Sign in to follow this  
hucks@dh6.co.uk

Hull city Match report on www.dh6.co.uk

[quote user="Mainline"]Please Hucks can you dust off your asics testimonias and give us our spark back? [:P][/quote]Oi, tosser! [:D]

I just thought that we could''ve played for 180 minutes today but Hoolahan, Holt and Martin werent ever going to create anything.Capiche?

I love you so much Huckerby! <3Marry me?! [:)]Oh and come back to football please, we''d be back in the prem in no time!

Hucks will you be back for Drury''s testimonial (should he have one) surely you''ll dust off the boots for that one! (if you aren''t carrying any long-term injuries?!

I agree that we were missing the final end product, not sure whether 3 goals from the front 2 in 8 league games is enough, however the threat is always there. I think Chrissy Martin will find his scoring form and I am hoping Holty will kick into gear shortly as he has shown he can score hatfuls over the past two seasons, albeit at a lower level.

Good summary of the key elements of the game with a bit of player know how making it different from the fan/commentator type reports.

Hucks, are you concerned about the number of goals we are scoring and although Crofts is doing an excellent job at the back of the diamond are we missing a player like him in the attacking end. Could Korey take on the defensive role? Perhaps he is a bit young but that is personally how I see him developing.

Completely agree with that Hucks, thought that the vast majority of things came down the left side, played very narrow on the right, Korey became more of a central midfielder with Crofts, filling in for Hoolahan.

Maybe lacking a right winger? Not that I have anything against Korey, just hardly any balls came in from that side, and so they often had 2/3 men on that side and if other teams have more quality on their right hand side we''ll struggle.

[quote user="Brendo "]I love you so much Huckerby! <3Marry me?! [:)]Oh and come back to football please, we''d be back in the prem in no time! [/quote]All I said was Hucks in his prime was better than anything we currently have to offer.Whats wrong with that?

[quote user="CT"]
All I said was Hucks in his prime was better than anything we currently have to offer.
What''s wrong with that?
[/quote]

Nothing. Ignore Brendo, he''s just being a rotter!

Just about getting over it but we must learn to be more ruthless, those 3 points should have been ours, perhaps we tried to walk the ball into the net.

The only change I would make for Tuesday would be a start for Jackson and a rest for Martin.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]I love you so much Huckerby! <3Marry me?! [:)]Oh and come back to football please, we''d be back in the prem in no time! [/quote]All I said was Hucks in his prime was better than anything we currently have to offer.Whats wrong with that?[/quote]I didn''t actually aim that at you mate. It''s just the amount of times people do this is unreal.Not saying I aint fond of Hucks, as he was possibly my favourite Norwich player, as when I was just a wee boy, he was smashing in the goals when I first got into football properly.

Good report Hucks. I thought one of the main reasons we did not win was the constant fouling of our players at set pieces, in particular the guy marking Barnett seemed to think it was a game of rugby, which the ref did not have a problem with. Or am I being a tad too partisan with my yellow and green spectacles on?

I wouldn’t go as far as that in saying Hull were very poor.

Yes we should have won. Yes we were the better team for all of 70 minutes.

However Hull never caved in under our onslaught, they were rugged and resolute and defended well. They looked organised and kept as a unit.

For that they should be credited for.

They rode the storm, got a bit of luck with their first goal, and obviously got a second with a well taken free-kick and got the points.

So I wouldn’t say they were a ‘very poor team’.  In fact I don’t think there are any really poor sides in this division. On any given day anyone can beat anyone in this league.

We should have won but Hull took their chances when they arrived and as we know that’s the difference between winning and losing.

I think it was one of those days. If we had of scored we would have gone on to win very comfortably. We now need to forget this result and push on to the next game against a Leicester side who defended like schoolboys on friday night and hope that Saturday hasn''t affected our confidence.

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]I love you so much Huckerby! <3Marry me?! [:)]Oh and come back to football please, we''d be back in the prem in no time! [/quote]All I said was Hucks in his prime was better than anything we currently have to offer.Whats wrong with that?[/quote]I didn''t actually aim that at you mate. It''s just the amount of times people do this is unreal.Not saying I aint fond of Hucks, as he was possibly my favourite Norwich player, as when I was just a wee boy, he was smashing in the goals when I first got into football properly. [/quote]

Have some respect then!

[quote user="Willmeister"]I think it was one of those days. If we had of scored we would have gone on to win very comfortably. We now need to forget this result and push on to the next game against a Leicester side who defended like schoolboys on friday night and hope that Saturday hasn''t affected our confidence.[/quote]At the end of the day, we just couldn''t convert our chances and on another day we''d have scored a hatful.  Let''s not beat ourselves up over it, Tuesday night gives us a chance to put things right and I''m sure the boys will give 100% to make that happen.