Sign in to follow this  
Smudger

Grrr Smudger running to the East Anglian Derby

[quote user="Smudger"]

I was wondering how it went for Brendo too Chopsy.  I decided to give it a miss, as I was feeling a bit tired today, although I may give it another go next Saturday.  Top 30 sounds really good going, what was your time?

Thanks to Marty and Nutty for their kind donations over the lasr week... [:)]  If anybody else wishes to donate then plenty of time still to do so (links in my sig below).

Also an article about my running in todays Evening News http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich_man_s_13_mile_dash_to_see_canaries_play_1_726007 how embarassing (at least they saved the worst picture for print)

[/quote]Just over 21 minutes, which is my 2nd worst time but I haven''t trained all week, have been working 11-12 hour days and have a 13 week old baby so I suppose I should chill the f*ck out and enjoy it.In the overall top 10 for the league.Now, I trust this weekend will be your last long run and you''ll wind down next week with a couple of gentle 6 milers?

I am Brendan, but sadly did not run. [:(]

I just didn''t feel like it, but sort of regret it now. I wanted the lie-in as I normally get just one a week. I wish I had, but I guess I was a little nervous too. I have my 10k next Sunday so I should have done it, but I will go for a run tonight or tomorrow. Sounds like you did well Chops. [Y] and lookin'' good Smudge. [:)]

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

I was wondering how it went for Brendo too Chopsy.  I decided to give it a miss, as I was feeling a bit tired today, although I may give it another go next Saturday.  Top 30 sounds really good going, what was your time?

Thanks to Marty and Nutty for their kind donations over the lasr week... [:)]  If anybody else wishes to donate then plenty of time still to do so (links in my sig below).

Also an article about my running in todays Evening News http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news/norwich_man_s_13_mile_dash_to_see_canaries_play_1_726007 how embarassing (at least they saved the worst picture for print)

[/quote]Just over 21 minutes, which is my 2nd worst time but I haven''t trained all week, have been working 11-12 hour days and have a 13 week old baby so I suppose I should chill the f*ck out and enjoy it.In the overall top 10 for the league.Now, I trust this weekend will be your last long run and you''ll wind down next week with a couple of gentle 6 milers?

[/quote]21 minutes is pretty good Chops... [Y]  I would be happy with getting down to that, but would like to think I could get under 20 mins on a good day.  I think conditions have been a little difficult the last couple of weeks?  What is your best ever time for the Parkrun course?I done the full 13.1 miles in 1 hour 49 mins on Wednesday.  Seeing as I haven''t had much time since then and I couldn''t be bothered to shift out of bed Saturday morning, I have only done a 4.1 mile run this evening which loosened my tight legs up a little.  My left shin is a little sore at the minute, along with the left calf and the top of both legs.  I feel a little better after tonights run though.  I have felt so tired the last couple of days, possibly down to a flu jab which I had on Thursday as well as the long run last week and the 12.5 mile one which I done about 10 days prior to that.

I am hoping to do another run tomorrow.  Maybe back from the Norfolk and Norwich to mine, which I guess would be around another 4+ miles?  I was then planning to do about 8 miles on Weds/Thurs if my legs can manage it, followed by possibly the Parkrun again on Saturday morning prior to the Leeds game.  I was then thinking of just doing a couple of gentle 4 mile runs to keep me ticking over during the last week, with my last run before the race possibly being on the Weds or Thurs.  Does that sound ok to you, or does it sound too much?

[quote user="morty"]Just took you over your target mate, good luck with it.[/quote]Yes I did notice Morty.  Thanks very much for that! [:D]

The CF Trust still needs a few backers for those of you who haven''t sponsored me yet.  So if you have no preference over which charity to back then please put your money towards this one.  Diabetes UK could always do with a bit more money than the £300 I targetted myself to raise for them also.

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Hey Chopsy, are you doing the Parkrun this Saturday?Question for you... Do I use the same barcode that I received when registering for every race?

Do you feel confident mate?

I completed my second race, again 10k, in Southwold on Sunday. [:)] I also met Steve Cram, who I wasn''t aware of until my Papa pointed him out, haha. I recognised his voice (from the London Marathon commentary) but not him. I did my previous 10k in 1 hour 7 mins, and did this in about 59 mins 45 I think, which I was delighted with, beating my 1hr target. [:)] I know still pretty darn slow, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

[quote user="Brendo "]

Do you feel confident mate?

I completed my second race, again 10k, in Southwold on Sunday. [:)] I also met Steve Cram, who I wasn''t aware of until my Papa pointed him out, haha. I recognised his voice (from the London Marathon commentary) but not him. I did my previous 10k in 1 hour 7 mins, and did this in about 59 mins 45 I think, which I was delighted with, beating my 1hr target. [:)] I know still pretty darn slow, but I enjoyed it thoroughly.

[/quote]

It doesn''t sound that bad a time Brendo and at least you are improving upon your own personal bests, which has to be the main thing.

I was confident, until the snow came.  I am hoping that we have seen the worst of it now and that we have no snow and ice by Sunday morning.
I was starting to worry that I might need ski''s or skates instead of running shoes.  I am worried about the safety of the course if the weather stays bad, or gets any worse.  If it does go ahead in bad conditions then I expect that I will have real difficulty to better my previous time of 1 hour 49 mins in training.  I tried to go for my last run before the race yesterday and couldn''t due to it being far too icy.  I am about to have another attempt in a few minutes, so fingers crossed...

Thanks to "and Smith must score" for his kind donation the other day.  If anybody else would still like to sponsor me then the links to the justgiving sites can be found in my signature below...

Thank you to everybody for all of their support so far!

Due to the snow, the race has today been postponed until the New Year (date to be confirmed).

I think that it was definitely the right choice to make as the course would''ve most certainly been unsafe.  I guess I will now have to pick up my training again and go through the whole process once more?  What joy!!!

Oh well at least it now frees me up to enjoy derby day at my leisure

Unlucky Smudge. Who could have foreseen this? Snow in November is rare in this part of the world. We''ll all reconvene with our donations in the new year. The only downside I can see for you is you will have to go a bit easy on the festive food and drink.

I''m really gutted for you Smudge. I know how much effort you put into training for the race and getting sponsorship.

Stick at it my friend, keep us all informed about your progress and I''m sure we''ll all try and get you even more sponsorship for the revised date.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Due to the snow, the race has today been postponed until the New Year (date to be confirmed).

I think that it was definitely the right choice to make as the course would''ve most certainly been unsafe.  I guess I will now have to pick up my training again and go through the whole process once more?  What joy!!!

Oh well at least it now frees me up to enjoy derby day at my leisure

[/quote]The right decision, I''m sure.  Just need to keep yourself limber for the new year now, Smudge - see you at Parkrun!  (Yes, you always use the same barcode - that''s "your" barcode for the duration).

I agree that it is defo the right decision for them to postpone it Chopsy.  Only a complete fool would want to risk running in that and I hope that I don''t quite qualify for the complete fool status just yet (although I will openly admit that I have earnt a few stripes with regards to that over the years)???

I can''t believe it, I have even jinxed the Norwich Half Marathon!

Happy that I will hopefully be able to run it in conditions that will be more suitable to achieving a decent time.  Not so happy that I felt that I was in reasonably good condition and ready for the race.  Guess I will have to see what they have planned for us in the New Year now?