Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Bowler v Goreham

Goreham for me, I like a bit of partisanship with my commentary. Bowler sounds like he likes it when City lose...plays down City goals and makes a big thing about our opposition''s goals. Well he did the last time I was forced to listen to him, over a year ago.

That Goreham sounds like a jumped-up kid. Sounds awful those high pitched squeels of his.

Still, at least he has the perfect ''face'' for radio.

Can''t believe someone moaned on canary call about our commentary normally being biased . . . . it is Radio Norfolk! They are there to comment on the Norwich game not the match involving Norwich and who ever it is they are playing.

Goreham is miles better. If anyone noticed Bowler either forgot or didn''t know all of the QPR players names and at times just said ''QPR have the ball and their player . . . '' frequently not even mentioning where it was on the pitch.

Goreham is vastly superior - there is more energy and get up and go about his commentary and the added bonus that him and Neil often crack a joke or two which can make a dull game more entertaining.

In some ways Goreham is a more suited successor to Roy and perhaps that''s what we should remember. Roy had his squeaky moments as well but you could hear the passion from the kick-off to the end. I would take that anytime over drab channel five style commentary.

GOREHAM.   No competition.  It''s difficult enough to visualise events on the pitch at the best of times, but on Saturday I just gave up.  Not NB''s fault, either you have the ability or you don''t and sadly he does not.

Goreham is a class act ,not only with the game but also with the after match interviews.He is only a young bloke so i would expect him to get even better with more experience.I would love to hear some of the whingers of the quality of the commentary have a go themselves with a Norwich City game ,now that would be pure comedy gold.,lots of effing and blinding spring to mind.

Didnt hear Blowler as I was at QPR but enjoy listening to Chris Goreham when I cant make a game.

Wonder how long he''ll be away?

Glad most people seem to be saying Goreham. As one of the above posters said, he is a class act and his commentary + his raport with Neil Adams is not far away from the 5Live holy grail of football coverage.Bowler didn''t do a particularly bad job, but he SOUNDS like a local BBC Norfolk DJ, whereas I wouldn''t be surprised if Goreham got himself a job on national radio.

Has to be Goreham! Listening to Bowler on Saturday almost made me turn my radio off. Goreham is NCFC at heart, which makes it all the more fun to listen too.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Bowler didnt know who half our players were!

[/quote]I have the same problem.......