Sign in to follow this  
blahblahblah

Should we replace Mr Chops with that bloke out of the fast show that says "Brillyernt" a lot ?

I mean, I really love Mr Chops, he''s a valued member of the forum and was my all time favourite poster ever when he did that nativity thingummy a couple of seasons ago, but this year he''s only been using weak puns while trying to crack a joke with cityangel and shyster, and spends most of his time sending up other posters instead of instead of taking the mickey out of those on the pitch.  As he thinks he is a sporting satirist, he should be always trying to find an angle on the players on the pitch and not fannying around taking the mickey out of Shyster, I mean he''s not exactly Ian Hislop now is he?  At least he''s not obtuse like BlyBlyBly, or angry like morty, smudger, or increasingly tilly, but my point is really if he doesn''t take the mickey out of someone famous soon then should we drop him for that bloke out of the fast show that says "Brillyernt" a lot ?

Lol, I''m not angry, I just won''t suffer fools, or if anyone starts with insults then I''ll happily rise to the occasion.Are you implying Chops should be given a free transfer to WOTB?Harsh if so lol.[:)]

Whilst I love him to death I do think the forum should get in a proven forum provider as back up for Mr Chops.

A lot of his posts are too wide of the mark and I''m not sure if he can cut it as a championship poster.

Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last few pages of a thread perhaps.

[quote]Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the

rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last

few pages of a thread perhaps.[/quote]Although Chopsy has been keeping himself fit, I do wonder if he has the stamina to last a full 30 pages, like the McNally thread for example.   He''ll never be a nutty nigel, but while he''s still able to have an impact, why not bring him on to write the punchline towards the end of the game ?

[quote user="City1st"]Whilst I love him to death I do think the forum should get in a proven forum provider as back up for Mr Chops.

A lot of his posts are too wide of the mark and I''m not sure if he can cut it as a championship poster.

Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last few pages of a thread perhaps.[/quote]Quite. And at last, after decades of underachievement and selling off our best posters and replacing them with cheapskate substitutes, at last we have a board of directors with the ambition to strengthen the squad. Hurrah![;)]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn''t mean it morty.Sorry morty.Just playing like.Don''t actually hurt me ! [:o] [;)][/quote]Wheres my cup and ball......[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn''t mean it morty.

Sorry morty.

Just playing like.

Don''t actually hurt me ! [:o] [;)]
[/quote]

Wheres my cup and ball......

[;)]
[/quote]

I think Bla is more worried it''s your cup and his ball!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]Whilst I love him to death I do think the forum should get in a proven forum provider as back up for Mr Chops.

Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last few pages of a thread perhaps.[/quote]Quite. And at last, after decades of underachievement and selling off our best posters and replacing them with cheapskate substitutes, at last we have a board of directors with the ambition to strengthen the squad. Hurrah![;)][/quote]Not forgetting of course the loan signings, the likes of we8wba and CiderKidd, who tried to help us but for one reason or another could never really settle.  We are stronger for having posters that belong to the club, but should we not recognise when those posters have had their day ?

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn''t mean it morty.Sorry morty.Just playing like.Don''t actually hurt me ! [:o] [;)][/quote]Wheres my cup and ball......[;)][/quote]

[/quote]That''s it, I''m taking my ball home !

[quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn''t mean it morty.Sorry morty.Just playing like.Don''t actually hurt me ! [:o] [;)][/quote]Wheres my cup and ball......[;)][/quote]

[/quote]Ewwwwww.[+o(]

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="The Butler"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="blahblahblah"]Didn''t mean it morty.

Sorry morty.

Just playing like.

Don''t actually hurt me ! [:o] [;)]
[/quote]

Wheres my cup and ball......

[;)]
[/quote]

[/quote]

That''s it, I''m taking my ball home !
[/quote]

Off to lick your wounds? Or, off to lick your balls?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]Whilst I love him to death I do think the forum should get in a proven forum provider as back up for Mr Chops.

Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last few pages of a thread perhaps.[/quote]Quite. And at last, after decades of underachievement and selling off our best posters and replacing them with cheapskate substitutes, at last we have a board of directors with the ambition to strengthen the squad. Hurrah![;)][/quote]Not forgetting of course the loan signings, the likes of we8wba and CiderKidd, who tried to help us but for one reason or another could never really settle.  We are stronger for having posters that belong to the club, but should we not recognise when those posters have had their day ?[/quote]Loan signings really aren''t the answer though, we need to be developing our youth to ensure the future of the message board.That said, I do miss Spainboy (Though have no doubt that should dirty Leeds go above us he will mysteriously reappear)

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]That would be unhygenic, Mello.[/quote]

Before, or after?

[/quote]Look, someone needs to be the straight man in this sketch, which one of us is it ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="City1st"]Whilst I love him to death I do think the forum should get in a proven forum provider as back up for Mr Chops.

Maybe have banana start a few threats, loan out Cry Babe Binner for the rest of the seaon and bring Mr Chops on as an impact poster for the last few pages of a thread perhaps.[/quote]Quite. And at last, after decades of underachievement and selling off our best posters and replacing them with cheapskate substitutes, at last we have a board of directors with the ambition to strengthen the squad. Hurrah![;)][/quote]Not forgetting of course the loan signings, the likes of we8wba and CiderKidd, who tried to help us but for one reason or another could never really settle.  We are stronger for having posters that belong to the club, but should we not recognise when those posters have had their day ?[/quote]bah, I think this raises the whole question of whether "little old" Archant have the financial resources to carry this message board forward and establish it in the top flight or whether we need a Man City-style takeover.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]That would be unhygenic, Mello.
[/quote]

Before, or after?

[/quote]

Look, someone needs to be the straight man in this sketch, which one of us is it ?
[/quote]

Get another bloke to lick ''em.....That''ll probably show us, that you''re not the straight man....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]bah, I think this raises the whole question of whether "little old" Archant have the financial resources to carry this message board forward and establish it in the top flight or whether we need a Man City-style takeover.[/quote]I think we have to respect Archant for punching above their weight, working as they have to within the constraints of their budget and 15 year old forum software.  It''s all very well expecting some Fairy god-murdoch type to come flouncing into the wilds of Norfolk, wave a magic wand like some mad Barbara Windsor in that weird advert for gambling, giggle and fart and provide us with the latest version of community server,  you have to understand that "little old archant" have to operate in the constraints of the real world.  They can''t just keep propping up the forum forever with no return, something will have to give !

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="blahblahblah"]That would be unhygenic, Mello.[/quote]

Before, or after?

[/quote]Look, someone needs to be the straight man in this sketch, which one of us is it ?[/quote]

Get another bloke to lick ''em.....That''ll probably show us, that you''re not the straight man....

[/quote]I think bowing out of this particular sub-thread shows me to be the straighter man of the 2 of us, Mello old bean...

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]bah, I think this raises the whole question of whether "little old" Archant have the financial resources to carry this message board forward and establish it in the top flight or whether we need a Man City-style takeover.[/quote]I think we have to respect Archant for punching above their weight, working as they have to within the constraints of their budget and 15 year old forum software.  It''s all very well expecting some Fairy god-murdoch type to come flouncing into the wilds of Norfolk, wave a magic wand like some mad Barbara Windsor in that weird advert for gambling, giggle and fart and provide us with the latest version of community server,  you have to understand that "little old archant" have to operate in the constraints of the real world.  They can''t just keep propping up the forum forever with no return, something will have to give ![/quote]Oh come on blah![;)] We both know the problem is that Archant have wasted way too much time and money on extraneous stuff like producing newspapers (some woukl say they''ve been obsessed) and so have starved their core activity, this message board, of funds.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Oh come on blah![;)] We both know the problem is that Archant have wasted way too much time and money on extraneous stuff like producing newspapers (some woukl say they''ve been obsessed) and so have starved their core activity, this message board, of funds.[/quote]But they''ve got to do it to improve their cash-flow.  I''m sure T will back me up in saying this when I say that without money coming in from the trivial stuff like "news" ( yeah right, in Norfolk, good luck ! ) and "advertising" ( see previous brackets ) , there''s no money to divert to the really important stuff, like giving bored office workers and retired people a chance to vent aimlessly and at each other while sitting at a keyboard.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I mean, I really love Mr Chops, he''s a valued member of the forum and was my all time favourite poster ever when he did that nativity thingummy a couple of seasons ago, but this year he''s only been using weak puns while trying to crack a joke with cityangel and shyster, and spends most of his time sending up other posters instead of instead of taking the mickey out of those on the pitch.  As he thinks he is a sporting satirist, he should be always trying to find an angle on the players on the pitch and not fannying around taking the mickey out of Shyster, I mean he''s not exactly Ian Hislop now is he?  At least he''s not obtuse like BlyBlyBly, or angry like morty, smudger, or increasingly tilly, but my point is really if he doesn''t take the mickey out of someone famous soon then should we drop him for that bloke out of the fast show that says "Brillyernt" a lot ?[/quote]

Very amusing Blah - you''re on form (bored? [:D]) today aren''t you [:)]

If I were your Prime Minister, I would happily appoint him as court jester. The problem I think Mister Chops has is that he needs someone to play alongside, and since First Wizard left the forum he has been lacking quality balls to feed off.

[quote user="Ed Miliband"]If I were your Prime Minister, I would happily appoint him as court jester. The problem I think Mister Chops has is that he needs someone to play alongside, and since First Wizard left the forum he has been lacking quality balls to feed off.[/quote]Couldn''t you loan him Ed?? Gawwwn, you know it makes sense ...Anyway, it''s all Delia''s fault.

Yes, the forum does seem to be missing the varied skills of the Lowestoft lad, who left on a Bosman

Known as the Wizard of was he could always be relied upon to provide a load of balls. Unfortunately his habit of frequently changing sides made him as many enemies as it won him supporters (it''s believed he''s presently plying his trade in the Mutt and Jeff Weathervane League)

Perhaps a proven championship writer could be brought in to cover for the failing Mr Chops.

Cameldung of the Colchester Evening Orl has plenty of jpurnalistic experience. King Binno writes in the style of Jeffrey Archer, albeit slightly less truthful than dear Jeffrey.

Maybe we should look to bring in Stephen Fry, would at least give him something to do at games other than yawning.