable?

I can''t believe these changes weren''t run by me first.I don''t like it, and I want my money back. Oh, wait......[;)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]Sorry, I do apologise - I appear to have wandered into the wrong forum by mistake [;)][/quote]

Faggot.

The main things to tweak are the spacing of various items - everything appears to be crammed up on the left hand side, and people''s name boxes are all different widths. Also, multiple quotes are difficult to follow. If it can''t be made pink again I guess we will have to get used to the Grey''un. Anyway, the content is more important than what it looks like.

Releived to remember my login details - haven''t had to do that in a while.  I too am scared - if the left and right hand margins are going  to be used for advertisements it will probably put me off - although the floating advert at the bottom of the page which kept covering up the last thread item will be gone so that is better.  As for font - Times vs Verdana - why not be completely radical and use another one completely.

All this work and no edit button in site!

Also there doesn''t seem to be any improvements in usability for people who use Chrome.

Davo

It''s like having a new bird........Everything looks a bit different to begin with but all the useful bits are still there to fiddle about with.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]It''s like having a new bird........

Everything looks a bit different to begin with but all the useful bits are still there to fiddle about with.
[/quote]

Yes, but if you trade down too far in the process your bit might get lazy and .........

OTBC

Its not all bad, but I don''t like the way people''s user information gets into the text box if they''ve got too much written in it...Also, is this why I couldn''t access the forum from my mobile earlier?

I know theres probably tweaks and stuff to do still, but seriously, the whole thing looks a bit pants.

This is going to take a bit of getting used to. Looks strange. If I end up not liking it can I have the old pink forum back please?

I thought it might look better this morning after a good nights sleep but still don''t like the layout, still have a 3 inch gap at each site of the website and yes I know you can alter the zoom settings to make it fill the screen but then you have to keep altering them back if you have other sites open at the same time plus it makes the writing bigger.

Sorry Pete but its horrible.