Sign in to follow this  
Duffman

Norwich WERE close to Administration....

What do we know?

• Under worthy & doncaster debts were growing and on pitch performances were deteriorating (conceeding 4 at home was relegation form) despite the club continuing  to have a comparable player budget to any champs club
  • Subsequent (poor) managers also failed to use those proportionate competetive resources to improve on pitch performances and got us relegated
  • During that time imprudent player (and off pitch) budgets led (by doncaster, accused by fans of being too low) allowed the debt to increase.
  • We now have an excellent manager and chief exec who have plans in place that they believe will enable the club to succeed (but remember Worthy/Doncaster had that "faith" too)

What dont we know?

• whether replacing worthy with a decent manager (lambert) would have improved performances, got us re-promoted and so eased the debt
  • whether replacing worthy with a decent manager (lambert) would have meant sustained champs football within a reduced player budget so less debt
  • whether keeping worthy but replacing doncaster with McNally would have allowed the club to reduce the debt but

All of that is pure specualtion - and nothng more than petutalant point scoring and debate over a past that cannot be changed (just viewed from your own view point) by posters justifying the past to fit their egos.

The 4th bullet of what we know is the key thing - because the only difference between then and now is that we, the fans, beleive in the direction the club is going.  And that is ALL that matters.

Personally the only thing I have ever worried about is whether the team is performing on the pitch.   Would my current optimism for the future be so great with McNally leading in combination with a Worthy, Grant, Roeder or Gunn?   Can ANY of you genuinely believe that we be as good or even better than where we are now?  I find that impossible and incredulous to be true.

All praise to McNally getting Lambert in;  equal praise to the owners/board for getting McNally in.  Both the right men at the right time.   But without Lambert we would be the League one equivalent of Hull and Portsmouth this season.   

For me the future success of this football club that I am so proud to be associated with is tied up and will solely be built upon the success of Paul Lambert. 

Let leave the past behind,  allow McNally to manage the debt and re-unite behind the best football manager this club has had since Martin O''Neill.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

What do we know?

• Under worthy & doncaster debts were growing and on pitch performances were deteriorating (conceeding 4 at home was relegation form) despite the club continuing  to have a comparable player budget to any champs club

[/quote]

Should read most champs clubs - teh palying budget was not the largest,  but it was consistently competetive and large enough to support promotion bids.

Try not to take it so seriously Zipper. 

I agree that it no longer matters (for the future of the club) who''s right and who''s wrong.  Thank goodness for that, no more sleepless nights and no chance of it opening up divisions among the fans.

In the absence of other idleness, I find it mildly entertaining.  Nutty''s virtuoso performance in defence of the indefensible is, as always, a class act  [;)]