Sign in to follow this  
Morisons Prozac

Come on lads

We played a Prem team off the park, we are sixth, Hoolahan had a good gameand no one bar Chrissy had a poor game.

My only worry is that Holt and Martin have scored three between them after 8 games which isn''t brilliant.

Oh well Leicester tuesday bring ''em on.

I didn''t think Chris Martin had a bad game.  Put himself about, was strong on the ball and had a glorius chance which admitadly he should had scored.  Apart from goals what more do people want from him?

We played very well today and were very unlucky.  I think Leicster will be another tight game despite their 6-1 loss to Pompey and if we play anything like we have today we will win.

COME ON CITY!!! 

I agree. We weren''t brilliant, but decent peformance. Should have at least got a point. Good defensive peformance aswell, even though we conceded two. Fist was a bit lucky, and second was just a superb free kick.

You played a Prem team?? Who was that? The side that recorded their 1st away win in 27 league games?I

cant believe for a minute the clinical Chrissy Martin played

poorly...Or that you would be concerned about him, this is a 5m player

here!

[quote user="Boyo"]

I didn''t think Chris Martin had a bad game.  Put himself about, was strong on the ball and had a glorius chance which admitadly he should had scored.  Apart from goals what more do people want from him?

We played very well today and were very unlucky.  I think Leicster will be another tight game despite their 6-1 loss to Pompey and if we play anything like we have today we will win.

COME ON CITY!!! 

[/quote]

He didn''t play well at all. Didn''t get himself involved enough.

And he obviously knew he wasn''t playing well because when that chance fell to him he didn''t look like a man on top of his game who knew for certain he was going to finish it.

I think we''ll get a better performance from him on Tuesday because he''ll know that he owes us something.

[quote user="King Keano"]You played a Prem team?? Who was that? The side that recorded their 1st away win in 27 league games?

I cant believe for a minute the clinical Chrissy Martin played poorly...Or that you would be concerned about him, this is a 5m player here![/quote]

How did that small team who yoyo between League 1 and the Championship called Scunthorpe United get on today?  I think they were playing a team who have some youngster who is apparently worth 8 million.  They must have got battered...

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

COME ON CITY!!! 

[/quote]

And he obviously knew he wasn''t playing well because when that chance fell to him he didn''t look like a man on top of his game who knew for certain he was going to finish it.

I think we''ll get a better performance from him on Tuesday because he''ll know that he owes us something.

[/quote]

Okay, well you and me obviously have different opinions.  He wasn''t that bad today but at the same time he didn''t have his best game for us.  I felt he was strong and put himself about a bit.  IMO he is one of those strikers who can still be a pain in the backside to a defender even when he isn''t on form.

[quote user="Brendo "]I agree. We weren''t brilliant, but decent peformance. Should have at least got a point. Good defensive peformance aswell, even though we conceded two. Fist was a bit lucky, and second was just a superb free kick. [/quote]eh ?Best 90 mins played by us this season imho. Shame about the result Hull got a bit lucky on the first as it appeared offside and tbh you gotta aplaud the free kick as it was perfectly executed.

Bring on tuesday night :)

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Brendo "]I agree. We weren''t brilliant, but decent peformance. Should have at least got a point. Good defensive peformance aswell, even though we conceded two. Fist was a bit lucky, and second was just a superb free kick. [/quote]eh ?Best 90 mins played by us this season imho. Shame about the result Hull got a bit lucky on the first as it appeared offside and tbh you gotta aplaud the free kick as it was perfectly executed.

Bring on tuesday night :)[/quote]You cannot be serious! We were better against Forest IMO

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

COME ON CITY!!! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

Okay, well you and me obviously have different opinions.  He wasn''t that bad today but at the same time he didn''t have his best game for us.  I felt he was strong and put himself about a bit.  IMO he is one of those strikers who can still be a pain in the backside to a defender even when he isn''t on form.

[/quote]

Would you feel the same if you''d have seen that performance turned in by Antoine Sibierski or Chris Killen?

An unpopular loan player, rather than a pretty well liked home grown player.

I agree with CT.  Preston and Forest we were probably better due to amount of chances we created.  However we were still pretty darn good today, untill the ball went in the Hull box.

Spot, chuffing, on with regards to the generally positive vibes in the thread. Regardless of which was our better performance of the season, we''re still kicking on and looking good. We''ll play much worse than that this season and pick up 3 points easily. It''s just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. F*** Hull and their away record, because despite getting the result they wont be able to get away with that again this season.

[quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

COME ON CITY!!! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Would you feel the same if you''d have seen that performance turned in by Antoine Sibierski or Chris Killen?

[/quote]

Your trying to say that I''m looking at Martin''s performance with Norwich City Acedemy tinted glasses on.  No.  I think Chris Martin is a very good player and I like him as a player a lot and as it happens I didn''t think he played that bad today.  Chris Martin is streets ahead of what Sibierski and Killen done here. 

I actually thought we had done enough to win the game today.

Martin takes his chance when one-on-one with their keeper, then its game over.

Performance wise, not up to Forest or Preston away standard. Far from it.

Our performances away from home seem to be better than our home performances for some strange reason.

Thought the crowd was quiet today too.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"][quote user="Brendo "]I agree. We weren''t brilliant, but decent peformance. Should have at least got a point. Good defensive peformance aswell, even though we conceded two. Fist was a bit lucky, and second was just a superb free kick. [/quote]eh ?Best 90 mins played by us this season imho. Shame about the result Hull got a bit lucky on the first as it appeared offside and tbh you gotta aplaud the free kick as it was perfectly executed.

Bring on tuesday night :)[/quote]I know it''s only your opinion, but NO WAY! [:|]Played better against : ForestPrestonScunthorpeand about the same as Swansea and Barnsley

[quote user="Mainline"]

I actually thought we had done enough to win the game today.

Martin takes his chance when one-on-one with their keeper, then its game over.

Performance wise, not up to Forest or Preston away standard. Far from it.

Our performances away from home seem to be better than our home performances for some strange reason.

Thought the crowd was quiet today too.

[/quote]

Considering the weather (I was cold, it was windy and I got absolutely soaked) I thought the crowd wasn''t that bad.

That’s very true.

Weather was truly horrid today.

And I forgot my flask of coffee today.

Hope you are home and dry now though boyo [:)]

I''m starting to have a few little concerns about Holt and Martin and our front line in general[:|] I just can''t see where the goals are going to come from.

[quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"][quote user="GJP"][quote user="Boyo"]

COME ON CITY!!! 

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your trying to say that I''m looking at Martin''s performance with Norwich City Acedemy tinted glasses on.  No.  I think Chris Martin is a very good player and I like him as a player a lot and as it happens I didn''t think he played that bad today.  Chris Martin is streets ahead of what Sibierski and Killen done here. 

[/quote]

Not really sure if you answered my question.

I like Chris Martin a lot better than I liked Sibs or Killen but he was poor today. I reckon he''d agree with that too.

We were awesome yesterday. Can''t see where the goals are coming from?!?

Holt has won us the game at Preston and Scunny, Martin against Barnsley. Crofts has scored three from defensive midfield. Were alright for goals, just one of them days.

Have we in any game looked like we cant compete???? All so guys who are moaning about are front line, do you think are forwards look any worse then any other forwards that have played at carrow rd???? I think we are in good shape the only thing I would do is maybe give Jacko a longer run out playing along side holt.

But happy days, OTBC!!!!!

You only have to look at our goal difference to see that infact the goals aren''t coming, trying to sneak 1-0 wins with late goals is a dangerous game to play as we found out yesterday. These games should be sorted earlier and that''s not going to happen unless our strikers start fireing on all cylinders or we can loan a decent goal scorer before the window shuts.

I like Holty and Martin, Jackson and Oli I have my doubts about but none of the 4 are proven championship strikers.

[quote user="IncH_HigH "]

You only have to look at our goal difference to see that infact the goals aren''t coming, trying to sneak 1-0 wins with late goals is a dangerous game to play as we found out yesterday. These games should be sorted earlier and that''s not going to happen unless our strikers start fireing on all cylinders or we can loan a decent goal scorer before the window shuts.

I like Holty and Martin, Jackson and Oli I have my doubts about but none of the 4 are proven championship strikers.

[/quote]Correct. We are certainly not in any danger of giving out a hiding to anyone. I like the front 2 and hope it starts to come good, But 3 goals in 8 games suggests it will get changed sooner rather than later. It''s not that we aint creating the chances we are not taking them you can''t get away with that at this level.