Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

FFS, How Did We Lose That Game?

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We lost to a classic away performance and our profligacy in front of goal. Hull soaked up pressure really well and then took control. Bullard was outstanding in the last twenty minutes or so. I don''t accept that they were poor. they looked low on confidence, but were always organised and never wilted in the face of huge pressure. Yes, they were lucky, but they earned that. As for us, we were superb for 70 minutes without finding a finish. We can take lots of positives, but can we please drop the "Holt is untouchable" crap. He''s overweight and ineffective, not some sort of football god.

We are a decent midtable side, nothing more at present, but we didn''t deserve to lose today. That''s football - shit happens. Let''s move on to Tuesday.

[/quote]

I don''t consider Holt untouchable and I also think hes been below par this season. But hes still our most threatening striker, has scored 4 goals, unlucky not to have scored more and we aren''t nowhere near as good when hes not playing - For an example of this - Doncaster away where Holt wasn''t at his best but still helped to set up the goal and when he came off we lost all our attacking impetus!

For me Holts biggest weakness is him drifting out of position. Hes a good targetman whos deadly in the box with his skull but whos often not there when we need him!

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]By not taking our chances, simple![/quote][Y] Yes!We got punished by a poor side for not taking our chances. Shoulda won but didn''t. Move on to next game...

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We lost to a classic away performance and our profligacy in front of goal. Hull soaked up pressure really well and then took control. Bullard was outstanding in the last twenty minutes or so. I don''t accept that they were poor. they looked low on confidence, but were always organised and never wilted in the face of huge pressure. Yes, they were lucky, but they earned that. As for us, we were superb for 70 minutes without finding a finish. We can take lots of positives, but can we please drop the "Holt is untouchable" crap. He''s overweight and ineffective, not some sort of football god.

We are a decent midtable side, nothing more at present, but we didn''t deserve to lose today. That''s football - shit happens. Let''s move on to Tuesday.

[/quote]

People see games differently but I don''t except that Bullard was outstanding at any point in the match - I''d say that he improved vastly towards the end of the game and we saw glimpses of what a 48K a week player should be capable of in the second tier of pro football. Holt and Martin played most of their effective football in the wide areas where they are incapable of doing what they are on the pitch to do.. score.

[quote user="canary cherub "][quote user="Beauseant"]

We lost to a classic away performance and our profligacy in front of goal. Hull soaked up pressure really well and then took control. Bullard was outstanding in the last twenty minutes or so. I don''t accept that they were poor. they looked low on confidence, but were always organised and never wilted in the face of huge pressure. Yes, they were lucky, but they earned that. [/quote]

I agree with you Beau, Hull were better than their league position suggested.  Bullard was roaming around unmarked from minute one and was a class above every other player on the field; he''s their Huckerby provided he can stay fit.  They knew how to play against the diamond so that our lack of width was exposed, with Martin and Holt spending too much time out on the flanks. 

We looked a tad naive today I thought.  If Hull can recover from post-relegation syndrome I can see them finishing in the top six. 

[/quote]

..must have been another Hull player that I saw, that had blond curly hair, who got clattered about three times in the first 20 minutes. Thought that he wasn''t ''given much quarter'' in the first half tbh. Second half we gave him too much space

Bullard was Hull''s main playmaker, but he was also their main weakness because he was not fully fit. If we had played on that and kept up the pressure on him, he would have been out of it by 70 minutes. As it was he was roaming freely through the last 20 minutes, and that was when Hull had most of their possession and scored their two goals.

[quote user="Ed Miliband"]Okay, so we lost. Let us not stand idly by and consider the reasons, for despite losing, we dominated and won the key battles. Now is the time for us to move this club forward, to unite and stand firmly behind what we agree in, and to energise our grass roots supporters so they spread the word of what we believe - passing football, flowing football, attacking football.

Together, working as a team, we can achieve great things. We can reach the promised land. And I, your new leader, will promise you this - right here, right now - there are better days ahead for each and every person who belongs to this team I am proud to call my team.

God bless you. And God bless Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]I don''t know if you agree with me or not, but have you ever noticed how your brother looks like an evil version of Tim Henman? Yes, my friends and I refer to him as ''Tim Henchman''.Anyway, back to the game. We spurned some glorious chances yesterday and were hugely unfortunate not to win. However, we did not look sharp up front. As has been mentioned, Hull forced our strikers out wide meaning our most effective finishers were rarely in the box. Holt ended up laying balls off to Lappin from wide positions, Lapps was whipping a ball in and there were a distinct lack of yellow shirts in the key areas.We played some really nice attacking football but didn''t have that killer instinct. I also think our midfield (especially Crofts and Smith) looked class against some supposdly "superior" players. I didn''t even notice Koren until the little bugger popped up to score!

[quote user="kdncfc"]Just back from the game and I''m still struggling to understand how we managed to lose, we battered them especially in the second half and wouldn''t have been flattered had we have won 5-0. Only critisicm from me is that we were far to wasteful in and around the box. Hull were a very poor team and while they got away with it today they won''t be winning away again for a very long time playing like that.
[/quote]

Bet you won''t be saying that tomorrow night [:D] We can over Ipswich too if Reading stuff them and we win [:)]