Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Tactics on Saturday

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]No one missed it... it was just that nobody gave a f**k.

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]No one missed it... it was just that nobody gave a f**k.[/quote]Excellent........  [:)]

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]I like the mint ones myself.

[quote user="BushWhacker"]Sheffield United said QPR were nothing special. Got beat 3-0 at their place. Ipswich said QPR were nothing special. Got beat 3-0 at their place. Leicester said QPR were nothing special. Got beat 2-0 at their place. Palace said QPR were nothing special. Got beat 2-1 at their place. Norwich are now saying QPR are nothing special.................[/quote]

You are top of the league and I think most Norwich fans will concede it will be a tough game but your ''''not conceding'''' at home record has to go sometimes and maybe it will be Sat.

You may have peaked too early [:)]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]I like the mint ones myself.[/quote]Mmmm.... If you re-arranged TACTICS.... you could really make a mint!My wit even surprises me sometimes.

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]I like the mint ones myself.[/quote]Mmmm.... If you re-arranged TACTICS.... you could really make a mint!My wit even surprises me sometimes.[/quote]

Remember this one, Cluck:

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]TREBOR MINTS ARE A MINTY BIT STRONGER![img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img][img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]STICK ''EM UP YOUR ARSE AND THEY LAST A BIT LONGER![img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]

Tactics on Saturday? Calculating and smart.

We''re coming to expect nothing less from Paul Lambert.

Standards are rising. And expectations. And that''s good.

OTBC 

[quote user="Shyster"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Graham Humphrey"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"][quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]If you rearrange the word TACTICS .....it makes TICTACS.... like the sweeties.Nice that.[/quote]Just thought I''d re-post this little gem incase anyone missed it.Enjoy.[/quote]I like the mint ones myself.[/quote]Mmmm.... If you re-arranged TACTICS.... you could really make a mint!My wit even surprises me sometimes.[/quote]

Remember this one, Cluck:

[img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]TREBOR MINTS ARE A MINTY BIT STRONGER![img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img][img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img]STICK ''EM UP YOUR ARSE AND THEY LAST A BIT LONGER![img]http://www.pinkun.com/cs_pinkun/cs/emoticons/emotion-29.gif[/img][/quote]

Ahhh.....the good old days eh Shyster?  Can you see ITV being allowed to show that one now?  [:)]

Really can''t wait for Saturday. 2 sides that like to attack and score goals, but also 2 teams that can be very hard to break down defensively, on their day. 3000+ Norwich fans going down there, but think it''s funny they are excited about a 17000/18000 sell out, shouldn''t they be selling out every week, especially when sitting at the top?! but still set to be a cracking atmosphere. I think both teams will really go for it and could be a high scoring game, But, unfortunately I believe they''ll have a little bit too much for us, so I''ll say 3-2 to QPR, with us then returning to winning ways on Tuesday with a 3-1 win vs Palarse. Come on City!!!

[quote user="Hoopy"]I wouldn''t underestimate Lambert; similarly I wouldn''t look at Warnock''s record as an indication of how we''re playing now.

I''ve been watching us for 34 years and the football we''ve played this season is the best I can ever remember. The movement is astonishing at times (our 3rd goal v Boro for example) and we''ve become incredibly difficult to get the ball away from. The 4231 system has been honed so well that any player coming in knows their role more than they ever have before.

More importantly, we can win through pace and passing (Ipswich), digging deep (Palace), counter attacking (Leicester and Doncaster), or sheer power and technical ability (Barnsley and Scunthorpe)

Faurlin returning could be the key. He was the outstanding player before his knock, playing off Derry and passing the ball about to the front 4 with a confidence that I''ve not seen before. Similarly, Rob Hulse may well be at least on the bench and his record speaks for itself.

It''ll be a cracking atmosphere; there''s fewer than 500 tickets left in the home stands.[/quote]

I have been to see QPR three times this season, including the Boro game, and the reference to the third goal makes me believe you have not much knowledge of astonishing movement. The goal was good, but against the worst team i have seen in years. If Norwich scored that goal i wouldn''t have noted it for future reference.

Anyway, Having seen QPR i would suggest we are in for a fun game. I cannot believe they haven''t let a goal in! They have been very fortunate. It will be a really good passng game. Really don''t know which way it will go. I think the one thing to our advantage is anyone that has been to Loftus Road will know that it is a very narrow pitch which will probably play better for our system. I would actually be more concerned if the game was at home due to their strengths are on the wing.

Although people talk about Taarbat being their central figure, watching them a few times, nearly everything goes through Faulin. Really classy player that constantly switches it. We need pressure on the ball when he is in possession- something i hope Smith will be able to do- otherwise we could struggle.

[quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone know if Drury is fit ?[/quote]

Not sure but by all accounts Smith had a decent game last time against Brizzle. So we should be covered even if he isn''t. A Norwich manager with options and cover in every position? What the hell is going on!

[quote user="cityangel"]Does anyone know if Drury is fit ?[/quote]If he let his hair grow a bit he would be well fit.........Chase me...................

QPR will play a bit like Doncaster and I expect the game to be similar, except that we should have learnt from the Donnie match.  I think we will start with the diamond.

Having said that, I still think there will be a lot of room for their players 20-25 yrds out, so as long as no one does a Coppinger and Ruddy is on form we might be ok. 

I think we''re going to have to work harder when we haven''t got the ball than we''ve had to do in any game this season. I''ve little doubt that we can do it. Let''s hope Holt picks things up, he''s due a goal!

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Hoopy"]I''ve been watching us for 34 years and the football we''ve played this season is the best I can ever remember. .[/quote]

1976 Hoopy! The last 15 games of that season you won 13, drew 1, and Lost 1. Liverpool pipped you to the title by just one point. The game you lost was against us. Your third last game of the season. We beat ya 3-2. We are your bogey side. You know it and I know it! Be afraid, be very afraid[;)]

Are this lot really better than Gerry Francis, Stan Bowles, Don Masson etc?

Anyway, I''ll see you here on Sunday, win lose or draw[Y]

[/quote]

Hi Nutty - I remember that game at Carrow Rd.  Didn''t they also have an England winger....was his name something like Thomas?

Francis, Bowles etc. what a class outfit.

Dave Thomas - played with his socks rolled down.

Brilliant.

http://www.queensparkrangersfc.com/thomas.htm

Thomas was from Burnley - £165k. Are you talking about Ian Gillard? My favourite QPR player of all time, left back, cultured and positionally fantastic.

And two centrebacks, Frank McLintock and Dave Webb who will always be  remembered for their exploits with former clubs but both played a long time for QPR as I remember it. John Hollins was there then and came into that category too. In fact QPR and Norwich were similar clubs back then. We both got good service from players who were more famous for their exploits at other clubs. We got great service from Martin Peters and later Joe Royle and Mick Channon to name two more.

The goalkeeper Phil Parkes was their version of our Kevin Keelan. And the winger Dave Thomas as already mentioned. Was Don Rogers there too?

Anyway Hoopy, I find your claim that the current lot are better than that team hard to believe. In fact I think you''re a bit loopy Hoopy[;)]

Phil Parkes

Dave Clement

Ian Gillard

John Hollins

Frank McLintock

Dave Webb

Dave Thomas

Gerry Francis

Don Masson

Stan Bowles

Don Givens

Manager: Dave Sexton

Tha CLASSIC QPR Team.

And this lot are probably playing better than them.

The disaster at Doncaster that I unfortunately went to witness, was probably a blessing.....and Lambo and the team, won''t make the same mistakes.

What we mustn''t do at QPR, is sit back and attempt to soak up the pressure.....

WE need to get at them from the off....If we get an early goal and break their ''not conceded a goal at home this season record'' I do think that''ll rattle them....

It''ll be our toughest test since the onset of this season....and Warnock, Mackie and Co - will certainly be up for it....

I also really hope, that so are we.....

I think it''s going to be very competitive and physical battle.... 

(Anyway, I''m gonna have a good-time, regardless). 

Yes I saw them play. My first match was in the early 70''s. Went home and away to every match in 1975/76 when Liverpool pipped us.

Only got beaten up once (Old Trafford!)

Don Rogers was just a year or two prior to that line up.

[quote user="BushWhacker"]Yes I saw them play. My first match was in the early 70''s. Went home and away to every match in 1975/76 when Liverpool pipped us. Only got beaten up once (Old Trafford!) Don Rogers was just a year or two prior to that line up.[/quote]

Well I seriously fear for our chances tomorrow if you two are right. Our side back then included Keelan, Jones, Powell, MacDougall, Boyer, Suggett and Peters. As much as I like our team now they are nowhere near as good as the 1976 boys. Your team that year were widely acknowledged as the best in the country. Time will tell if you''re right but for now I think Hoopy''s Loopy and you''re plain bonkers[:O][;)]

Only seen QPR once, vs. Liverpool c. 1995 (my lad''s a Liverpool fan).Pitch (& ground) seemed tiny. I think the scousers won, but the main thing I remember was Andy Impey absolutely ripping them apart, only to be completely clueless once he''d done so. Gallen was good, but got outmuscled a lot.Long time ago now.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[quote user="Hoopy"]I''ve been watching us for 34 years and the football we''ve played this season is the best I can ever remember. .[/quote]

1976 Hoopy! The last 15 games of that season you won 13, drew 1, and Lost 1. Liverpool pipped you to the title by just one point. The game you lost was against us. Your third last game of the season. We beat ya 3-2. We are your bogey side. You know it and I know it! Be afraid, be very afraid[;)]

Are this lot really better than Gerry Francis, Stan Bowles, Don Masson etc?

Anyway, I''ll see you here on Sunday, win lose or draw[Y]

[/quote]

Well it''s now Monday evening and unless I missed it there''s still no sign of Loopy Hoopy and Whacky Whacker. I reckon they''re hunting out their old videos of that great 1976 team to check if the current lot really are better. My advice - start by comparing Paddy Kenny and Phil Parkes, then move through the team. Then add Rodney Marsh if you still want to prove they''re the best ever.

It''s one thing to support the current players but what you two have been claiming is like me trying to convince folk that Simon Lappin is better than Martin Peters!