Sign in to follow this  
Herman

Fry on Baker

I like the Danny Baker show, he knows his football and is always a laugh.

He is on BBC London too, not so good though.

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]I like the Danny Baker show, he knows his football and is always a laugh. He is on BBC London too, not so good though.[/quote]

Have to agree with that.The London show used to be good,until he started playing music.

The BBC use Alan Shearer as a pundit on MOTD. They don''t use Danny Baker. Now I love the BBC to bits, but those two facts should really encourage a nationwide revolt against the licence fee.

Baker is a proper football fan. 606 was a proper fans'' show when he did it. Now it''s a vehicle for armchair Big Four ''fans'' to come on and spout humourless nonsense. His demise on the BBC mirrors the corporatisation of football - his brief rant during the World Cup just a reminder that football used to be fun.

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

Baker is a proper football fan. 606 was a proper fans'' show when he did it. Now it''s a vehicle for armchair Big Four ''fans'' to come on and spout humourless nonsense. His demise on the BBC mirrors the corporatisation of football - his brief rant during the World Cup just a reminder that football used to be fun.

[/quote]

Agreed - his passion is a pleasure to behold.   

And why I like robbie savage on there too - I disagree with what he says but its with conviction humour and from a different perspective. 

The highlight of the summer for me remains Chris Waddles rant in the build up to one of germanys goals which captured more insight and passion than seen or heard from any mainline commentator or pundit on tv inyears.   

Boo!! FRY OUT! We only got  a slight mention[:@]

(I missed the first quarter hour,so we may have got a few more.)

Anyway,it was a good show.It''s good to know that Britain still appreciates intelligent people.Keep it going Stephen[Y]

Oh,very good points Robert.His World Cup shows were great.

Haven''t heard the show yet, usually listen on podcast on the way to work (this can be amusing on a bus!).

Agree with Zipper about Robbie Savage, he''s livened 606 up no end. What a refreshing change from Alan Green, obsessed with the ''big four'' and last season Leeds Utd.

Much praise to Danny Baker, great show, proper football fan and very good presenter. Incidentally Delia was on his show earlier in the year taking part in the sausage sandwich quiz. Think Danny has a soft spot for us all.

Robbie Savage is actually good.When the North Korean''s Oo Bum Suks name was mentioned was a childishly funny moment.And anyone that can make Alan Green laugh...

It''s a good show this week Gazza.Keep your ears open for one of the listeners top 5 theatre mishaps[Y]

[quote user="Robert N. LiM"]

The BBC use Alan Shearer as a pundit on MOTD. They don''t use Danny Baker. Now I love the BBC to bits, but those two facts should really encourage a nationwide revolt against the licence fee.

[/quote]

Baker made 606 brilliant and then the BBC replaced him with David Mellor! Unbelievable!

[quote user="Beauseant"] 

Baker made 606 brilliant and then the BBC replaced him with David Mellor! Unbelievable!

[/quote]I''d forgotten that, possibly because of it''s absurdity. David f***ing Mellor.BBC sport have lot to answer for, not least Alan Green - they''re bloody lucky that Talksport is so rubbish and Sky are running an extortion racket...