Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Rooney WANTS to leave Man Utd...

[quote user="morty"]

Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[/quote]I like Holloway, but he was both wrong and hypocritical yesterday.  It''s not "the people who run football" [FIFA and EUFA] who bought in the Bosman ruling.  It was the European Court - a judgement AGAINST the EUFA rules, EUFA even appealed against the ruling.

It''s interesting that it''s not ok for a player to leave the contract early for a ''better'' opportunity, but it is ok for a manager - leaving Plymouth for Leicester saying that he''s relived to go to a "big club" where he can spend some money and that "I feel like I''ve been on EastEnders all my life and now I''m playing King Lear."

[quote user="dhickl"]

[quote user="morty"]

Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[/quote]I like Holloway, but he was both wrong and hypocritical yesterday.  It''s not "the people who run football" [FIFA and EUFA] who bought in the Bosman ruling.  It was the European Court - a judgement AGAINST the EUFA rules, EUFA even appealed against the ruling.

It''s interesting that it''s not ok for a player to leave the contract early for a ''better'' opportunity, but it is ok for a manager - leaving Plymouth for Leicester saying that he''s relived to go to a "big club" where he can spend some money and that "I feel like I''ve been on EastEnders all my life and now I''m playing King Lear."

[/quote]

I think it was a big bluff from  the start by Rooney and his agent to screw a bigger pay cheque, he knew other clubs would come running,and he held the club to ransom knowing he was holdig all the cards   

Great rant by Holloway, love the guy.

Hope that the fans give Rooney hell when he nexts plays, overpaid, greedy,arrogant , oversexed pratt. [:@]

Agree with cityangel.

This is no small part of the reason why football is in the state it''s in. Can''t imagine Ferguson has been particularly pleased with the way things have panned out.