Sign in to follow this  
Delia Out!

Rickie Lambert

If Southampton continue this rotten form, and don''t get promoted would you like to see him here?

I would but he would probably be too much cash, still would be good backup for Holt.

Thoughts?

[quote user="Delia Out"]

If Southampton continue this rotten form, and don''t get promoted would you like to see him here?

I would but he would probably be too much cash, still would be good backup for Holt.

Thoughts?

[/quote]Definately.

He''s not that much younger than Holt. I don''t think he would cost £3million now, not to a Championship team.

£1.5-2mill tops I should think.

No.

He''d cost too much, isn''t exactly young any more, and is significantly less proven at this level than Holt and Martin - who are being criticised.

I''d rather we took advantage of Dundee''s poor financial position, and looked at Leigh Griffith''s. Only just turned 20, and a solid goal-scorer. Almost joined West Brom when Mowbray was there, but the deal collapsed when he (Mowbray) joined Celtic.

Gary Harkins (midfielder) could be a snared cheaply from there as well. Scored 17 goals in 39 starts last year which is very impressive, and made captain in his first season at the club.

[quote user="CanaryJames"]No. He''d cost too much, isn''t exactly young any more, and is significantly less proven at this level than Holt and Martin - who are being criticised. I''d rather we took advantage of Dundee''s poor financial position, and looked at Leigh Griffith''s. Only just turned 20, and a solid goal-scorer. Almost joined West Brom when Mowbray was there, but the deal collapsed when he (Mowbray) joined Celtic. Gary Harkins (midfielder) could be a snared cheaply from there as well. Scored 17 goals in 39 starts last year which is very impressive, and made captain in his first season at the club.[/quote]

That would be good, but how much would they want for them?

Also do Dundee United still have Lee Wilkie?

Well they need to come up with £250,000 ''immediately'' or they will be placed in administration!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/dundee/9034209.stm

Obviously the transfer window is closed, but it''d be possible (I believe) to negotiate a loan deal which became permanent in January, with a gentleman''s agreement that they are paid the money now. I''d actually say given their problems, £300k straight-up (with maybe a few add-ons like international caps/goals/etc included) would be enough to get both players, which would be superb business in my opinion. They are struggling this year as well, so another thing we could take advantage of.

Lee Wilkie has retired now. Forced into it early by injury unfortunately. He quit over the summer I think?