Sign in to follow this  
Bill

What are former Norwich players doing

I wondered if anyone knew of any unusual hobbies former Norwich players have

Albert Bennett, the inventor of the white football boot, went on to write many famous historical romantic novels for Mills and Boon and now lives in a mountainside apartment just outside of Zermatt.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Albert Bennett, the inventor of the white football boot, went on to write many famous historical romantic novels for Mills and Boon and now lives in a mountainside apartment just outside of Zermatt.[/quote]

Is this serious?  Any titles for his work - have just googled but came up with nowt!  remember his white boots though.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

[quote user="Lord Horn"]Albert Bennett, the inventor of the white football boot, went on to write many famous historical romantic novels for Mills and Boon and now lives in a mountainside apartment just outside of Zermatt.[/quote]

Is this serious?  Any titles for his work - have just googled but came up with nowt!  remember his white boots though.

[/quote]

Sorry Shef, I was just having a laugh.

[quote user="shefcanary"]

[/quote]

My my my................

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]Whats that Darren Huckerby up to now...?
[/quote]

He''s now working as a waitress at Zaks in Poringland.

when i lived in norwich, ALAN TAYLOR had a newsagents shop on the dereham road. As far as i am aware, he still has. BILLY STEELE ran the ironmongers arms pub in the city centre. Now living in canada

[quote user="lordyfan"]when i lived in norwich, ALAN TAYLOR had a newsagents shop on the dereham road. As far as i am aware, he still has. BILLY STEELE ran the ironmongers arms pub in the city centre. Now living in canada

[/quote]

Now that was a real pub!

I can remember sending him off one Sunday morning when he was playing for Bishopgate Lions (I think at that time he was running the Red Lion in Bishopgate). [:D]

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

I can remember sending him off one Sunday morning when he was playing for Bishopgate Lions (I think at that time he was running the Red Lion in Bishopgate). [:D]

[/quote]

Didn''t he also run the ''Duke of Norfolk'' on Mousehold Lane at some stage?

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet he looks good in his waitress attire, doen''t he?

[quote user="Dan Druff"][quote user="Lord Horn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I bet he looks good in his waitress attire, doen''t he?

[/quote]

I''m sure WITS would love to see that..... [:D]

[quote user="lordyfan"]when i lived in norwich, ALAN TAYLOR had a newsagents shop on the dereham road. As far as i am aware, he still has
[/quote]

That newsagents is under new ownership. Alan Taylor sold up and retired within the last year.

[quote user="ZiggyPiggy"]Dion has invented an instrument - The DUBE.[/quote]I''ve just been on that page for 10 minutes, and I still can''t work out whether it''s a joke or not?? [:|]It''s a box!I''m confused....It''s a joke, right?

[quote user="Unhinged Canary"][quote user="ZiggyPiggy"]Dion has invented an instrument - The DUBE.
[/quote]

I''ve just been on that page for 10 minutes, and I still can''t work out whether it''s a joke or not?? [:|]

It''s a box!

I''m confused....

It''s a joke, right?

[/quote]

nowhere does it say what it does [:S]

Yes he did and you will find him sitting in the holiday inn bar up against the window before home games, often with ex Canary Steve Govier