Sign in to follow this  
Jarroldstander

Bad news...Strachan could be leaving Middlesbrough

Holding crisis talks with chairman at the moment which is a shame as Boro were simply awful against Leeds on Saturday. Last thing we need is a team of players fighting for their futures. Saying that though, we should be able to pick up three points against them.

In my view if he leaves will make our game against them much, much harder. They have a decent squad who will climb the table i''m sure if they get a decent manager in. If that happens before saturday then we would have a rweal fight on our hands.

Hopefully he''ll get a vote of confidence and we can finish him off!

[quote user="Jim Smith"]

In my view if he leaves will make our game against them much, much harder. They have a decent squad who will climb the table i''m sure if they get a decent manager in. If that happens before saturday then we would have a rweal fight on our hands.

Hopefully he''ll get a vote of confidence and we can finish him off!

[/quote]We done it to paulo souza whyy not gordon aswell hey?!

Gibson gives his Managers time (but perhaps he thought he gave Southgate too much time-on the other hand, they were doing well when he sacked him!) so wonder if the talks are being held at Strachan''s behest, especially with all the talk about Mowbray ready and waiting to take the job if needed?

We should be looking to beat them regardless of whether he is there or not, of course-but its always difficult playing a club when the Manager has just left, with everyone playing for their futures-although some of their players might want out anyway, and not be too bothered.

As Jim has said, lets hope he gets until the end of the month, else gives himself until the end of the month, and we persuade him that he might want to do a spot of gardening!

I doubt it will make much difference to be honest. They''ve got a squad full of duff Scotsmen, and they''ll still be duff Scotsmen whoever takes over.

They remind me a lot of us a few seasons ago.

On BBC site, left without compensation.

Why does this always happen just before we are due to play such a team?  Always fires the opposition up.

What price Lambert next Boro manager?

They are playing Nottingham Forest at the City Ground tommorow night, I''ll be there as my friend has a spare ticket going - so will see what sort of performance they pull out

Why would Lambert even want to think about going there? Won''t happen, they have no fans, it is the worst place in England to live (source..a poll not my view) and he loves it here!!

I was thinking that on the way home from work tonight, shame they got rid of Strachan as I am sure, useless players or not, they will be better organised and motivated now.  Also I''m sure the new manager will have funds in January to improve.

Its the same with Pompey in a way, the teams who have played them before the last couple of weeks played a shambles of a team, but now I reckon they will give any team in this league a good game, pity we still have to play them twice.

[quote user="Rupethebear"]Why would Lambert even want to think about going there? Won''t happen, they have no fans, it is the worst place in England to live (source..a poll not my view) and he loves it here!![/quote]

Closer to his family but doubt it will happen

Does this mean its going to be harder to beat them next week!! New manager syndrome and all that. Players seem to really pick it up when a manager is fired. Playing for there future and all.

Only 10 games in. Poor start though. I remember 12 months ago NCFC fans thing he may be coming to us! We definitely got the best deal getting King Lambert!

I had been expecting them to pick up soon and think Strachan''s resignation was a little premature.

The fan''s were getting impatient though, because expectations were originally so high.

A bit of a puzzle all-round.

Please no PL/Middlesborough posts please, even though the NE is much nearer to Scotland. Ugh!

Nah, 3 points easy. Strachan leaving is still the beginning of what i predict will be a long journey for them that ends in league 1. Parachute payments running out, no wealthy owners to help out, a cost base they can''t support and plummeting attendances. And now, a squad with no loyalty to the club that no manager is going to want to work with. Does it sound familiar? Imagine the position we were in but take away our 20k attendances and support from the owners, even small amounts, and that''s where they are now.I heard Gibson - who i like - saying last night that the ''boro job is one of the biggest outside the premiership. Well it might have been the season after they were relegated but it ''aint now. Whatever happens in our game with them, they goin'' daaaan!