Sign in to follow this  
W-H

Performances so far...

Having been to all of the games so far, I would rate the players'' performances, in order:

Top 5

Andrew Crofts - really outstanding

Leon Barnett - Great presence although shaky start.

Adam Drury - Has been at his best

Wes Hoolahan - Even I could hit the target from penalty spot, cost him two places!

Chris Martin - not sure why he''s currently out of favour

Next best 5

Korey Smith - bit out of sorts in last couple of games

Grant Holt - hard working, enthusiastic but missing final touch. Disappointed that he''s not in top 5.

Russell Martin - much better than expected, solid.

Simeon Jackson - scraped into top 10, mainly due to his goals against Brizzie City. Good pace but not really happening at present.

Simon Lappin - bundles of enthusiasm, great work rate

Not sure about

Elliott Ward - Something of the Doc about him - makes me nervous.

John Ruddy - Not had a lot to do. A couple of mistakes but most goals not his fault.

Stephen Smith - Excellent against Brizzie City but not great when twice brought on as a sub

Any thoughts?

Some won''t agree with you about Chris Martin.... I haven''t seen enough of his away game performances to give an overall view on him, but i thought he wasn''t doing too badly at home (maybe not top 5 performers though...) Agree with your other top 4 though.

Its hard to single out individuals in a way, we are still playing really well as a team, I don''t quite see where your coming from with your Ward comment, i thought he was doing quite well.

I''m not slating Ward, I''m just not convinced he is as good as the press make out. I''ve been more concerned about him than the rest at the back - the jury is still out as far as I''m concerned.

Chrissy hasn''t started the last couple of games and, to be honest, was not really involved when he came on against QPR. He did really well in the first few games, especially against Forest and that''s why I rate him in the top 5.

Jackson was really quick against Bristol City - their fans moaned at their own defensive errors but I reckon Jackson deserved more credit. He didn''t do a great deal on Saturday though.

Russell Martin has been really good - perhaps I was being harsh on him, possibly due to him not being that great last season - has a bit of history to over come.

As I said - when he started a game he was great. When he came on for Drury he looked hesitant, compared to an in-form Ads, especially against QPR. He will probably start against Palace and will have to play a blinder to keep Drury out once he is fit.

I honestly think SS would have to score a hat-trick and make 2 goal line clearances to keep AD out of the side when he returns.

I would put Jackson above Chrissy for two reasons:

a) Jackson''s pace/movement (especially off the ball).

b) The partnership that he and Horse have got together.

Chris is a great back up/starter but for the moment Jackson is my preferred choice!

[quote user="W-H"]

Not sure about Elliott Ward - Something of the Doc about him - makes me nervous.  [/quote]

Doc never made me nervous and neither does Ward, both good defenders.