Sign in to follow this  
Robert Ketts Yellow Army

Is today's game sold out?

If there was over 2k empty seats in the ground today I don''t know where they were, thought there was nearer 26k before it was announced.

[quote user="kdncfc"]If there was over 2k empty seats in the ground today I don''t know where they were, thought there was nearer 26k before it was announced.
[/quote]

I couldn''t believe there were 2000 empty seats either, they count the 20,500 season ticket holders so they wouldn''t have affected the figure, not sure how many tickets Hull sold but other than the corner bit between the city stand and the river end I couldnt see many empty seats.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="kdncfc"]If there was over 2k empty seats in the ground today I don''t know where they were, thought there was nearer 26k before it was announced.
[/quote]

I couldn''t believe there were 2000 empty seats either, they count the 20,500 season ticket holders so they wouldn''t have affected the figure, not sure how many tickets Hull sold but other than the corner bit between the city stand and the river end I couldnt see many empty seats.

[/quote]Away end was under half full.

I was looking for apair of seats Fri afternoon and the online site didn''t seem to show more than a few hundred available.

Even this would presume they sold no more that evening or at all on the day

How odd.

ps and as CA says, there didn''t seen to be that many empty seats

So how many Hull fans do we think were there then, would 1000 be a realistic figure ?

At 1pm I had a count up and there was only around 300 seats still avaliable on the online ticket site, add to that the 3- 400 empty seats in the Hull section and that is only around 700 seats that were not taken. Take away the 500 season ticket holders who don''t normally turn up and you should have been looking at a crowd of around 25800 which is what I''d have guessed at before they announced the attendance.

[quote user="cityangel"]

So how many Hull fans do we think were there then, would 1000 be a realistic figure ?

[/quote]I''d say there was 800 - 1000 Hull fans CA, leavig around 400 empty seats in their section.

[quote user="kdncfc"]At 1pm I had a count up and there was only around 300 seats still avaliable on the online ticket site, add to that the 3- 400 empty seats in the Hull section and that is only around 700 seats that were not taken. Take away the 500 season ticket holders who don''t normally turn up and you should have been looking at a crowd of around 25800 which is what I''d have guessed at before they announced the attendance.[/quote]From what I saw, this seems to be a fair assessment of the actual number of bums on seats at the ground yesterday. I sometimes think they just invent a number and announce it. If its going to be a thousand different from the real number, it makes you wonder why they bother giving a figure at all.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

If a season ticket holder is not present they were not counted in the attendance figure. Lots of empty seats in the lower barclay which was sold out for days, so they could only have been season ticket holders not there. There are also several hundred seats that cannot be used due to segregation.  

[quote user="kdncfc"][quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]
I''d say there was 800 - 1000 Hull fans CA, leavig around 400 empty seats in their section.
[/quote]

No chance-there were seats all over the place in the away end.  650 tops imo.  Absolutely shocking support.

or that the club had already decided how many would be attending

as McNally had already taken a spread bet on the attendance being under 25000 !

ps season ticket sales are counted whether they turn up or not - so it''s not strictly attendance that''s announced it''s seats sold, maybe then there was loads of freebies filling the seats

[quote user="Colchester Canary"]Is this a joke? There were loads of empty seats in corner of city and river, and whatever the other corner stand is called (aviva?) take in consideration away supporters, easily 2,000 empty[/quote]

There were about 200 empty seats in the corner between the city and river end, didnt spot many in the AVIVA corner infill, still surprised there were 2000 empty ones though.

Will be interested to see how many are there Tuesday.