Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Was Chris Martin Singled Out?

I noticed Chrissy led with an elbow early on but thereafter got regularly grabbed and slapped around the chops by the Hull goalkeeper and defenders. He had a quiet game, didn''t get booked or lose his cool but also seemed to lack his usual aggression. Perhaps Hull thought they could wind him up? The opposite happened and he went into his shell, which really surprised me.

Holt was bashing into opponents, getting up and grinning about it, Wes wasn''t kicked about, so why was Martin singled out and why did he respond so meekly?

I think Martin was just crowded out today, and wasn''t able to find space to work in. In that situation, Holt will mix it with the opposition, not afraid to be a bit physical in order to make his own space, whereas Martin often responds by disappearing for long spells. That''s just the type of player he is - he can be anonymous for 89 minutes and turn a game with one brilliant moment. Today he didn''t get that moment.

[quote user="Power Hamster"]I think Martin was just crowded out today, and wasn''t able to find space to work in. In that situation, Holt will mix it with the opposition, not afraid to be a bit physical in order to make his own space, whereas Martin often responds by disappearing for long spells. That''s just the type of player he is - he can be anonymous for 89 minutes and turn a game with one brilliant moment. Today he didn''t get that moment.
[/quote]

I thought he was put clean through with only the keeper to beat in the second half.

Its a bit of a surprise really, that he has only managed to score 1 in 8 games or whatever the exact stat is...

I was fully expecting him to get 15/20 goals this season, because he is a very good finisher, which should work in any league, if your given the chance, it just seems he hasn''t had the luck/lost a bit of that ability so far this season....

[quote user="canarycrosby"]the post above probes how clueless this site is, bunch of idiots, who dont watch the game properly, or probably dont even go...[/quote]It certainly does now.

it didn''t look to me as if Martin was singled out, just a rugged defence trying to mark as best they could. Holty will always bash them about and got a quite ridiculous booking for a should barge where both got up laughing

Martin had the one excellent chance when clean through and yes should have scored, but hats off to the keeper who came out quick at him, to me it was just one of those days where the luck wasn''t with us in front of goal

He is ridiculously overrated on this board. If he''s in the team to score a goal (because he didn''t do anything else) he didn''t do his job. And what a chance it was that he missed. That''s why he was singled out.

how in gods name can you say martin has ''lost some ability'' he hasnt done anything wrong, he missed one chance yesterday...go to some games, this boards fucking pathetic