Sign in to follow this  
William Darby

Bowler v Goreham

Couldn''t disagree more. Bowler seemed hardly interested, gave little detail & got more excited about QPR than us. He was always several seconds behind the play.I think Goreham has improved hugely since he started, & his enthusiasm is infectious. Was he missing today because of the (imminenet) baby?

Bowler every time. Goreham''s commentaries diverge far too much - I''d rather hear what is going on now in the game, instead of countless reviews of what has happened.

[quote user="Å¿illy Å¿auÅ¿age"]IMO Bowler is better.  He gets on with commentating without digressing into nonsense talk like Oli''s ''fuzzy hair''.[/quote]Must say I was surprised to hear Nick Bowler on today. Is Chris Goreham having time off with Mrs G and their new sprog ?I like Goreham better. He seems to generate more excitement than Bowler, but who to be fair, when he does commentate is usually saddled with a rivetting match in front of one man and his dog at The Walks.

I prefer Goreham, as someone else said - Bowler seemed slightly behind play and there was too many long pauses

Bowler is dreadful, dreary, intolerable, nasally, sh*te, and i say that in no uncertain terms. I have to really persevere to listen to that guy, so much so that i was unaware that the game had started and ended either end of the game, unlike Goreham where every single event is highlighted in a rather dramatic and unavoidable fashion. I remember Bowler commentating last season, against Swindon i think, and as much as the game was an almost uneventful fair, i was literally watching the telly and playing guitar by the end of the first half. It wasn''t until we won the penalties that i knew how they''d gone having listened to that segment intensely, such is the void of emotion that he conveys in his voice.And the freakin'' mistakes, awful. Whatever one thinks of Goreham, you can''t deny he''s consistently decent at depicting an almost faultless picture of the game."Annnnd.... Norwich win a throwing after Chris Martin kicked it out. Walker takes the throw-in."... And so many more, and much worse, i''m sure of it, that i picked up through the nasally sound-waves of the Bowler+Adams combo.Can''t stand him, and i hope he''s spending his Saturday''s following Lowestoft from now on.

both are good enough commentators imo though the commentators voice didn''t think much of bowlers voice (lol) and I don''t actually mind the ''nonsense'' Goreham sometimes drifts into that someone mentioned above.

as for the new kid, bloody hope he doesn''t grow up to be Obese or he''s gonna be in for some stick! :P

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]both are good enough commentators imo though

the commentators voice didn''t think much of bowlers voice (lol) and I

don''t actually mind the ''nonsense'' Goreham sometimes drifts into that

someone mentioned above.

as for the new kid, bloody hope he doesn''t grow up to be Obese or he''s

gonna be in for some stick! :P[/quote]

The thing with Goreham is that he''s good at identifying the best

intervals in the passage of play for providing the updates, and rarely,

if ever from my mind, has he been interrupted whilst in the middle of

giving the scoreline updates, whilst in the 3 or 4 times Bowler did so

today he was interrupted on at least 2 occasions.

Anyway, Goreham can create a captivating vision of the game for the

mindful listener, whereas the inane tiresome drivel Bowler spouts only

comes to life every 10 or 15 minutes when the opposition look like

carving out a decent opportunity.

And it took him about half an hour to catch on to the fact that Ipswich were losing 1-0.

Goreham.  I don`t like being nasty so i`ll just say that Bowler ummm....didn`t have his best of days today.....

goreham every time ..he interacts well with adams , that bowler bloke was awful..also i don''t know who it was but some bloke at the end was going over the other results and said ipswich went a goal down but they have since pulled 1 back  but they''re  are now losing 2-0 [8-)]

The commentator today was awful, he didnt seem to know anything about our team and constantly pronouced names wrong and didnt tell us what was actually happening.

Goreham any day, he also has a better camerarderie with Adams; I guess he is on paternity leave as he is with Julie Reigner and she has been pregnant? Just a guess.

Please come back soon Chris!

[quote user="Pabs"]The commentator today was awful, he didnt seem to know anything about our team and constantly pronouced names wrong and didnt tell us what was actually happening. Goreham any day, he also has a better camerarderie with Adams; I guess he is on paternity leave as he is with Julie Reigner and she has been pregnant? Just a guess. Please come back soon Chris![/quote]

oh your going to pass it off as his are you julie ? like we agreed  [;)]

Bring back Goreham. Had to switch the guy off today as you just could not picture in your head what was happening, several times I thought one team were attacking and it was the other. Tele text was more exciting than Bowlers voice

Even though Goreham tends to go off on little tangents, he keeps up with play and his enthusiasm and the excitement he generates is infectious. I can deal with the odd tangent considering he offers so much more.

Goreham, hands down.

[quote user="ron obvious"]
Whoops. "imminent"

[/quote]

Good correction Ron. I almost thought, "Whatever next", thinking you were referring to a new word for an online baby.

Got fed up with listening to"boring Bowler" so went to Radio Five Live soccer extra and had Claridge[:#] spouting his mouth off, hence ended up going back to BB[:(][:''(]

Goreham by a country mile. He has improved greatly since he first started the job and paints a good verbal picture.

Bowler, I''m afraid is not in his class. Far too many silences.

Oh, and I know I''m correct because there was some old boy on Carrot Call who, amongst other things, thought Holt won''t make it in the Championship and praised Bowler.

Recalling the last time I commented on Bowler, I mentioned his overuse of the phrase ''once again''. Today he hardly used it so that''s an improvement.

Goreham by some distance. Bowler never seemed to convey where the play actually was and lacked Goreham''s enthusiasm. Was invariably behind the play and you could overhear another commentator who always seemed to be a second or two ahead.