Sign in to follow this  
yellowasanything

Bring on derby day!

Seems to me like most fans are looking forward to this more than they had in the seasons prior to our fall from grace last term.

The prospect of defeating our cash-laden neighbours in front of 27,000 with a team put together organically by a very astute manager is mouth-watering.

I''m of the opinion that this division is more wide-open then ever and with the exception of possibly QPR it is a fact that anyone can beat anyone else.

Lets hope we can silence the Ipswich fans whose claims of a revolution under Roy Keane seem premature and ill-founded.

OTBC!!!

Can''t wait for this game, only 10 more games then its the big one plus no Danny Haynes to worry about this time [:)]

i know im looking forward to it more than ever, will be the first time my son has been to a local derby

"our cash-laden neighbours "

Yes, the neighbours with debts of £40-45m. Debts that are being racked up each season as they are unable to meet any payments.

The neighbours whose chief executive stated that they had to sell and drastically reduce their squad to not only fund a few loanees but to slash the wage bill.

The neighbours whose manger has stated that he expects further sales in January.

The neighbours whose income has been dropping year on year as have their season ticket holders.

Lets just hope that the Compleat Angler has the good sense to chain up their charity tins.

[quote user="City1st"]" Lets just hope that the Compleat Angler has the good sense to chain up their charity tins.[/quote]

Bet its not open [:)]

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="City1st"]" Lets just hope that the Compleat Angler has the good sense to chain up their charity tins.[/quote]

Bet its not open [:)]

[/quote]

Probably would be a good thing as knowing Smudger''s luck he would just be innocently walking past a couple of hundred scummers on Foundry bridge when he would be the victim of yet another injustice.[:D]

Never been to a derby day match. Maybe asking the obvious here....but what makes this different from the other matches? looking forward to the special feeling when the match commences!