Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

If the forum or site looks different...

...it''s because we''re switching over and joining www.edp24.co.uk and www.en24.co.uk on the new system.It''s not your machine - don''t panic!

It looks like the page is referencing no .css files currently.  I''m guessing that tweaks will continue, that the formatting will return once the tweaks are complete.Is this because of my 15 year old forum software quip ?  I was only joking...

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]Seems like there''s too much on the page and not so easy to navigate the pages. Will have to see how I get on but not keen so farPlus we''ve lost our pink colour - how can it be the Pink Un site if it''s not pink? [:^)][/quote]On here or the site itself? The navigation hasn''t changed on the site and the only thing added to the homepage is the most read/commented/email box....

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I''m guessing that tweaks will continue, that the formatting will return once the tweaks are complete.[/quote]Correct, in fact it''s changing all the time for me!

Tell me to mind my own business, but when the chaos subsides, you''ll want to do a 301 redirect from the old location to the new one I reckon.

Pink has come back a bit. Obviously I wrote that observation prior to further formatting/changes. I was getting a whole list of stuff before the thread and had to scroll down half a page to get to each thread I was reading.The threads appear much narrower on the page or is that just me? It''s not filling my full screen as it used to

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"]Pink has come back a bit. Obviously I wrote that observation prior to further formatting/changes. I was getting a whole list of stuff before the thread and had to scroll down half a page to get to each thread I was reading.The threads appear much narrower on the page or is that just me? It''s not filling my full screen as it used to[/quote]Not sure which browser you''re using, but if you click on "View" and then zoom it a bit, it looks better.

Will look into the width. Imagine there''s a space on the right for future ads though...Will also see if we can get a set width for user details in the left on posts as the varying widths is already annoying me.I do like the nav bar making an appearance at the top though.

Good move Pete - hopefully this will lower the activity on here and make the board more accessible...

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]Don''t like it.  I feel sick.  Accessed the message board from the home page and it opened in a new window[:''(][/quote]Cheers for the heads up nbs - have fixed that so it opens in the same window (may take a few minutes to come into effect)

Nav bar is good, as it provides a consistent interface for getting around.  For the sake of existing users, it might be worth finding out if the message board classes can carry the same typeface as the old board though.  Verdana I think was the standard ?

Don''t like it, plus I have a gap of about 3 inches each side of my screen now

[quote user="cityangel"]Don''t like it, plus I have a gap of about 3 inches each side of my screen now[/quote]I had the same problem CA - morty''s advice is on page 1. I followed it and it worked but never had to do that on the old site.The new layout will take a bit of getting used to.

Here are the main gripes as far as I can see...When using Firefox on a 1024 x 768 resolution ( there may be other issues for wider screens)Text is hard up against borders.  give yourself 0.5 or 1 em of padding left.On threads with multiple pages, the page navigation used to be float:right, it''s now just floating.Reply and Quote buttons now appear below the title, which is fine, but creates a large empty space on the headerCells in general need a bit of padding, text is too close to borders to be easily read.Other than that well done, very smooth transition !

Bound to be a few teething problems on the first day and will pass on your concerns, although a lot smoother than the update last summer!

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="cityangel"]Don''t like it, plus I have a gap of about 3 inches each side of my screen now[/quote]

I had the same problem CA - morty''s advice is on page 1. I followed it and it worked but never had to do that on the old site.

The new layout will take a bit of getting used to.
[/quote]

Thanks WITS but if I zoom in it fills the page but makes all the writing and headings too big.

Oh well, a good excuse to spend less time on here, less posts from me means less agro from the people who dont like them. [:)]

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Bound to be a few teething problems on the first day and will pass on your concerns, although a lot smoother than the update last summer![/quote]Absolutely, lucky it''s working at all when you consider how many possible points of failure there are when upgrading.

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"]Will look into the width. Imagine there''s a space on the right for future ads though...Will also see if we can get a set width for user details in the left on posts as the varying widths is already annoying me.I do like the nav bar making an appearance at the top though.[/quote]

Yes, the width of forum pages needs adjusting and an editing facility would be a bonus.Otherwise fine thus far.

I''ve lost the facility to open multiple tabs from pink un website as I used to keep a particular thread open and have discussion menus open on separate tabs by clicking on pink un logo at top of messageboard main page. I expect there''s a way round it but I''ve not discovered it yet.Also some features still to be tranferred over but I guess that''ll take a while longer as well.

[quote user="Woman in the Stands"]I''ve lost the facility to open multiple tabs from pink un website as I used to keep a particular thread open and have discussion menus open on separate tabs by clicking on pink un logo at top of messageboard main page. I expect there''s a way round it but I''ve not discovered it yet.Also some features still to be tranferred over but I guess that''ll take a while longer as well.

[/quote]Right-click on Main Discussion and select open in new tab - not ideal I know!Yep, got a list to work through! Main stuff is all there - bells and whistles to follow.Also need to do all match reports again so they look like this...www.pinkun.com/1.683028

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Woman in the Stands WITS"][quote user="cityangel"]Don''t like it, plus I have a gap of about 3 inches each side of my screen now[/quote]

I had the same problem CA - morty''s advice is on page 1. I followed it and it worked but never had to do that on the old site.

The new layout will take a bit of getting used to.
[/quote]

Thanks WITS but if I zoom in it fills the page but makes all the writing and headings too big.

Oh well, a good excuse to spend less time on here, less posts from me means less agro from the people who dont like them. [:)]

[/quote]

I guess we''ll get used to it Angel. Anyway, you know what they say.......

Change is inevitable - except from a vending machine.

[;)]