Sign in to follow this  
Lennon7

The season so far - Sitting pretty at third.

We are now almost a quarter of the way through our return to the Championship, and I for one am delighted with the progress made so far. Going to places like Preston and coming away with 3 points and a performance to match just hasn''t happened over the last few years. Sorting out our away form has been absolutely vital. There would be plenty of occasions where we would struggle to even get a shot on target away from home and our frail defence would just not be able to hold on under the pressure. Leon Barnett and Elliot Ward have really impressed me at the back, along with the indispensible Adam Drury and (fingers crossed) an improving Russell Martin doing a decent job also. Losing Rusty in the summer meant that if the diamond formation that proved to be so successful last season was to continue, we needed to replace him with somebody who showed equal commitment and dicipline to allow Wes to roam free in his position. And boy did we find a replacement, in the shape of Andrew Crofts. Crofts has been absolutely incredible so far, winning tackles he has no right to, finding the right pass and even cropping up with his share of goals. Adding to that, Korey Smith and Simon Lappin have more or less carried on where they left off last season. With the arrival of Surman in the summer, it looked as though Lappin''s first team chances may be limited this season, but he has shown that he is still very much up to the task in a higher league and that the injury of Surman isn''t as much a reason to panic as first thought. One thing I would like to see however is a little more of Mcnamee, I think that the final 20 minutes, if we are in need of a goal or two is perfect for him. He hasn''t been able to hit the ground running when he''s started, and also it forces a change in formation when he does. 4-5-1 with Martin on the left? (Doncaster away) Not too sure about that one.Wes also looks to be back on track, I think he just needed a goal to give him a boost and I think our goal of the season has definitely already been scored. It''s never always gonna come off for Hoolahan, but I still think he is a very creative part of our team. Shame about the penalty at Qpr, his second penalty miss of the year (not that it mattered away at Colchester, we were cruising) but he needs to pick himself up and carry on. Which brings us to the strikers, which two would you have? Jackson certainly gives us another option with his blistering pace, but for me i''d stick with Chris Martin and Grant Holt to start. I think it''s unfair to critisise Holt, considering he didn''t have a pre-season and is still showing the fight and effort that he always has. And as for Chris Martin, I believe he is the best finisher we have had at the club for years, He''s shown real maturity on the pitch since his return from Luton and at such a young age I really believe we will have a great player on our hands. His first touch has improved greatly and he just needs to keep focus and not get bogged down by the distractions of being a footballer and then the skies the limit for him. That''s just what I think obviously, I appreciate people are going to disagree with what I put, but please go easy on me, it''s the first time i''ve tried to write a proper piece about the team. I''m just really happy being a Norwich City fan right now, there''s a real feel good factor and long may it continue.OTBC! Dan

Jackon and Holt for me, although i''d happily play a 4-2-1-3 formation with the same back 4, crofts and korey smtih as the 2, hooly as the 1 and martin, holt and jackson up front [y]

Macnamee is one of 2 bad signings that lambert has made, gill being the other. I cant see where macnamee will come in i dont rate him and to bring him on for hooly is a bad move. Hooly is a match winner and again i can''t see why lambert brought him off on saturday at QPR!

Elliot ward looked like a pub footballer vs watford but he has really improved since then!

But I agree with the rest of the OP.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

Jackon and Holt for me, although i''d happily play a 4-2-1-3 formation with the same back 4, crofts and korey smtih as the 2, hooly as the 1 and martin, holt and jackson up front [y]

Macnamee is one of 2 bad signings that lambert has made, gill being the other. I cant see where macnamee will come in i dont rate him and to bring him on for hooly is a bad move. Hooly is a match winner and again i can''t see why lambert brought him off on saturday at QPR!

Elliot ward looked like a pub footballer vs watford but he has really improved since then!

But I agree with the rest of the OP.

[/quote]Ahem.........Gunny signed Gill during the Summer of 2009.

Gill was brought in as a replacement for Clingan. That didn''t quite work out for him and chances have proved hard to come by.

On recent evidence I would say that Jackson is a much better finisher than Martin, especially when you look at goals to minutes on the pitch, and barring injuries I''m confident that Jackson will score more than CM over the season.   

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Enjoy it while you can cause, Leeds are gonna get ya, Leeds are gonna get ya.....Also, what the hells happened to the forum??[/quote]Like you did last season?Oh no, wait..........[;)]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Enjoy it while you can cause, Leeds are gonna get ya, Leeds are gonna get ya.....Also, what the hells happened to the forum??[/quote]Like you did last season?Oh no, wait..........[;)][/quote]You caught us last season, think it''s our turn to catch you and finish above ya [:P]. That''s if our defence keeps from imploding so much.

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Enjoy it while you can cause, Leeds are gonna get ya, Leeds are gonna get ya.....Also, what the hells happened to the forum??[/quote]Like you did last season?Oh no, wait..........[;)][/quote]You caught us last season, think it''s our turn to catch you and finish above ya [:P]. That''s if our defence keeps from imploding so much.

[/quote]Yes, I can completely see your logic there.[:|]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Enjoy it while you can cause, Leeds are gonna get ya, Leeds are gonna get ya.....Also, what the hells happened to the forum??[/quote]Like you did last season?Oh no, wait..........[;)][/quote]You caught us last season, think it''s our turn to catch you and finish above ya [:P]. That''s if our defence keeps from imploding so much.

[/quote]Yes, I can completely see your logic there.[:|][/quote]I know your being sarcastic, I''m just having trouble trying to figure out why....

[quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Resident Leeds Fan Jonny"]Enjoy it while you can cause, Leeds are gonna get ya, Leeds are gonna get ya.....Also, what the hells happened to the forum??[/quote]Like you did last season?Oh no, wait..........[;)][/quote]You caught us last season, think it''s our turn to catch you and finish above ya [:P]. That''s if our defence keeps from imploding so much.

[/quote]Yes, I can completely see your logic there.[:|][/quote]I know your being sarcastic, I''m just having trouble trying to figure out why....[/quote]Not at Elland Rd tonight then? Typical leeds, part time supporter.

Make that "sitting not quite so pretty in 5th".

Must start winning home games especially against teams that are well below us or we''ll soon start going in the wrong direction.