Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Norwich u 18's V Scum u 18's

3 points clear at the top of a league containing (amongst others) Arsenal, Tottenham & Chelsea. Very impressive.

Hopefully in a few years these players will benefit out first team. There''s a fair bit of hype around Francomb, Dawkin, Ball, Habergham, Steer & Werndly in particular.

Not to sure about the others as havnt seen enough of them except for Josh Dawkin, who is certainly a name for the future. He is a 3rd year scholar.

I have seen Jack Werndly on numerous occaisions throughout the last 3 years and remember him coming on as sub for West Ham reserves against Norwich City at Carrow Road last season. He was only on for 9 mins and scored and also had one disallowed for offside.

I also saw him play against Norwich City Under 18''s or maybe 16''s and he got 4 goals in a one sided victory.

Reading up, he has played for Leicester City, Crystal Palace and West Ham X1 so far this season and has scored for each club in each appearance this season.

Speaking to someone that follows West Ham Youth, he still had 1 year to run on his scholarship, but wanted regular football and was unhappy with the amount of game time available at WHU due to the number of strikers they have signed on, so he asked if he could look outside of the Academy.

Since his start at Norwich he has scored 5 goals in all games and without doubt strengthens their squad.

I will try and follow more games in the coming weeks as I am working in the area for the next 2 months.

YTF

I really hope 3/4 of these players make it....for numerous reasons...

One its a cheaper way of getting talent...

Two its nice to have home grown players (even if they go off and do better elsewhere...)

Three, tracking progress of these players is interesting, and its better if they turn out good (unlike the Jarvis brothers amongst others:( )

And also, it would be nice, to actually see all these names that are mentioned, come good (we have had so so so many, that don''t even play, and then players like Jarvis, Spillane, Lewis etc, that are hyped up, and then just get sold of or released, because they aren''t half as good as they are mean''t to be.....)

Maybe we can get one better than Connor Wickham :P