Sign in to follow this  
ca

Lets discuss Grant Holt

To be fair, when the thread was started, he wasn''t exactly in great form.Most people were fairly "common sense" in their criticism.

Holt is now the 5th highest scorer in the league, and just 4 goals behind Jay Bothroyd - the England international.

He has also risen to 38th on the ''Actim Index''.

All this despite not being in anything like decent form for the first dozen matches.

If we can keep him fit, he could get 20 goals this season. He looks lethal at the moment, and looks likely to score at least once in every match!

Top scorer in May, and an England call-up as we get promoted!?! :p

[quote user="morty"]To be fair, when the thread was started, he wasn''t exactly in great form.

[/quote]

Thanks Morty but I don''t think I don''t think I''ll ever be forgiven for starting this thread although my opening post did clearly say '''' we love him to bits''''

Hopefully now that I''ve sat on the naughty step for over 2 months I''ll be forgiven for asking posters to discuss whether he''ll be up to it in the championship, because now he''s fully fit and firing on all cylinders he''s proved my little doubts were unfounded. [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="morty"]To be fair, when the thread was started, he wasn''t exactly in great form.

[/quote]

Thanks Morty but I don''t think I don''t think I''ll ever be forgiven for starting this thread although my opening post did clearly say '''' we love him to bits''''

Hopefully now that I''ve sat on the naughty step for over 2 months I''ll be forgiven for asking posters to discuss whether he''ll be up to it in the championship, because now he''s fully fit and firing on all cylinders he''s proved my little doubts were unfounded. [:)]

[/quote]You have been a very very naughty girl, i hope u have learn''t your lesson[;)]

Nice to see Holty back on top top form[Y] OTBC

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Team

TOT

Van Persie Arsenal 15

Aguero Man City 11

Ba Newcastle 11

Rooney Man Utd 11

Dzeko Man City 10

Yakubu Blackburn 9

Adebayor Tottenham 8

Balotelli Man City 8

Sturridge Chelsea 8

Holt Norwich 7

Klasnic Bolton 7

Lampard Chelsea 7

Defoe Tottenham 6

Fletcher Wolverhampton 6

Helguson QPR 6

[quote user="Making Plans"]Maybe, but form is temporary, class is permanent[/quote]

As proven today when facing away from goal and completely surrounded by Everton players Holt simply turned and scored because he wanted to.

[quote user="cityangel"]

I know we''ve had a good result today against the top of the league so it seems harsh to cast doubt on anyone''s peformance plus I know that Holt was immense for us last season, we love him to bits and he''s scored some great goals in the past.

I also appreciate that he works hard, puts himself about and holds the ball up well but ................ either he''s still not fit so should he be playing or maybe he''s going to find goals hard to come by in this league. Also I dont understand why he spends so much time on the wings when he should be in the box?????

I know he did great for us last season but this league is a whole different ball game for him so do you think he''ll cut it in the championship or do you think like me that we need to get an experienced championship striker in on loan to give him competition or play instead of him with Martin or Jackson if he isnt cutting the mustard?

Whats your  thoughts ?

[/quote]

Dear City Angel,

I have just spoken to Kathy and told her that Mister C has dragged up this thread of yours and she has promised to be along sometime today and add her views.Be afraid,be very afraid.

Tilly xx[:$]

Now now Tilly, you mischief maker you. I wasn''t criticising any previous posters on this thread, I merely wanted to add some objective information on Grant Holt''s performance so far this season in the form of the Premier League top goalscorers table.

I don''t know! Dragging up old posts to show how wrong they were. Whatever next!! Oh.... I know... what about the posts where "ipswich are showing ambition...Evans... Keane... Scotland... wish we were more like that!"

Grant Holt for England..................according to Stan Colleymore! He''s been singing City''s praises all weekend.

Might be a slightly ambitious statement but on current form.....who knows?

If he carrys on scoring like he does, there will be a strong argument that he is given a go for England.  If he got twenty goals during the season - why not the Euro squad. 

An English striker - on form and scoring is what England needs. If he earns a call over the course of the season and is doing better than the other English strikers, good luck to him, he will have earnt it.

I hope he does because it means he will have scored lots more goals  for Norwich.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]Can''t see the Euro squad, but I''d give him the captaincy of the Olympic team.[/quote]

I''d make him King of the world!

Sadly I don''t think it matters how well he does this year, he will not be selected because he is not at the right club or a fashionable player, but don''t worry Grant we really really F''ing love ya!

7 goals already, say he bundles in another 10, surely he''d have to go to the euros. Who''s ahead of him? Rooney, bent, welbeck, sturridge, defoe any more?

http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun/cs/forums/3/1772464/ShowPost.aspx#1772464

I think he''s outweighed everyones expectations. When we signed him some on this thread thought 400,000 was too much.

Well done and keep going Grant Holt!

[quote user="Brendo"]

Why on earth does he always go out wide? I think he is massively over rated by many of our fans. I really do. He stays in the middle last night and scores a goal, brilliant. So he thinks he will go out wide after just proving to himself and everybody else he is much better in the middle. He''s not especially quick, not especially agile so why does he really want to be a winger?He has took his 3 goals this season very well, but he really annoys me. He is so bloody lazy aswell! Just stands there, and wins nothing in the air.

God he annoys me, but we can''t drop our captain really. I say if he is playing poor, just sub him (every game).

This is just my views, feel free to have a go at me for being a squeaky little child with no friends, but if you want to prove you have any sense at all please have a go at me by counter acting my argument with some footballing relating language. Thanks.

[/quote]This is quite hilarious."I think he is massively overated  by many of our fans." A personal favourite [:D]

[quote user="I am a Banana"]DROP HIM, I DONT CARE HOW GOOD HE WAS LAST SEASON IF HE THINKS HE DOESN''T HAVE TO TRY IN THE PRE MATCH WARM UP AND STILL GET A PLACE HE NEEDS A KICK UP THE BACK SIDE AND WE NEED SOME COMP FOR PLACES AS A TARGET MAN![/quote]Oh my god it gets better!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The emperor''s new clothes spring to mind. Yet again Holt was totally dominated in the air, and contributed very little on the deck, but still the excuses for him pour onto this forum.

Great work ethic, but not good enough to be the primary striker in a team aiming to reach the Premiership. Harsh, maybe, but true.

[/quote]HA!

Let him who hath no sin cast the first stone.

I would leave your rockery intact for the moment, heh.