Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

Dropping players....

After reading comments about certain players, either about yesterdays or the seasons form so far, i was wondering what people think about certain individuals being dropped...

If we go though the whole team:

-Ruddy....He looks more than Solid, think he''s safe for now (I thought Rudd would be first team keeper before the end of the season, but that looks unlikely now...)

-Drury, I don''t care how good SS is, as long as Drury is fit, he needs to be playing, he is so experienced, he obviously gets out paced sometimes, but i''m sure any full-back does at times, so its not a huge fault, and he is also showing he can attack better than many thought as well....

-R. Martin, i like him (hence the signature :P), and think he has defiantly improved from his start last season (when i hated him...), when working with Korey, he can work well on the wing, and seems to be getting more adventurous... His defending isn''t too shabby either....

-Ward and Barnett- Look very solid according to comments i have read (i have only seen the partnership once or twice...) Does Nelson come back into the team?

-Crofts...Not much needs to be said here, he is brilliant, he must be first name on the team sheet now...

Korey Smith- I personally, think he has become a very solid player, but some people think we need a bit more creativity (especially with Surman out...), and Hughes or Fox could play here, and add a different dimension to the team, as really Crofts, Lappin and Korey are all very hard workers, but not the most creative players ever...so maybe Korey does need to be sacrificed? I hope not, but it might be best for the team, if we have a repeat of saturday against Leicester....

Lappin...Is he only in the team until Surman comes back? Should Macnamee play here (i think he is best coming on for 20/30 mins, if we are not winning...), or can Lappin keep this position all season?

Hoolahan...No one to replace him unless we change formation....Macnamee can to an extent, but not in the same way....Hoolahan is bound to have a few dodgy spells in games (or for whole games), depending on how he is marked/aggression etc

Holt- Not quite the same...but he''s the captain, and if he can put in the effort (which i couple of games, i don''t think he put in 100%, that may have been to do with fitness though), he should still be in the team, unless we get a better striker, i don''t think Oli is good enough to be playing every week, and i''m not sure about a Jackson/Martin partnership....

Martin- This is an issue, he has only had 1/2 ''poor'' games this season, but still his goal rate, is 1 in 8.....nothing like last season, i still expect to him to get better, and start finding the net, but maybe drop him for a game or two, see what Jackson can do in an hour or so, rather than 10 mins....But will it have an adverse effect on Martin? His mindset on the pitch seems to be slightly better, but he may feel he should be playing, and not on the bench, so might sulk a bit...or hopefully, he would accept he hasn''t been scoring, and when he gets back onto the pitch, he starts firing on all cylinders again :D

Really, the question is, are Hughes/Jackson/Oli/Macnamee/Fox good enough for the first team, or should we stick with the current X1, and hope we can keep up with how we have done (because really, our form, hasn''t been too bad at all......especially when you consider the lack of championship experience our squad has....)

Agree with the majority of thisI think lappin should make way instead of korey when surman returns and that we should give jackson a full game to see what he can do.I always thought mcdonald was awesome and he should have got more of a chance in the norwich team, i honestly think he has what it takes technically to make it at this level by his sheer pace and finishing being a great partnership with a target man like holt

Although no one should be dropped, Fox is a fantastic player so if a midfielder doesn''t give 100% (which they are at the moment) he should come in.