Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Live matchday coverage - Norwich City v Coventry City

Join Michael Bailey - plus a guest tweeter providing live updates as they happen from Carrow Road - and thousands of others, on the live coverage from the ground from 12.15pm at:www.pinkun.com/liveOur man at the ground still has to stick to the ten minute intervals as per the DataCo agreement but your comments and questions will appear throughout the game.The window on the right will be from those tweeting at the game with a #ncfc hashtag.So, if you can''t make the game and want an independent and interactive view of the game from someone actually there then join us....

Pete, is there no way we can link up with the text coverage on the official site somehow?  I notice that they had regular updates during the Palace match?

I assume that the cost of providing (buying the rights to) the live updates has been looked at and deemed not to be worth it.  I don''t know how much this would cost, but it really is a massive miss.

The number of people logging on previously for the live updates was huge, especially for the away games.  Could the cost of this not be off-set by a small one-off fee or perhaps even better by selling advertising space on the live updates page during matches.  Premium games for example away to Ipswich the advertising could be sold at a premium due to the huge amount of people logging in.

Just a few ideas, and as I say, I am missing it massively this season.

[:)]

a) how much is the license ?  10 thousand a year ?b) Would people pay 50p per game for live updates ?  Some outside the Radio Norfolk Catchment area might.If it''s 10 k a year for the rights, and that''s a guess, then you need 20,000 50 pees.  50 games a season to keep the maths simple equals...er... 400 people paying 50 p per game.  Add the feature to your advertising options and you might just break even I guess ?  Maybe even make a small amount.So, the question is, do 400 people miss the live updates enough to pay 50 p towards them ?

[quote user="blahblahblah"]a) how much is the license ?  10 thousand a year ?b) Would people pay 50p per game for live updates ?  Some outside the Radio Norfolk Catchment area might.If it''s 10 k a year for the rights, and that''s a guess, then you need 20,000 50 pees.  50 games a season to keep the maths simple equals...er... 400 people paying 50 p per game.  Add the feature to your advertising options and you might just break even I guess ?  Maybe even make a small amount.So, the question is, do 400 people miss the live updates enough to pay 50 p towards them ?[/quote]One problem with paying a small fee like 50p is the costs that the banks, or whoever, charge for each transaction. No idea what it is, but it could easily be another 50p on top. The internet has been crying out for a micro-payment system for a while but no-one has solved it yet.

The only updates we can buy into are those provided by PA and whatever the cost it would be too much for the quality of that service....

I,m quite happy listening to Radio Norfolk for free and the occasional Live Internet stream, and the Pink Un of course.The only thing I would pay for is a live Internet feed but sadly not available.

#ncfc team news: Ruddy, R Martin, Whitbread, Crofts, Holt, Surman, Lansbury, Fox, Ward, Tierney, Pacheco

And on the #ncfc bench: Rudd, Edwards, Jackson, Smith, Lappin, McNamee, Vokes.

NO hoolahan