Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Next Hucks meets Nigel Worthington

Next month I''ll be interviewing 03/04 championship winning manager and current Northern Ireland coach Nigel Worthington, start sending in your questions on www.dh6.co.uk, that''s the only way to get your question asked, I''m sure it''ll be as interesting as the last 2 Hucks meets!

Hucks

Depending on how candid Nigel is willing to be this could be VERY interesting indeed![:)]

Looking forward to this one. I''ve asked for his opinion on that ghastly ''worthy out'' movement.

Hucks- would it be possible to put these up as a video rather than just text?

Nuttys just tiddled himself!

No one will get anything (bog cleaning, bingo calling) out of him now until it''s published.

Hucks you are a cruel man[:D]

the problem when you start filming is straight away people get guarded and i don''t want that, trust me it would easier for me just to whack up a video, and theirs always a chance that they don''t want to answer a question(none so far but it''s their right)

try and get it written up word for word but audio is really funny

Hucks

Point taken. I guess it saved Iwan having to make himself look pretty and put his teeth in as well....

This one will be awesome!! Just wondered how many national journalists may be interested in putting a story on this if we can get some good questions! .......Quick question Hucks do you do any press releases on these interviews or is it just for our eyes only!!

I would be interested in his views on continued devolution to the Northern Irish parliament, and whether he feels that a united Ireland is a realistic goal given the largely sectarian troubles of the past few decades appear to be resurfacing? Does he feel, as I do, that a strong economy would mitigate the social unrest that threatens the Irish peace situation? And why for the love of Jesus, May and Joseph does he keep picking David Healy, and is it only because Jamie Cureton isn''t Northern Irish?

[quote user="Ed Miliband"]I would be interested in his views on continued devolution to the Northern Irish parliament, and whether he feels that a united Ireland is a realistic goal given the largely sectarian troubles of the past few decades appear to be resurfacing? Does he feel, as I do, that a strong economy would mitigate the social unrest that threatens the Irish peace situation? And why for the love of Jesus, May and Joseph does he keep picking David Healy, and is it only because Jamie Cureton isn''t Northern Irish?[/quote]As a Leeds fan, surely you can sympathise? (Keep up the good work by the way, gave Cameron a good a*s whooping in the Commons!) [:D]

Either of you care to shed more light on what happened in the dressing room at Sunderland, or is Iwans book the ultimate resource for that?

[quote user="Budgie"]Looking forward to this one. I''ve asked for his opinion on that ghastly ''worthy out'' movement.[/quote]

i bet its hard to find anyone who will actually admit to being part of it nowadays apart from that prick gordon who was always on radio norfolk  ..bit like finding someone who admits they voted labour  [:D]

I took part in a protest. I''m ashamed to say. I wanted to make my point to the board.

However, when it turned really nasty and personally spiteful I soon distanced myself from it all. Some of the rhetoric was appalling.

I don''t think I could ever associate myself with a movement like that again. I actually turned ''KTF'' after that (thats is a term not heard for a while).

It would be good to hear Nigel''s take on it and if he is aware of the massive divide in the fans it caused. A divide that remained long after he left.

Hucks

Thank you for this gives a great honest insight into the club and players thoughts.

Got the impression there was much more banter between you and Dean than the interview documented. I was at the villa away game and could remember thinking he looks bigger and slower then on the tv. Glad he went on and scored goals.

NW great choice for next interview.

[quote user="Budgie"]I took part in a protest. I''m ashamed to say. I wanted to make my point to the board. However, when it turned really nasty and personally spiteful I soon distanced myself from it all. Some of the rhetoric was appalling. I don''t think I could ever associate myself with a movement like that again. I actually turned ''KTF'' after that (thats is a term not heard for a while). It would be good to hear Nigel''s take on it and if he is aware of the massive divide in the fans it caused. A divide that remained long after he left.[/quote]

Budgie, you are so right. As said earlier in the thread Worthy is an honest man. Some of the stuff made up to discredit him back then was the work of dishonest men. I said so at the time and will continue to say so. The personal abuse that he suffered from some of the supposed best fans in the world was a total disgrace. Unfortunately finding out that actually just anybody was not better than Worthy cost the club dearly. We now have a manager who''s looking like he could get us back to at least where we were when those fans were mounting their campaign. I wouldn''t want to ask Worthy anything about it, but I''d like to ask them if they felt it was worth it.

Deano''s interview was great, seems like a decent bloke... shame he left and even bigger shame he had to retire, he could have been playing for England for many years to come. Really looking forward to reading the Worthy interview!