Sign in to follow this  
kdncfc

FFS, How Did We Lose That Game?

Just back from the game and I''m still struggling to understand how we managed to lose, we battered them especially in the second half and wouldn''t have been flattered had we have won 5-0. Only critisicm from me is that we were far to wasteful in and around the box. Hull were a very poor team and while they got away with it today they won''t be winning away again for a very long time playing like that.

because we were sh*te up front and woeful at the back when it really mattered?

it is no good dominating the game and ending up with f*ck alll, is it?

I wasn''t there but well done to the 15000 who stayed til the end and applauded the team off the pitch. Sounds like it was just one of those days, same sort of performence on Tuesday and i''m sure the goals will be flying in.

For all the play we had, the number of times we saw Martin and Holt out wide on the wing simply left no one in the box.

Desperately unlucky today after one of the best performances for ages.

Okay, so we lost. Let us not stand idly by and consider the reasons, for despite losing, we dominated and won the key battles. Now is the time for us to move this club forward, to unite and stand firmly behind what we agree in, and to energise our grass roots supporters so they spread the word of what we believe - passing football, flowing football, attacking football.

Together, working as a team, we can achieve great things. We can reach the promised land. And I, your new leader, will promise you this - right here, right now - there are better days ahead for each and every person who belongs to this team I am proud to call my team.

God bless you. And God bless Norwich City Football Club.

[quote user="Ed Miliband"]Okay, so we lost. Let us not stand idly by and consider the reasons, for despite losing, we dominated and won the key battles. Now is the time for us to move this club forward, to unite and stand firmly behind what we agree in, and to energise our grass roots supporters so they spread the word of what we believe - passing football, flowing football, attacking football.

Together, working as a team, we can achieve great things. We can reach the promised land. And I, your new leader, will promise you this - right here, right now - there are better days ahead for each and every person who belongs to this team I am proud to call my team.

God bless you. And God bless Norwich City Football Club.[/quote]I did want your brother to win, but you''ve got my vote.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]

Cause we didn''t take our chances and got punished because of that. Simple really?

[/quote]Thought we were going to beat them 6-0? [:|][/quote]Lol please don''t tell me you believed that?

[quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]

Cause we didn''t take our chances and got punished because of that. Simple really?

[/quote]Thought we were going to beat them 6-0? [:|][/quote]Lol please don''t tell me you believed that? [/quote]First we were going to bash Watford and then we were going to do the same today.Maybe think before you post? I didnt believe it, just a reminder [;)]

Thats football.  We have scored a lot of late goals this season so we were always going to be bitten on the bum at some point.  As Neil Adams kept saying, if we play like that more often than not we will win more games than we lose.

OTBC.

[quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "][quote user="CT"][quote user="Brendo "]

[/quote]Thought we were going to beat them 6-0? [:|][/quote]Lol please don''t tell me you believed that? [/quote]First we were going to bash Watford and then we were going to do the same today.Maybe think before you post? I didnt believe it, just a reminder [;)][/quote]So sorry Sir! Well, I did think. I thought about having a wind up and it worked, so yeah. [:P]Soz for being optimistic against Watford aswell [:''(], but we are still in play offs. [:)]

First goal was offside :(But hey thats football, just be happy that its only 1 game and Wes / Holt seemed to be back to their old selves. We played them off the pitch and deserved the win but hey ho, Leciester on tuesday :)

[quote user="kdncfc"]Just back from the game and I''m still struggling to understand how we managed to lose, we battered them especially in the second half and wouldn''t have been flattered had we have won 5-0. Only critisicm from me is that we were far to wasteful in and around the box. Hull were a very poor team and while they got away with it today they won''t be winning away again for a very long time playing like that.[/quote]. Much the same train of thought as mine......easily top half finish this season playing like that......and top half is what I''m looking for. Anything above is a bonus.

We lost to a classic away performance and our profligacy in front of goal. Hull soaked up pressure really well and then took control. Bullard was outstanding in the last twenty minutes or so. I don''t accept that they were poor. they looked low on confidence, but were always organised and never wilted in the face of huge pressure. Yes, they were lucky, but they earned that. As for us, we were superb for 70 minutes without finding a finish. We can take lots of positives, but can we please drop the "Holt is untouchable" crap. He''s overweight and ineffective, not some sort of football god.

We are a decent midtable side, nothing more at present, but we didn''t deserve to lose today. That''s football - shit happens. Let''s move on to Tuesday.

I think today was a bit of a wake-up call. We can''t afford to waste chances like that in this league - it''s no use dominating possession for most of the match if you don''t make it count. We maybe would have got away with it last season in League 1, but not in the Championship. Hull had two real scoring chances and took them both (ok maybe three chances if you count the "disallowed" one near the beginning),and that is the sort of conversion rate you need at this level.Hull played it quite clever today, letting us dominate in midfield, and soaking up the pressure, not wasting energy chasing everything, with the result that they still looked fresh at the end of the match, and it was us who seemed to be tiring. Even Jimmy Bullard, who was supposed to be unfit, seemed full of running right to the end - I think we gave him far too much space in midfield in the second half, where we should have been hassling and harrassing him, making him tire himself out.Having said all that, if we can dominate like we did today, we will probably win more than we lose. We just need to add that ruthless edge to the game to make that further step up to be real promotion contenders.

On reflection I think you''ve got it spot on, in this league you will get punished if you don''t take your chances. I thought we looked far better today than we have in any home games so far, think we may regret not getting a big striker to compete with Holt.

a.,  Hull`s huge central defenders had a blinder, heading away virtually all of the 20 or so good crosses we played into the box today.

b.,  We seemed a bit tentative about shooting from distance.  It didn`t really surprise me that Hull scored from a speculative shot from distance which took a lucky deflection.  If the pitch is slippy take a few shots- anything can happen. 

c.,  I think whoever scored first was going to win today and as our relentless pressure failed to produce anything so it became more and more likely the oppo would get that all important goal.

We should bear in mind that alot of Hull`s players today have proven themselves pretty handy in the prem., yet for much of the game we made them look silly.  Well done to the fans (the majority i`m pleased to say) who applauded the team off at the end.  We`ve come a hell of a long way and today was a great performance- just "one of those days".

bullard is so overated good yes but the way people run on about him like he is something special cory smith will be twice the player he is no problem today robbed

i think the majority of the Hull possession was lots of square ball passing in def/mid, they looked a team completley lacking ideas, got a lucky goal and that was that.

As for the shots, that was where we were lacking, lots of good possession, some chances not taken and plenty of near things as balls missed players by inches etc

all round i thought we looked good apart from our finishing, disapointing to lose but as they say plenty to take forward

I think the Hull shots came after they scored first!

The stats also show we had 9 corners to 1, so need to make sure we make this pressure count.

I couldn''t believe it when I read the stats to see they had 57% of the posession, although they did seem to come into it more after they brought their subs on it certainly didn''t seem like they had that much of the ball. The shots didn''t surprise me because as a previous poster said we seem reluctant to shoot until we get close to goal and that is something that needs working on. We had plenty of chances to shoot around the box and chose to pass, in general it was a good performance but for the amount of good play we had we didn''t test the keeper enough.

[quote user="hogman"]bullard is so overated good yes but the way people run on about him like he is something special cory smith will be twice the player he is no problem today robbed[/quote]lolI thought he was class to be fair.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

We lost to a classic away performance and our profligacy in front of goal. Hull soaked up pressure really well and then took control. Bullard was outstanding in the last twenty minutes or so. I don''t accept that they were poor. they looked low on confidence, but were always organised and never wilted in the face of huge pressure. Yes, they were lucky, but they earned that. [/quote]

I agree with you Beau, Hull were better than their league position suggested.  Bullard was roaming around unmarked from minute one and was a class above every other player on the field; he''s their Huckerby provided he can stay fit.  They knew how to play against the diamond so that our lack of width was exposed, with Martin and Holt spending too much time out on the flanks. 

We looked a tad naive today I thought.  If Hull can recover from post-relegation syndrome I can see them finishing in the top six. 

Sadly those stats don''t lie - we played in fits and starts, which is why we only had 43% of the possession, but the most telling stat has to be we only had 4 shots on target in the 94mns. That has to be a concern. Well it is for me.