Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Rooney WANTS to leave Man Utd...

I see Rooney has released an official statement tonight saying he doesn''t think Man Utd can match his ambition any longer or attract quality players to the club.

Shame for Alex Ferguson who''s obviously upset but I''m sure they''ll find a good replacement and will be well rid of the gobby, overpaid and oversexed pillock..

Welcome back Wizard [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

Yes, but he has to be.  I''m a big Sir Alec Ferguson fan, I think he is a fantastic and inspirational manager.

Now, if you want a hypocrite, Arsene Wenger basically tried to ruin Martin Taylor''s career, and yet didn''t see Jack Wilshere''s horrendous "sliding tackle" on Saturday...

[/quote]Find me a football manager (or anyone else involved in football, fans included) who isn''t a massive hypocrite. Fergie and Wenger are as bad as each other although at least Wenger doesn''t continually lie to his own fans.Before we''re too quick to dismiss Rooney''s concerns about Uniteds ambitions not matching his own as just a cover story for wanting more money* it would be wise to check out their spending over the past year and their current financial situation. Fergie claims that he has not spent the money from the sale of Ronaldo as there has been ''no value in the market'' but this is blatantly bullsh*t. He lost over forty goals when Ronaldo and Tevez were sold and replaced them with perma-crock Michael Owen on a free. This was at a time when Barca were desparate to get rid of Samuel Eto'' (they practically gave him away to Inter) and the likes of Robben and Schneider were available for knock down prices.United are skint and Fergie is a big, fat liar. He is rapidly turning into the the Glazers very own Comical Ali. Maybe Rooney has more intelligence than we give him credit for.* I note there are a couple of ex-Norwich legends currently suggesting this on Twitter. Very cynical lads [;)]

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

Yes, but he has to be.  I''m a big Sir Alec Ferguson fan, I think he is a fantastic and inspirational manager.

Now, if you want a hypocrite, Arsene Wenger basically tried to ruin Martin Taylor''s career, and yet didn''t see Jack Wilshere''s horrendous "sliding tackle" on Saturday...

[/quote]Find me a football manager (or anyone else involved in football, fans included) who isn''t a massive hypocrite. Fergie and Wenger are as bad as each other although at least Wenger doesn''t continually lie to his own fans.Before we''re too quick to dismiss Rooney''s concerns about Uniteds ambitions not matching his own as just a cover story for wanting more money* it would be wise to check out their spending over the past year and their current financial situation. Fergie claims that he has not spent the money from the sale of Ronaldo as there has been ''no value in the market'' but this is blatantly bullsh*t. He lost over forty goals when Ronaldo and Tevez were sold and replaced them with perma-crock Michael Owen on a free. This was at a time when Barca were desparate to get rid of Samuel Eto'' (they practically gave him away to Inter) and the likes of Robben and Schneider were available for knock down prices.United are skint and Fergie is a big, fat liar. He is rapidly turning into the the Glazers very own Comical Ali. Maybe Rooney has more intelligence than we give him credit for.* I note there are a couple of ex-Norwich legends currently suggesting this on Twitter. Very cynical lads [;)][/quote]I''m sure Wayne Rooney is very well advised, but I don''t think any football fan can dismiss Alec Ferguson''s achievements in domestic and international football.  And find me a manager who doesn''t constantly lie to his or her own fans....

Look Fergie and Rooney both know Rooney is a shot force - he''s rapidly putting on weight, he''s getting injuries as a result and is never going to be able to play anywhere near the intensity he used to at Premier / Champions league level again.  Both are just trying to get as much money out a transfer as possible.  Smoke and mirrors.Welcome back Wiz - guess your reappearance with the emergence of this new style forum style is not a coincidence - you''ve not been involved in it have you?

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

I''m sure Wayne Rooney is very well advised, but I don''t think any football fan can dismiss Alec Ferguson''s achievements in domestic and international football.  And find me a manager who doesn''t constantly lie to his or her own fans....[/quote]No-one is arguing that. What is hilarious (as Oscar Wilde said about the death of Little Nell: "It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.") is Ferguson suddenly wondering what happened to some specious notion of loyalty when over several decades he has built his managerial career specifically by suborning that supposed sense of loyalty in players he wanted to purchase. And in particular Rooney, whose "loyalty" to Everton - the club that made him as a player - he happily bought off.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I don''t think any football fan can dismiss Alec Ferguson''s achievements in domestic and international football.  And find me a manager who doesn''t constantly lie to his or her own fans....[/quote]I wasn''t dismissing his achievements. It''s difficult to do that when they can only truly be measured in trophies won. IMO there''s a big difference between keeping fans in the dark about a players injury, personal circumstances etc.and being economical with the truth about the financial stability of the club as a whole. Do you think Sir Alex really believes that Michael Owen was the best striker available to him the pre-season before last and that the only reason he didn''t spend more of the Ronaldo money was that there was ''no value in the market''.It''s sad to see such a great manager reduced to blowing smoke up the arses of a bunch of American leeches who have no interest in the club or it''s traditions. Couldn''t happen to a nicer bunch though [;)]

[quote user="First Wizard"]

Personaly, I have no time for Rooney, however, his beautiful, well stacked wife is another matter entirely:

[img]http://www.fashionwag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/Coleen.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

Where have you been Wiz?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]What is hilarious (as Oscar Wilde said about the death of Little Nell:

"It would take a heart of stone not to laugh.") is Ferguson suddenly

wondering what happened to some specious notion of loyalty when over

several decades he has built his managerial career specifically by

suborning that supposed sense of loyalty in players he wanted to

purchase. And in particular Rooney, whose "loyalty" to Everton - the

club that made him as a player - he happily bought off.[/quote]If Ferguson is uncomfortable with the idea that the best want to be somewhere else, then maybe he should think about quitting while he''s ahead.  Rooney has basically decided that he doesn''t want to play for a club whose finances are determined by the economics of the real world.  Quite apt for a cartoon character.  So if not Man City, he will find himself and Madrid or Barcelona, who have access to seemingly endless debt.

The bottom line is that Rooney is right. Man Utd are in financial decline due to the model inflicted on it five years ago by the current owners. It was known then and well-publicised that it would cost over 40 million pounds a year just to service the buyout debt and that this would thus be money that would thus be unavailable for transfers. Man Utd, with an ageing squad and lack of transfer funds available are heading the way Liverpool were before Henry stepped in, and Man City are now set to take over as the major team in Manchester and England IMO.  

I am rather enjoying seeing these big clubs ''struggling'' (clearly the term is relative). I think the whole league will eat itself in time, and just what the greedy lot deserve in my op.

Maybe a real competion with more clubs in with a chance will eventually emerge in the coming years. Not holding my breath though!

If Manchester United and Liverpool find themselves unable to compete then maybe this will be the catalyst for a change of direction in the Premier league. Afterall it was the greed of these clubs in the first place that caused the breakaway. They may now decide they don''t want the monster that they very much helped create. They may decide that they don''t agree with football clubs being financed by huge personal fortunes. They may make a complete u turn and campaign for a much fairer distribution of tv money. Now wouldn''t that be a turn up for the books?

[quote]Maybe a real competion with more clubs in with a chance will eventually

emerge in the coming years. Not holding my breath though![/quote]To find out when that might happen, you have to ask yourself the questions "Who many rich idiots are there in the world, and how long will it take for them to spend their money ?".Sadly there is always another rich idiot.

Clearly the weight of his now under-used testicles is slowing him down....Another two years and he''ll be just another ugly overweight pisshead scouser blaming the world for his demise.

My view is that in due course a decision will be made by the authorities that wages paid must relate to a club''s turnover. When this happens we will once again return to a much more level playing field and a far more competitive football industry which can only be for the long-term good of the game. At the moment we run the risk of seeing Man City dominate English football for many years to come purely due to a multi-billionaire who can outbid any other club in the world for the best players by paying a ridiculous weekly wage of 500K.

That is so funny, he just works himself up! Imagine being in the dressing room as a player if you haven''t performed to the best of your ability???!!!

[quote user="Cluckbert Chase"]He should be emptying bins as his scumbag attitude and ignorance deserves....
[/quote]

Absolutely. Who''d give the plug ugly fat little scouse a second glance in the real world?

Daniel Taylor at The Guardian has just tweeted that United are about to release a statement confirming that Rooney is staying at the club.

Gone in the summer?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]An excellent brinkmanship strategy by Rooney (or his agents) to get a higher salary.[/quote]Very surprised Ferguson has put up with such behaviour.Shirt sales have clearly become more important than the managers position in the whole thing.Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]An excellent brinkmanship strategy by Rooney (or his agents) to get a higher salary.[/quote]Very surprised Ferguson has put up with such behaviour.Shirt sales have clearly become more important than the managers position in the whole thing.Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[/quote]Rooney is United''s last remaining star name, so I suppose Ferguson had little choice to take him back.As for Holloway- I disagree with those comments (but the interview was fantastic). You cannot compare a car or a house to a footballer- they are human beings, after all, and keeping their registration against their will when their contract is up is not right.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]An excellent brinkmanship strategy by Rooney (or his agents) to get a higher salary.[/quote]Very surprised Ferguson has put up with such behaviour.Shirt sales have clearly become more important than the managers position in the whole thing.Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[/quote]Rooney is United''s last remaining star name, so I suppose Ferguson had little choice to take him back.As for Holloway- I disagree with those comments (but the interview was fantastic). You cannot compare a car or a house to a footballer- they are human beings, after all, and keeping their registration against their will when their contract is up is not right.[/quote]Yeah, some of the comparisons were a bit out of left field, but I agree basically with what he was saying.This whole thing has been engineered by an agent who will make a massive amount of money, and it has been done in the public eye to maximise the publicity and generate outcry from the fans.All a bit tasteless, considering Rooney is already a multi millionaire and hardly needs more money.

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="morty"][quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"]An excellent brinkmanship strategy by Rooney (or his agents) to get a higher salary.[/quote]Very surprised Ferguson has put up with such behaviour.Shirt sales have clearly become more important than the managers position in the whole thing.Holloway had it completely right in his rant yesterday!

[/quote]Rooney is United''s last remaining star name, so I suppose Ferguson had little choice to take him back.As for Holloway- I disagree with those comments (but the interview was fantastic). You cannot compare a car or a house to a footballer- they are human beings, after all, and keeping their registration against their will when their contract is up is not right.[/quote]Holloway is a real football man and a great campaigner for the grassroot game. I love the bloke in a manly no bottom way.As for comparing a modern footballer to a car etc.... they are a commodity bought and sold and if they want to be seen as ''human'' they should try acting as such.

[quote user="morty"]This whole thing has been engineered by an agent who will make a massive amount of money, and it has been done in the public eye to maximise the publicity and generate outcry from the fans.All a bit tasteless, considering Rooney is already a multi millionaire and hardly needs more money.[/quote]Pretty much. But are any of us surprised?

[quote user="Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man"][quote user="morty"]This whole thing has been engineered by an agent who will make a massive amount of money, and it has been done in the public eye to maximise the publicity and generate outcry from the fans.All a bit tasteless, considering Rooney is already a multi millionaire and hardly needs more money.[/quote]Pretty much. But are any of us surprised?[/quote]I am a little, considering how much Rooney whined about it, this U-turn has made him look a bit daft. But then, he''s thick as mince, and was clearly acting under orders from his agent.I wonder how much of a pay rise he managed to negotiate?

I don''t think manure will dominate the game as much over the next 20 years, obviously they''ll be in the top four but they have far to many top players coming to the end of their careers at the same time who will be almost impossible to replace. Add to that the fact that Ferguson will surely soon retire and will be very difficult to replace, it''s will take a very special manager to carry out the amount of rebuilding needed at the theatre of bullpoo and continue winning trophies the way they have been doing.

From the information I have received today Wayne Rooney will still be a United player in January and on the first day for the season next year!

In getting Rooneys signature, I''m guessing that Ferguson has just doubled the players'' price.  So he either gets to keep a potentially world class, but stroppy player who is no longer "unhappy", whatever that means for the duration of the contract, or he gets to double the players sale price should he regain his form.And in the mean time Ferguson can moan to the press about how the game has changed, if anyone will listen...