Sign in to follow this  
CDMullins

Lappin or Mcnamee Tomorrow?

[quote user="Clint"]Why is this such a no brainer to everyone? Macca had a bad game against Donny and Lappin had a good game against Preston...so what? Does that automatically mean Lappin is going to have a blinder against Hull - an entirely different team, with different tactics, played in a different environment? I''m pretty sure Lambo doesn''t pick the team based on who played best last, he will pick the team that he thinks will win the game. This may change! The diamond hasn''t yet worked at home this season but has been very effective away so I think this is a more than valid question.[/quote]

Your right in general Clint.Different tactics against different sides obviously is a factor. But you really must conider the fact that Lappin didnt put a foot wrong last time out, not a single foot. And McNamee really struggled when starting against Donny. Players prove their worth on the fottball pitch and nowhere else. I dont see through Lamberts eyes but from my perspective it really is an obvious decision. And Im sure Lambert had his mind up immediatley after he Preston game.

1 - Lappin starts.2 - McNamee regularly comes off the bench.3 - McNamee every so often puts in a match winning performance from the bench.4 - Everyone calls for McNamee to start.5 - McNamee starts but does very little.6 - Repeat from step 1.

[quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Home, winable game, will we start with Lappin or Mcnamee?

Think I''d side with caution and play Lapin, especially after his impressive performance at Preston

[/quote]

Sorry CDMullins but this really is a daft thread. Lappins insperational peformance against Preston and MaNamees tipid performance against Doncaster kind of answers your question.

[/quote]

This question was asked before the Doncaster match, which returned the very same answers. Then Mcanamee started, which was a bit suprising considering we were away from home against a decent side, so why is it so unthinkable Mcnamee may get the nod today?

[/quote]

Yes, I asked the question. But this was immediatley after McNamee had come on and won us the game against Barnsley. Two games have followed, games which have identified that McNamee (with the structure of our squad) should only play as an impact sub especially with Lappin in the pecking order. I actually wanted McNamee to start, I have been gladly proven wrong.

Dont get me wrong. Lambert may very well start McNamee, but it would be one of the biggest manager clangers that any Norwich manager has ever made, especially if it ended in tears.

[/quote]

Hold on, How can the question be that daft, if Mcnamee''may very well start''?

[/quote]

Eh, because I''m not Paul Lambert and I''m not a clairvoiant.

My point is it would be incredably stupid if McNamee started ahead of Lappin. Their last two performances clearly outlined who has more of an impact when starting a football match. Paul Lambert is not stupid.

You have cleary spent ttime pondering the decision. Fair enough, but the decision from my stance is an absolute no brainer.

[/quote]

If it is a ''no brainer'' and the question is ''daft'', then why state ''Mcnamee may very well start''. surly this means the question is not daft?

[/quote]

Jesus - You pose a question - Who WILL start McNamee or Lappin? Not - Who WOULD you start?

I predicted strongly that Lappin will start, believing to even contemplate otherwise would be daft. The decision,imo, is a no brainer.

My ''Mcnamee may very well start'' remark simply tells you that I dont pick the team. He may very well start! Had I have said that ''he probably WILL start'' I would see your point.

Though I didnt say that. I hope you are clear.

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"][quote user="Thecanaryfan"][quote user="CDMullins"]

Home, winable game, will we start with Lappin or Mcnamee?

Think I''d side with caution and play Lapin, especially after his impressive performance at Preston

[/quote]

Sorry CDMullins but this really is a daft thread. Lappins insperational peformance against Preston and MaNamees tipid performance against Doncaster kind of answers your question.

[/quote]

This question was asked before the Doncaster match, which returned the very same answers. Then Mcanamee started, which was a bit suprising considering we were away from home against a decent side, so why is it so unthinkable Mcnamee may get the nod today?

[/quote]

Yes, I asked the question. But this was immediatley after McNamee had come on and won us the game against Barnsley. Two games have followed, games which have identified that McNamee (with the structure of our squad) should only play as an impact sub especially with Lappin in the pecking order. I actually wanted McNamee to start, I have been gladly proven wrong.

Dont get me wrong. Lambert may very well start McNamee, but it would be one of the biggest manager clangers that any Norwich manager has ever made, especially if it ended in tears.

[/quote]

Hold on, How can the question be that daft, if Mcnamee''may very well start''?

[/quote]

Eh, because I''m not Paul Lambert and I''m not a clairvoiant.

My point is it would be incredably stupid if McNamee started ahead of Lappin. Their last two performances clearly outlined who has more of an impact when starting a football match. Paul Lambert is not stupid.

You have cleary spent ttime pondering the decision. Fair enough, but the decision from my stance is an absolute no brainer.

[/quote]

If it is a ''no brainer'' and the question is ''daft'', then why state ''Mcnamee may very well start''. surly this means the question is not daft?

[/quote]

Jesus - You pose a question - Who WILL start McNamee or Lappin? Not - Who WOULD you start?

I predicted strongly that Lappin will start, believing to even contemplate otherwise would be daft. The decision,imo, is a no brainer.

My ''Mcnamee may very well start'' remark simply tells you that I dont pick the team. He may very well start! Had I have said that ''he probably WILL start'' I would see your point.

Though I didnt say that. I hope you are clear.

[/quote]

So you must conceed that its not really a ''daft'' thread, considering that either outcome could happen.

Also if you read my first post, I do say I would start Lappin

Well Crappin was the answer and boy didn''t we pay the price for it?Anybody who clearly didn''t see that coming I despair for! [:|]

[quote user="Smudger"]Well Crappin was the answer and boy didn''t we pay the price for it?Anybody who clearly didn''t see that coming I despair for! [:|][/quote]Do you ever go to away games Smudger? [:)] He was class at Preston, so deserved his start today.

[quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="Smudger"]Well Crappin was the answer and boy didn''t we pay the price for it?Anybody who clearly didn''t see that coming I despair for! [:|][/quote]Do you ever go to away games Smudger? [:)] He was class at Preston, so deserved his start today.[/quote]Yes I was at Preston mate and disagreed with the two guys that I went with who thought Lappin had a good game there (but they didn''t threaten to beat me up or throw me out of the car along the M6 on the way home).  I thought he done ok last week, but that some of the praise was a bit hysterical about him, just because he won one 50/50 tackle (or at least half won it) after Drury had done extremely well to win the ball cleanly just prior to that with the last ditch challenge in our area.  Apart from that he won about 3 headers and put in a few ok crosses in to the box.  7 out of 10 for me, nothing to rave about!Ward was laying the law down to both Drury and Lappin for large periods of the game last week for sitting too deep and not being tight enough on their men.The last game Lappin played extremely well for me was Charlton away last season.Sorry but for me he just isn''t good enough for a week in week out start in this league and we need to bring somebody in on loan until we get Surman back at least.  I think our midfield has sat far too deep for the majority of matches this season and it is only due to us having a bit of creativity and potency upfornt that has seen us have an ok start.  For me we are balancing on the wire of our good start falling away.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Are the rumuors true Sumdger?[/quote]Partly true.  Depends on which bits of it you mean I suppose.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Adam NCFC"][quote user="Smudger"]Well Crappin was the answer and boy didn''t we pay the price for it?Anybody who clearly didn''t see that coming I despair for! [:|][/quote]Do you ever go to away games Smudger? [:)] He was class at Preston, so deserved his start today.[/quote]Yes I was at Preston mate and disagreed with the two guys that I went with who thought Lappin had a good game there (but they didn''t threaten to beat me up or throw me out of the car along the M6 on the way home).  I thought he done ok last week, but that some of the praise was a bit hysterical about him, just because he won one 50/50 tackle (or at least half won it) after Drury had done extremely well to win the ball cleanly just prior to that with the last ditch challenge in our area.  Apart from that he won about 3 headers and put in a few ok crosses in to the box.  7 out of 10 for me, nothing to rave about!Ward was laying the law down to both Drury and Lappin for large periods of the game last week for sitting too deep and not being tight enough on their men.The last game Lappin played extremely well for me was Charlton away last season.Sorry but for me he just isn''t good enough for a week in week out start in this league and we need to bring somebody in on loan until we get Surman back at least.  I think our midfield has sat far too deep for the majority of matches this season and it is only due to us having a bit of creativity and potency upfornt that has seen us have an ok start.  For me we are balancing on the wire of our good start falling away.[/quote]You''re entitled to your opinion. We''ll agree to disagree on Lappin then!You saying that you would rather have McNamee starting then? I was at Doncaster aswell as Preston, and noticed a huge difference between the 2. Would you have been annoyed with Lapps today if we had won? Personally I think we''re alot better off starting with Lappin, getting a foot hold in the game, then Macca to bring on to either kill it off, or nick the goal. Today we didn''t win, but you can''t fault the performance mate. Lappin gives us an extra tackle, cross, header, strength. Today we were against a team with quality players, Bullard and Koren in midfield? Think we would all love that. You can''t bring Lappin on in a game where we need a goal, as he isn''t going to make that impact, but you can start with him, get going in the game and then hit a team late on.When Surman is back, he''s the man to come in, but until then, Lapps needs to start.

sorry if i am late on this subject......but imo lappin crossed the ball about 20 times today and never found a norwich head.He never looks like scoring and should have shot today instead of crossing at least twice.When you play at home and have 80% of the play but still lose you have got to realise something isn''t quite right

[quote user="lobstercatcher2"]sorry if i am late on this subject......but imo lappin crossed the ball about 20 times today and never found a norwich head.He never looks like scoring and should have shot today instead of crossing at least twice.When you play at home and have 80% of the play but still lose you have got to realise something isn''t quite right[/quote]

McNamee was brought on at 84 minutes which was far too late to change the game.  To me, that wasn''t quite right.

Yes indeed Lobster, those stewards and old bill should have been awake to the situation much earlier. If Smudger had been ejected before half time it would have saved a lot of earache for those poor souls in the snakepit[;)]

[quote user="Trent Canary"]1 - Lappin starts.

2 - McNamee regularly comes off the bench.

3 - McNamee every so often puts in a match winning performance from the bench.

4 - Everyone calls for McNamee to start.

5 - McNamee starts but does very little.

6 - Repeat from step 1.
[/quote]

Well Said [Y]

But still think that McNamee should go on a bit earlier sometimes.

I do not understand why Lambert can not see a winning formula which is always start with Lappin and bringon McNamee when things are not working out and their defence is a bit tired that is about 60 minutes.He left it too late against Hull.Doncaster was a mistake to start with McNamee as away from home and therefore needed to keep it tight first half and pack midfield.The real problem we have is our star signing Jackson is not working , he does not look fast or good, and therefore lacking competition for places up front