Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Forum arguments....

I''m as guilty as any when it comes to arguments on here, but it really is getting out of hand.....

When talking online, its easy to go over the top on what you are trying to say (again i do this...) but if you look at the Paddy Kenny and Crystal palace on tuesday evening thread, they are full of arguments (well the Paddy kenny just on the last page)..

We are all Norwich fans, so we should all be able to get along well, and agree to disagree. If someone thinks Grant Holt is off form, but someone else thinks he is doing great, fine, put your points across, but it just seems to be getting far to hostile....

Shall we all try and be a bit more friendly :P :D

[quote user="Gingerpele"]I''m as guilty as any when it comes to arguments on here, but it really is getting out of hand..... When talking online, its easy to go over the top on what you are trying to say (again i do this...) but if you look at the Paddy Kenny and Crystal palace on tuesday evening thread, they are full of arguments (well the Paddy kenny just on the last page).. We are all Norwich fans, so we should all be able to get along well, and agree to disagree. If someone thinks Grant Holt is off form, but someone else thinks he is doing great, fine, put your points across, but it just seems to be getting far to hostile.... Shall we all try and be a bit more friendly :P :D[/quote]

Lets all have a hug and a cup of tea and mutually praise each other[:^)]

Shut up moron

Thats what happens on un moderated sites and this is definately the most hostile site I go on,which is why I seldom post on here.

To many posters ready tojump down your throat for daring to disagree, I''m afraid.

I’ve been on following this forum for about 6 years now and I have enjoyed reading a lot of the posts over the years and occasionally cast my opinion, but the last year or so I sometimes wonder why i bother. Endless posts about the same thing, people unable to hold a constructive debate without calling each other a C"*t and sadly I think this is now starting to reflect in the stands as well. Young kids now think it’s ok to gob off without thinking of the consequences or what they are actually saying - anyway probably time for this Grand-pa to go to bed (and I’m only 26).

And that ptoves my point, it only took 3 posts forsomeone to be called a moron!

When it comes to football, everyone has there opinion. It''s great to hear people opinions when they match yours, and I love the banter with people who have differing opinions to yours. But there is no need to lose a rag over it, because neither party will change their opinion.

Whats your problem norfolkbroadslim? Can''t you have a conversation/debate without insulting someone? (someone you don''t know, and will probably never see....)

You need to get out in the real world and spend less time on the computer if you seriously think anything here is hostile.

99% of the people who throw abuse on here would not dare to say those sorts of things face to face. It just would''nt happen.

but the anonimty of the web just bloats the ego of the keyboard warriors. if they had to put a photo and their real names on posts, it would stop overnight.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Whats your problem norfolkbroadslim? Can''t you have a conversation/debate without insulting someone? (someone you don''t know, and will probably never see....)[/quote]

[:)][}]

What I actually said was...read carefully....this is the most hostile site (this is the bit) I GO ON!

get it now?

Yes, because when i go out in the streets of Norwich or Canterbury, everything is really bad, can''t move more than 5 meters without someone calling you a moron, or throwing something at you.....

What a moronic op that was.

If we all just agree with each other than this would no longer be a forum of debate then would it…

Why doesnt anyone what is actually written?

No one has said ''we must agree'' just no need for the insults...is that to hard to understand?

I dont think aggression is anything that can be conveyed over the internet, it just doesnt work

I do see what your syaing though GP, but if someone is targeting you on here, its easy to ignore it just as you would an abusive drunk on the street - if someone feels the need to lamely abuse your posts, swear, act tough over the internet or whatever theres not much you can do to stop them, only make them worse by taking the bait, and if thats what they do in their free time they probably aren''t worth arguing with.

I wouldn''t say this forum has a particularly bad vibe to it, sometimes people seem to delve into their abusive one liner insults (while forever quoting each other and taking up pages of threads) but its always a two way thing, and doesn''t take any effort to skip over and ignore.

[quote user="mtv"]Why doesnt anyone what is actually written? No one has said ''we must agree'' just no need for the insults...is that to hard to understand?[/quote]

....and, too often, why doesn''t the writer read what they actually write? [:D]

[quote user="The Arthur Whittle Show Starring Jedward"]Awwww, bless. God some people really need to grow some balls.[/quote]Indeed.And I am quite happy to discuss anything over a pint with anyone here in the real world.[:)]

thats the point for me Morty...

99.9999% of the time, if people on here were to meet in real life then nothing would be said and it would be civil.

However when people get behind a keyboard they are ''faceless'' and this often leads to problems....

I think the OP has a point but because of the huge amount of people on this website, people feel you have to be contreversial to get recognised...you can see this when certain people are either too enthusiastic to post or post very little but very abrupt and too the point.

Its what makes the Pink Un Message board, the Pink Un message board....if you know what i mean.

Good place this Pink Un Messageboard. [Y]

I reckon mtv is just upset because she didn''t want to know on Saturday.....

She got your emails, you just don''t get females now, do you? What''s in her heart is not in your head, anyway. Mate, you''re too late and you weren''t worth the wait, now were you? It''s out of her hands since you blew your chance on soccer am...

You''ll have to cry her out.....

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

Good place this Pink Un Messageboard. [Y]

I reckon mtv is just upset because she didn''t want to know on Saturday.....

She got your emails, you just don''t get females now, do you? What''s in her heart is not in your head, anyway. Mate, you''re too late and you weren''t worth the wait, now were you? It''s out of her hands since you blew your chance on soccer am...You''ll have to cry her out.....

[/quote]Lol, have you been sucking the beer towels again?[;)]

[quote user="Give Peas a Chance "]thats the point for me Morty...

99.9999% of the time, if people on here were to meet in real life then nothing would be said and it would be civil.

However when people get behind a keyboard they are ''faceless'' and this often leads to problems....

I think the OP has a point but because of the huge amount of people on this website, people feel you have to be contreversial to get recognised...you can see this when certain people are either too enthusiastic to post or post very little but very abrupt and too the point.

Its what makes the Pink Un Message board, the Pink Un message board....if you know what i mean.[/quote]I am actually a really nice guy in real life (ask anyone that has met me off here lol) but because I am outspoken on here I attract certain types of keyboard warrior idiot that feel they need to somehow get the better of me to enhance their own forum kudos. I''d still meet any of them for a beer though. Anyone who gets wound up by forums needs to look top right of their screen to the white X in the little red box.And my rule is that if you act like a dick, don''t be moaning if  I call you one.[:)]

Ginger pele...........Please........ stop writing........

like this ................

Gingerpele has a point. Some of the comments directed towards some posters is definiteley unwarranted IMO. Perhaps this board is a victim of its own success. I understand that we won''t/don''t all have the same opinions and that is the whole idea of a discussion board.

We don''t want to become another WOTB though do we?

[quote user="Mello Yello"]

[quote user="ThorpeCanary"]whos buying morty?[/quote]

I''ll give you 17 pence for him....

[/quote]Meh, before the economic turndown, my value actually peaked at 29 pence.[:(]